2023-2024 AUS Thread

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
With the UdeM win over SMU today, it looks like UdeM will finish 2nd, barring a total collapse.

SMU will be in a battle with SFX for 3rd. SMU has the tiebreaker with SFX and play them one more time.
#3 is important because if you win your series, you avoid UNB until (possible) final, which is a ticket to Toronto.

I can't see UPEI moving into #3 or #4.

DAL needs a couple of wins with a couple of ACA losses. They play each other Feb 9 for the tiebreaker.

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
With the UdeM win over SMU today, it looks like UdeM will finish 2nd, barring a total collapse.

SMU will be in a battle with SFX for 3rd. SMU has the tiebreaker with SFX and play them one more time.
#3 is important because if you win your series, you avoid UNB until (possible) final, which is a ticket to Toronto.

I can't see UPEI moving into #3 or #4.

DAL needs a couple of wins with a couple of ACA losses. They play each other Feb 9 for the tiebreaker.

I like your enthusiasm. We're in a bit of injury trouble, and while I like our position we have definitely made it harder on ourselves than we should have, 2 pts against Acadia on Friday, and a couple points againts UPEI during the season and it would for sure be locked up.

Like you said, I can handle not finishing second, but I don't want nothing to do with 4th or 5th. I'll for sure be cheering on Acadia on Wednesday night.

Reactions: Rob

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I like your enthusiasm. We're in a bit of injury trouble, and while I like our position we have definitely made it harder on ourselves than we should have, 2 pts against Acadia on Friday, and a couple points againts UPEI during the season and it would for sure be locked up.

Like you said, I can handle not finishing second, but I don't want nothing to do with 4th or 5th. I'll for sure be cheering on Acadia on Wednesday night.
It's not enthusiam; it's math. SMU needs to win 3 of 4 while UdeM loses 3 of 4.

Reactions: timbitca

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Who has the tiebreaker between Moncton and SMU?
1706453728943.png

Moncton is 5 wins in 5 games vs SMU. U de M has it

timbitca

Feb 15, 2007
JLL Press Box
It's not enthusiam; it's math. SMU needs to win 3 of 4 while UdeM loses 3 of 4.
I suppose, but stranger shit has happened.
View attachment 812169

Moncton is 5 wins in 5 games vs SMU. U de M has it
Hadn't looked that far, and honestly didn't realise we were 5-0 against them.

Having said that, we don't have an easy road trip next week, at the Forum Friday night against DAL, and in Antigonish on Saturday night. Then we have UNB and UPEI to finish, they way we've been playing against UPEI this year, I'm definitely not banking on those 2 pts ahead of time. We do have the tie-breaker against StFX also, so in the event of a tie we're good to go.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Moncton has had the unfortunate luck of running into UNB in the semi-finals each of the last three seasons. If they can avoid that this year I like their chances of getting through to the final.
2nd place is definitely valuable for several reasons, gets you a rest from the 3-6 and 4-5 round, guarantees you don't play UNB in the semis and that non-UNB path to the AUS final and a berth in the national tournament

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Another SMU v Acadia game goes to overtime. This game had lots of scoring though. 4-3 for the Huskies. They now move into sole possession of third place.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
AUS are going to start charging a fee to watch playoff webcasts.

They started a subscription this year for those who want access to archived games.

Canada West charges for all games in the season. It makes sense. With the quality of streaming right now it must be having an impact on attendance. The teams need to make up for the lost revenue.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
They started a subscription this year for those who want access to archived games.

Canada West charges for all games in the season. It makes sense. With the quality of streaming right now it must be having an impact on attendance. The teams need to make up for the lost revenue.
Wonder if this is the first step towards the CW model of charging for all games?

Reactions: timbitca and Rob

Smu fan

Jan 4, 2020
Another Tyler Naugler special. Great work Tyler. Taking a team with all that talent to a mediocre season. Embarrassing!

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
UNB 5 STFX 3 - Reds were trailing in this game until about 4min left. Then the game winner at the 40 second mark. Outshot X 56-28. Three more games left for the perfect season.

Moncton 7 Dalhousie 4 - Mika Cyr with the natural hat trick. Secures second place and the first round bye. Tigers pretty much done.

UPEI 4 SMU 3 - Tough loss for the Huskies. Lost McClellan to a five min major early in the game. Panthers scored two goals in less than thirty seconds to take the lead. Got to see the third period. The ref made a really made goalie interference call on McPherson. Capriotti stepped in front of him then dove to get the call. Naugler was really giving it to the ref at the end of the game.

Reactions: timbitca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad