GDT: 2022 WJC Gold Medal Game FIN vs CAN 6pm MT, 8pm ET 2022-08-20

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Lol what?!?

Of course it matters, how many registered players country has.. Unless you're trying to say that some countrys product much more star players than others..

Let's do somekind of math... (numbers are just random and not anywhere true)

If there would be a star player for every 1k player.. Then Canada would have +300 of them, and Finland 65.

So Canada would have much larger pool of star players, just because there's much bigger pool to begin with..

So Finland losing 1 it's star players would convert Canada losing 4,6 star players etc..
What you are saying doesn't make sense. You don't get a handicap for not having alot of players registered. Canada & USA are the best because they have the most players.

You see, countries have the players they actually have. They are disadvantaged by the loss of a top player at a 1:1 ratio relative to other countries.

Relative number of players has absolutely no bearing on it.

Hockey world championships are not per capita events.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Hmm.. you list whc's, but then left out olympics?

I clearly included the Olympics. I did not include Olympics without NHL players.

View attachment 578894

The expressions.

The drama.

The final twist.

All in a split second.

Man it's still insane. What a capture this is!!!

This ending felt like watching The Usual Suspects for the first time lol.

The sheer emotion displayed at this tournament is unreal. The Finnish players in disbelief at the end just lying on the ice capturing the heartbreak. The celebration captured not only through the players but the landed gloves and sticks makes for an amazing capture that'll last forever.

View attachment 578897
What a wonderful shot.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They still are olympics.. World championships are played with equal players, yet you included them ;)

If you think the last Olympic teams were on par with World Championship teams, I don’t know what to tell you.

Eric Staal played because no NHL team would hire him.

It was a joke tournament, pure and simple.

I don’t brag about the 2016 World Cup and you guys should probably simmer down when it comes to whatever that last Olympic tourney was.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If you think the last Olympic teams were on par with World Championship teams, I don’t know what to tell you.

I don’t brag about the 2016 World Cup and you guys should probably simmer down when it comes to whatever that last Olympic tourney was.
It should be noted if the Czechs had won that tourney, I'd still be celebrating!

Reactions: jj cale and NyQuil

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Finland's hockey medals from last 8 years ( 2014 - 2022 ).

U20 WJC Gold
Men's Olympic bronze
Men's IIHF worlds Silver Medal
Women's Olympic bronze

U18 WJC Silver medal

U20 WJC Gold medal
U18 WJC Gold medal
Men's IIHF Worlds Silver medal

U18 WJC Silver Medal

U18 WJC Gold medal

U20 WJC Gold Medal
IIHF Worlds Gold Medal
Women's IIHF Worlds Silver Medal

U20 WJC Bronze Medal
Men's IIHF Worlds Silver Medal
Women's IIHF Worlds Bronze Medal
European Youth Olympic Festival Gold medal

Men's Olympic Gold
Women's Olympic Bronze
Men's IIHF Worlds Gold Medal
U20 WJC Silver Medal
U18 WJC Bronze Medal
Women's U18 WJC Bronze Medal

Medals Total 23
9 Gold
7 Silver
7 Bronze

Doesn't look so bad in my eyes.
So do you wanna fight / argue more?
No it’s not bad I agree just not near Canada lol. Deal with it. Yea I will argue more because you and your fans are delusional and still mad about a loss. Canada is way better. Cry more

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
One game doesn't necessarily define Canada's performance. They were the best team in the tournament period by quite a margin.
Agree.

Teams usually have one great game in them during a short tournament. Czechia had it against the U.S. and Finland had it against Canada in Game 2.

In a 7 game series, Canada wins 5 minimum.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014

Well.. Atleast Team Finland had equal team, dont know about Canada.

Maybe choosing Staal was more on the coach, than on tournament ;)

And no im not bragging about last olympics, Still hoping for true best on best.. Wether it is Olympics or World Cup (without gimmick teams)

I just truly wondered about you leaving olympics out, as teams were equal to world championsships, well.. not true for Canada, but everyone else..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad