Blue Jays GDT: 2022 v7 | Next: Fri, Jul 29 | vs Det | 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT | *STUPID APPLE TV GAME* | Garcia vs Manoah

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Surprising how the Tigers weren't chasing those cutters and forcing Manoah to pitch in the zone. Even the Tigers are giving Manoah lessons that he'll have to learn as he continues on the track to be one of the best pitchers in the league.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
For those who aren’t watching, Manoah took a 93 mph like drive right off his pitching elbow. Went down clutching his elbow but got right back up.

Looks like he wanted to throw some practice pitches but the trainer insisted he come out.

Reactions: Eyedea and TMLeafer

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
For those who aren’t watching, Manoah took a 93 mph like drive right off his pitching elbow. Went down clutching his elbow but got right back up.

Looks like he wanted to throw some practice pitches but the trainer insisted he come out.
Thanks - not watching tonight.. apple can f*** off

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I heard Bo got hurt tonight too. Springer, Manoah, Bo hurt. Atkins do something dude

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta

its the smart play get ice on it and wrapped a x-ray asap and get ahead of the worst case scenario

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I heard Bo got hurt tonight too. Springer, Manoah, Bo hurt. Atkins do something dude
Bichette was never in this game. He was out seemingly as maintenance/double-check after the collision yesterday.

I think if Manoah is out for any length of time the Jays might be better off setting up for next season instead of pushing the chips in for this one. There comes a point where there are too many holes to paper over and still expect to compete this post-season.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Yesh Alek really has been the most reliable and him alone won’t be enough. Maybe stay the course :) rethink in the off season. Depending on these injuries of course.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Joe Jimenez is the Tigers pen arm I'd focus on if I was the Jays. I know that the sexy piece is Gregory Soto, but Jimenez would come cheaper, has an option, isn't a FA until 2024, and is having a very strong year. If they think they can keep him from pumpkining and turning back into his previous years' versions where he got rocked with regularity, he's a good high-velo, strike-thrower.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Just came to check the score. How are we losing with manoah pitching against the tigers?

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Thanks guys for the update on Bo. I was too lazy to even check the line-up lol. Just curious though, what is the purpose exactly of having Zack Collins on the roster? Guy sucks

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Thanks guys for the update on Bo. I was too lazy to even check the line-up lol. Just curious though, what is the purpose exactly of having Zack Collins on the roster? Guy sucks

It's probably primarily to let them DH Kirk without worrying about having to lose the DH spot and have the pitcher hit if something happens to the guy who's starting at catcher.

I think the concern is overblown and I'd much rather just have Jansen catching any time Kirk DHs, but at least it makes a kind of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad