Blue Jays GDT: 2022 v12 | Next: Wed, Oct 5 | @ Bal | *DOUBLEHEADER* | 12:30pm ET/9:30am PT & TBD | TBA vs Baumann & TBA vs Watkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Actually don't want the Jays to score this inning so this meaningless game can be over

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I know this game means nothing. But my god. White f***ing sucks. He's a total gas can. He better not be anywhere near the playoff roster.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
I can’t remember but I thought JP Arencibia had some sort of record with being the worst or one of the worst hitters ever in a regular season.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That trade for White not looking good right now. Maybe he pulls a Stripling next season but not holding my breath.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I can’t remember but I thought JP Arencibia had some sort of record with being the worst or one of the worst hitters ever in a regular season.

I think it was a top 2-3 worst on-base % in history if not for the fact that he missed out on qualifying for MLB leaderboards by less than a half-dozen plate appearances.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Cant defend White here. Dont know who's call it was (White or Moreno) but a first pitch fastball when White is having trouble locate his fastball was a bad call. White setup for success today and blew it.

Moreno has to work on his game calling which will get better. Completely new staff for him.

Today's 6-8th innings is perfect tape for Walker to go over with Mitch White. Has all the tools to be a 5 starter or swing man a la Stripling but no toolbox. Got confidence he can be a bit more consistent next season.

I originally wanted Zimmer on the roster for his defense if Espinal or Gurriel cant play but he is just a black hole. JBJ is so much better with Tapia should cover all the OF innings with Springer, Teo and potentially Merrifield if needed. But Zimmer still may make it with his base running and great defense. But thats all he should do.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I think he is. AINEC. Isn't he on pace to setting a record of having the worst batting average in MLB history of any player with at least 100 AB's in a season??? I could have sworn I saw a tweet about that stat a while back.

Edit: Yup. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm honestly impressed with how Zimmer has been able to get 113 PA this year despite being a complete potato with the bat. I won't question his methods lol

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
These games are like pre-season games...completely meaningless. No reason to watch, and just pray that any of the regulars don't get hurt. 🤞

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Some sentences I never thought I would hear at the start of the year.

1. Today's Designated Hitter batting 4th Danny Jansen.
2. Batting second Raimel Tapia
3. Romano gets out of a 4th inning jam to hold the lead
4. Leading off for the Blue Jays Otto Lopez
5. Starting in Left Field Gabriel Moreno

Reactions: MS

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm honestly impressed with how Zimmer has been able to get 113 PA this year despite being a complete potato with the bat. I won't question his methods lol

He's only started like 20 games as an injury replacement mostly for Springer before the Jays picked up Jackie Bradley. Otherwise he's getting into games how he should: as a late-innings defensive/baserunning sub who picks up a PA simply by virtue of timing/coming in during the 7th/8th.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
oBxN1uz7a_adECFFXwH2A1q6bxU=.gif

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What a weirdly stupid tangent Buck/Pat are on. Of course they remember a lot more about players from when they're younger. That's how it works. Everyone better remembers the players and teams of their childhoods and young adulthoods but then over time that ability to retain and compare info fades as nostalgia and bias start creeping in.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Now I get they don't deserve it and all by why not just start Kikuchi and White in their respective games. Let Kikuchi go a few innings. It's a worthless game anyway

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Having both these games on in the background with all the pitchers in and players in multiple positions has been quite great while not accomplishing much work

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Now I get they don't deserve it and all by why not just start Kikuchi and White in their respective games. Let Kikuchi go a few innings. It's a worthless game anyway

Given they had an off day last night and tomorrow perhaps they just wanted to get everyone some reps in before Friday.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad