Blue Jays GDT: 2022 v11 | Next: Sat, Sept 24 | @ TB | 6:00pm ET/3:00pm PT | Manoah vs Rasmussen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Tampa Bay as an organization is just bad for baseball. I was actually shocked when they paid Franco, they will prob still trade him after they lose 100M.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
1st and 2nd with no outs and with the top of the order coming up and they weren't able to score

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If the roles were reversed it’d be at least 1-0 Tampa right now.

Springer’s spot wouldn’t have struck out and would have moved the runner to third.

Bichette’s grounder would’ve scored a run.

These guys still need to be a lot better at baseball fundamentals.

Reactions: Orca Smash

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
If the roles were reversed it’d be at least 1-0 Tampa right now.

Springer’s spot wouldn’t have struck out and would have moved the runner to third.

Bichette’s grounder would’ve scored a run.

These guys still need to be a lot better at baseball fundamentals.

Its been a problem all year yet its the definition of insanity it continues to happen. No adjustments or changes. Errors continue, terrible at bats where they dont make contact or pull the ball to short for a double play, happens over and over.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Its been a problem all year yet its the definition of insanity it continues to happen. No adjustments or changes. Errors continue, terrible at bats where they dont make contact or pull the ball to short for a double play, happens over and over.
They need to stop expecting fastball on decision pitches. Pitchers just aren’t giving in to them anymore. Take the walk and don’t swing at bad pitches.

I think there might be too many egos on this team. Not sure we will score many runs in the playoffs with everyone trying to play hero
They need more contact ability and better approaches at the plate.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
They need to stop expecting fastball on decision pitches. Pitchers just aren’t giving in to them anymore. Take the walk and don’t swing at bad pitches.

They need more contact ability and better approaches at the plate.

I also think the book is out, pitch the jays low and away and throw alot of junk. This team has a ton of talent, but when there struggling to score runs and the pitchers are going low and away all game you might not make hard contact and cant pull the ball. You may need to adjust and shorten your swing and go the other way for a single.

Although thats what also makes no sense with people pitching to judge right now. Its often not low and away when they do pitch to him its right down the middle and its sailing over the fence.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’m not sure whether Tapia throwing a mini tantrum there is a good thing or a bad thing.

You want players that have emotion and a desire to make a difference. But OTOH I think he should understand that it was probably the right move.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Wow, that pitch carried from the outside right over the plate.

I know he struggled when he came over and I was one of the few that liked the trade, hopefully he stays hot. He did not miss that mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad