2022 USports Recruiting

cishockeyfan

Nov 5, 2007
I'm curious what anyone thinks of Josh Lawrence (Fredericton) chances of being a potential future UNB Red.
I've never watched him play in person, but I've read a lot of good things. hes undersized for Pro Hockey unless he plays bigger than his frame

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I'm curious what anyone thinks of Josh Lawrence (Fredericton) chances of being a potential future UNB Red.
I've never watched him play in person, but I've read a lot of good things. hes undersized for Pro Hockey unless he plays bigger than his frame
I am sure he is very much on their radar. He’s having an outstanding season.

I’ll be curious how he performs next year on what will probably be a much weaker team. Are his numbers just a product of being on a stacked team?

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I am sure he is very much on their radar. He’s having an outstanding season.

I’ll be curious how he performs next year on what will probably be a much weaker team. Are his numbers just a product of being on a stacked team?
Well, I have certainly had my eye on him, fwiw. As a small forward you could anticipate him going the UNB route, like Phil Maillet, to prove his worth. And yes, I too will be interested to see how he adjusts next year to playing on probably a less-skilled Saint John team who are "going for it" this year.

Reactions: Rob

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Our 1st TMU sighting....
Have you heard anything about Dawson Theede? I was listening to an interview with him and he was saying he plans on going back to school next year … mentioned that he has the ability to transfer and wasn’t sure which school it would be .

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Have you heard anything about Dawson Theede? I was listening to an interview with him and he was saying he plans on going back to school next year … mentioned that he has the ability to transfer and wasn’t sure which school it would be .
I have not heard anything. Things are quiet at SMU.

He has a Criminology degree, minoring in Psychology, so I don't know if he can go into a Masters program with that. I'll assume that if he said he could transfer, then he is able to.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB

He has a Criminology degree, minoring in Psychology, so I don't know if he can go into a Masters program with that. I'll assume that if he said he could transfer, then he is able to.
Education, MBA, Law, Medical or Dentistry School are all options if you have the grades and/or test scores.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Or, you can get in a UNB Masters of the Universe program without having graduated from your previous school.

<For those who've forgotten how much I hate UNB>
I have no reason to believe he is coming to UNB but I definitely wouldn’t complain if he was added to the “vertically challenged” forward group that UNB has without Rassell and SDM.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I have no reason to believe he is coming to UNB but I definitely wouldn’t complain if he was added to the “vertically challenged” forward group that UNB has without Rassell and SDM.

He's a big guy, but certainly not as skilled. He would be a good fit.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com

You can always try - it's up to the school admissions and program requirements. Some only require an undergrad while others prefer an undergrad in a supporting discipline.

A Master's of Psychology would work. Not sure the popular (for UNB) MBA or M. Kin (Business) is a good fit :rolleyes:

He could go to Law School (like T. MacDougall).

hkyNS

May 3, 2022
Halifornia, NS
He will probably stay with SMU because he also plays NLL with the Halifax thunderbirds.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
He will probably stay with SMU because he also plays NLL with the Halifax thunderbirds.
Don’t most of the Thunderbirds actually live in Ontario? Maybe I’m dreaming but I’m pretty sure most are employed in Ontario, I also got the impression that once hockey starts he will be all hockey.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Yes I doubt he is going to another team, he has way to much beef with most of the other teams.
are you talking in terms of being a pain in the ass to play against? I'm pretty sure those are the guys you want on your side, or is their something (you don't need to specify what) that we might not know about? I'm pretty sure no one liked playing against Matt Boudens but if anyone had the chance to add him , you know damn well they would have.

Reactions: AUS Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad