WJC: 2022 Sweden Roster Talk

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Yep I am I was talking about sweden having players who have acted like sore losers in the past at this tournament.

of course everything has to go back to that. see you in couple weeks when canada has another medal and sweden finishes 4th
Nowdays Canada is known for being sore winners. U win a lot and still complain or redicule. Hate that i humans overall. But in the past u were absolutly known for playing dirty as hell. Tryin to butt end the teath out of Sundin after a 8hour dental surgery. If that aint dirty...
Nowdays most teams are equally dirty (on ice) . So no complains there.

There are more soft Canada players then Swedes in NHL, because there are a lot more Canadian players. And the best Swedes aint soft or they would not last a week.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Seems like this forums gone back 15-ish years to the Markström/Tavares (or was it someone else?) incidents. Please, put it to rest. Pretty much all hockey players these days are lame - they either don't know how to hit anymore, or they're embellishing, faking injuries or sticks to the face, etc etc.

To say that Team Canada's like they were 20 years ago is false. They have much more talented, smallish, annoying players these days, a lot of them brought up with the saying that "Hockey is Canadas game", but then again, that's just some. On the other hand, a lot of Swedish players and fans remember games ages ago when Forsberg, Sundin, Markström, Landeskog etc were "targeted" and hurt in some games, as well as the treatment that Salming and other euros got way back. Swedish media and commentators are some of the biggest reasons for this, since they have nothing else to talk about (they're very bad), and the "common fans" like Eye of Raa listens and makes that his truth. It's sad, really.

Let go of the past. please.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Seems like this forums gone back 15-ish years to the Markström/Tavares (or was it someone else?) incidents. Please, put it to rest. Pretty much all hockey players these days are lame - they either don't know how to hit anymore, or they're embellishing, faking injuries or sticks to the face, etc etc.

To say that Team Canada's like they were 20 years ago is false. They have much more talented, smallish, annoying players these days, a lot of them brought up with the saying that "Hockey is Canadas game", but then again, that's just some. On the other hand, a lot of Swedish players and fans remember games ages ago when Forsberg, Sundin, Markström, Landeskog etc were "targeted" and hurt in some games, as well as the treatment that Salming and other euros got way back. Swedish media and commentators are some of the biggest reasons for this, since they have nothing else to talk about (they're very bad), and the "common fans" like Eye of Raa listens and makes that his truth. It's sad, really.

Let go of the past. please.
I will never let go of the 6-5 Sweden-Finland game. NEVER!
So many televisions was destroyed that game. First in Sweden , then in Finland. A great day to be a telerepairer. And a Swede.

But yeah all teams are pretty equal in terms of dirt, or maby more dust in these days.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I will never let go of the 6-5 Sweden-Finland game. NEVER!
So many televisions was destroyed that game. First in Sweden , then in Finland. A great day to be a telerepairer. And a Swede.

But yeah all teams are pretty equal in terms of dirt, or maby more dust in these days.
I mean, I was more thinking about letting go of old sayings and anger, not Swedish/Finnish (mostly finnish...) rivalries.

Reactions: ZEBROA

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Torgersson needs to use his size much more and deliver some hits. Stakkestad and Sjoberg is much smaller but 99 % more physical than him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know everyone is comparing Edvinsson to Hedman because of his height, but he is giving me Salming vibes more than anything else. Detroit sure as hell is set with him and Seider on the Blue line for the next 12- 15 years.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I know everyone is comparing Edvinsson to Hedman because of his height, but he is giving me Salming vibes more than anything else. Detroit sure as hell is set with him and Seider on the Blue line for the next 12- 15 years.
Edvinsson is more physical than Hedman

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The Dec team could be really good.

Lindbohm
Hävelid
Swedin

Edvinsson - Anton Olsson
Hävelid - Salomonsson
Lindstein - Forsmark
Sjöholm - Jansson

Öhgren - Östlund - Lekkerimäki
Stjernborg - Rosen - Lysell
Leo Carlsson - Dower Nilsson - Stenberg
Sjöberg - Bystedt - Oskar Pettersson
Robertsson

Yes i do think Edvinsson could play, its possible the wings wants him to play in AHL for a season.

+ Hävelid is better coach than mr.clown.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Been super disappointed in Lysell.

Soft perimeter game, tries to just dangle everyone like its beer league. Its not working vs Junior players and it certainly not going to work vs professionals.

I do not think he will be very successful at all in the NHL.

Reactions: bsu

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Been super disappointed in Lysell.

Soft perimeter game, tries to just dangle everyone like its beer league. Its not working vs Junior players and it certainly not going to work vs professionals.

I do not think he will be very successful at all in the NHL.

I don't think any forward on this team is going to have much success in the NHL. Except for Lekkerimäki and Öhgren. Those two have certainly not been good either but will learn eventually.

Stakkestad has been the best forward and he's not even drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad