2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs general talk

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I've been reflecting on exactly this, and I think that the losses to the Knights last year have done this team a world of good for this go around. Aside from Game 2 against St Louis (and the third period in Game 5 against St Louis and maybe the first two periods of Game 4 against Edmonton), the Avs have been playing their game and imposing their will on opponents. Granted not playing perfect, unbeatable hockey especially with the below average goaltending, but they have been very consistent at being able to play their game.

Just goes to show how legendary of a legend Megna is, that no one knows how to spell his first name without looking it up (apparently it's Jayson) :sarcasm:
That’s right. I actually did know that but forgot. Like Jay’s son or J’s son. Wait is he the new Jared’s son?

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I've been reflecting on exactly this, and I think that the losses to the Knights last year have done this team a world of good for this go around. Aside from Game 2 against St Louis (and the third period in Game 5 against St Louis and maybe the first two periods of Game 4 against Edmonton), the Avs have been playing their game and imposing their will on opponents. Granted not playing perfect, unbeatable hockey especially with the below average goaltending, but they have been very consistent at being able to play their game.
100%, sir. 100%. It is also most excellent to read those with memory, historical analysis. Look back to how they got here. Not my forte... so grateful to all who do this.

The road is littered with examples of high, sustained compete level, across any sport. As you say, "they have been very consistent at being able to play their game"... trust they will keep it that way.

As said prior, am building up to an unnatural but energizing interest in this series. And legacy smegacy... regardless that I am a big fan of TB and definitely that freak of nature Vasi, I want the Avs to biotch slap that Bolts smugness off'a their mugs. More, I want to be epically wrong.. in my historically neg nancy view of aspects of the Avs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Glad Jacob Trouba is not only sitting at home, but got his ass absolutely scorched on the game- and series-winning goal. I knew he was a dirty player but holy shit he's headed headlong into Raffi Torres territory.

Rangers appear to be on the right track but they have a potential problem in that their core is made of very young and somewhat aged players. Winnipeg had this issue and handled it terribly. Having an elite goalie helps of course.

Reactions: dahrougem2

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Agree across all points. Tipping point of course being goaltending. From what I saw, NY fell into the tempo trap. Tempo being controlled by TB's style. Not at all NY's game, but looked like they were hypnotized by TB and never came remotely to breaking out of it.

Was thinking while watching that if MacK does what he does, which is not give a flying fvck about who's across from him which is infectious to his teammates (and fans), be it a reporter or an opposing team, Avs are highly disruptive. I think that is the other tipping point.. Avs not get hypnotized by the Bolts style of play. Sustained compete level, their way, and agree with you.. Avs can make nothing about this series easy. Good.

Admit am coming close to the fervor I maintain for Army/Navy football game. And that is 'close'. Nothing can attain that level inNsho.
Just catching up now.....Agree about the tempo. When NYR played their game at their tempo, they were dominate.

Tampa will be looking to hurt the Avs best early. You can count on it. Perry is a dick. Maroon is a hack. Kucherov is sneaky cheap little POS. d everyone. Cernak and Sergachev will run you, Just to name a few....

Reactions: drhiii

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Just catching up now.....Agree about the tempo. When NYR played their game at their tempo, they were dominate.

Tampa will be looking to hurt the Avs best early. You can count on it. Perry is a dick. Maroon is a hack. Kucherov is sneaky cheap little POS. d everyone. Cernak and Sergachev will run you, Just to name a few....
:thumbu:

Avs bring the compete level they are capable of, sustained compete level.. and disruption is the name of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad