2022 Season Discussion Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone going with Hassan Haskins this week? I picked him up, and in tempted, but he’s not a guy who got me here, and I’ve been burned before. Even though I have no idea how I got here with David Montgomery and Dameon Pierce as my running backs.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Anyone going with Hassan Haskins this week? I picked him up, and in tempted, but he’s not a guy who got me here, and I’ve been burned before. Even though I have no idea how I got here with David Montgomery and Dameon Pierce as my running backs.

I went with Zack Moss over DOnta Foreman last week and it almost cost me.

If you have no one else it's worth a shot, but I'd stay away from that team. TNF game and Joshua Dobbs is starting.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Going with AJ Dillion and Aaron Jones together and hoping for the best. James Cook or Michael Carter is my 3rd emergency chute. I have no confidence in the Titans mangled Oline and 3rd string QB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Going with AJ Dillion and Aaron Jones together and hoping for the best. James Cook or Michael Carter is my 3rd emergency chute. I have no confidence in the Titans mangled Oline and 3rd string QB.
I have James Cook in right now over Mostert.

Reactions: DS7

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Looking back on my team this year, talk about a mobile MASH unit, Original draft:

QB - Josh Allen
QB - Derek Carr
RB - Javonte Williams
RB - Aaron Jones
RB - Damien Harris
RB - Dameon Pierce
RB - Mike Davis
WR - Rashod Bateman
WR - Russel Gage
WR - Joshua Palmer
WR - Romeo Doubs
WR - KJ Osborn
WR - Isiah McKenzie
TE - Dawson Knox
K - Dustin Hopkins
D - New England

Adding in waiver wire pickups, my final health status, Lost for some or all of season:

Benched: QB Derek Carr
IR: RB Javonte Williams
IR: RB Dameon Pierce
IR: RB Caleb Huntley
IR: WR Rashod Bateman
IR: WR Jarvis Landry
IR: TE Greg Dulcich
IR: K Dustin Hopkins
Waived by NFL team: RB Mike Davis

Out 3 weeks: TE David Njoku
Out 4 weeks: WR Russel Gage
Out 4 weeks: WR Romeo Doubs
Out 6 weeks: WR Julio Jones
Out 7 weeks, limited most of season: RB Damien Harris

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Man, not important in the grand scheme of things but did I ever get f***ed over by that game cancellation.

I had Allen and Gabe Davis and needed 4 points, full PPR. 99% win probability.

Game doesn't count, I technically lose. We agree to split it 70-30 in my favour, next day guy throws a shit fit and demands 50-50. Friends league that we have played in for 10 years, turns into a shit show.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
won in one of my leagues fair and square. all our players played before the monday night game. so I took home the championship in that one.

the other league. I was down 57 points with Gabe Davis and Allen to play as well. they have combined two times this season for 58 points or more so i had like a 12% chance of wining lmao. I was fine with 2nd in that one. no argument or playing into week 18 etc.

Man, not important in the grand scheme of things but did I ever get f***ed over by that game cancellation.

I had Allen and Gabe Davis and needed 4 points, full PPR. 99% win probability.

Game doesn't count, I technically lose. We agree to split it 70-30 in my favour, next day guy throws a shit fit and demands 50-50. Friends league that we have played in for 10 years, turns into a shit show.

Ya that is a tough one. he is technically in the power position unless your league commish intervenes and makes a ruling which they probably want do not want to be involved if they dont have to be. We had that in another leauge am in. One manager was at lets say 79 points with mixon left to go. The other manager was at 68 with allen, diggs, singletary and buff D to play. They ended up splitting 50/50 as technically based on the app the guy with 79 points won the championship week and we had no rules made for a situation such as this.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
This will be a bit of long-winded post. It was my first year playing fantasy in a 10 team family league - and I ended up winning it all!

Now, I don’t know if it was because I never really cared, but I found myself being extremely interested in FF. I would check out different livestreams, different websites, etc. to get an edge over my opponent. Turns out, nobody else in my family league wanted to make trades or waiver deals. I was later being called out for picking up guys off waivers ‘too early’ before others had a chance. (Justin Fields when he had his hot streak, Brian Robinson Jr, Christian Watson, etc.). Smart strategy? Or just becoming a bit more invested versus the other players? Eh, who gives a shit

long story short. Loved my first experience with FF. Won my family league, but will probably never play with family again. Bunch of sore losers. The whole cancelled week really soured on everyone who was in the playoffs - besides me

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Complaining someone picked someone off waivers "too soon" is hilarious and just being butthurt. It's called having foresight. I do it all the time.

Sometimes I'll pick up guys like that who never actually wind up doing anything but it's worth a shot if you had the roster space. For example: Kyren Williams of the Rams this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00