NHL 2022-out of town thread III - Marty Walsh reportedly in the mix to become director of NHL Players’ Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Isles are rolling. Imagine losing a 7 game opening round to them with Horvat scoring the game winning goal. this place would be off the chain with the we should got Horvat posts.
Yes - they've won four in a row. But they had lost 10 out of 11 before that. Of all the first round possible opponents, the Islanders would be my number 1 choice. Just not that good a team, even with a great netminder.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Yes - they've won four in a row. But they had lost 10 out of 11 before that. Of all the first round possible opponents, the Islanders would be my number 1 choice. Just not that good a team, even with a great netminder.

Wouldn't that be the single biggest concern for any opponent in any round? Goalies are the only players who can steal an NHL playoff round against a vastly superior team.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Too many Jose Theodore flashbacks for me Hahha

I do think they beat anyone though but I’d much rather face Washington, Pittsburgh, Buffalo or Florida. I still have mental anguish from the Isles winning in 1983 and you never want to face a great goaltender

Reactions: EverettMike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad