NHL 2022-out of town thread III - Marty Walsh reportedly in the mix to become director of NHL Players’ Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Imagine what he would have got had he finished 33rd.
Fine disregard the defense. I’ll gladly take Horvats 30+ goals a year and 54% in the face off dot at $8.5m than Zacha as a future top 6 center at $4.5 who has never scored more than 17 goals and has a 46% face off percentage.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Maybe but never say never. Things change, many here were convinced he would never come back last year.

Panthers are spanking the Bolts.

It's possible that Krejci's family could decide to move to Boston for next season, but it makes no sense. The time to do that would have been when they first returned to the US, not 9+ months later after they've already gotten settled into SC and into local schools etc. Can't completely rule it out I suppose, but at present all the signs point to this year being one and done for DK.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Fine disregard the defense. I’ll gladly take Horvats 30+ goals a year and 54% in the face off dot at $8.5m than Zacha as a future top 6 center at $4.5 who has never scored more than 17 goals and has a 46% face off percentage.
At least we agree on that. I do not like Zacha. He needs to go to power skating school. Then, I think they would really have something.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Man do I wish Carlo had that nasty in his game

It would be nice. Trouba also milked two PPs out of the Flames with his hits - both clean, both needlessly met with an immediate response of a fight by Calgary players, both resulting in the officials for once doing their jobs properly and calling instigator penalties against the Flames. 2nd PP, the Rangers scored. In a game that they won in OT, that was an important goal. Trouba wears the 'C' for a reason.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
We will see as the price differential is huge. I absolutely give you chops for making a case. Could go either way honestly.

As bad as Van was they had some really high end offensive players in Petterson, Miller and Hughes along with solid 2nd and 3rd line guys like Boeser, Kuz and even Garland until this year.

NYI after Barzal are lacking anyone upfront remotely dynamic offensively literally under 30. That's a huge load to carry.

Zacha will have Pastrnak and DeBrusk on his line under 27.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Nice hits, I guess. Too bad the Rangers suck.

Sheshterkin isn't playing out of his mind the way he did last year and teams have begun to figure him out, a double whammy that's biting the Rangers hard. Gallant keeps riding him because unfortunately Halak's lost his mojo, he hasn't played well in the games I've watched him play. Krieder is another one who's come back down to earth, he's not scoring at nearly the same pace he did last year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nice hits, I guess. Too bad the Rangers suck.

Sheshterkin isn't playing out of his mind the way he did last year and teams have begun to figure him out, a double whammy that's biting the Rangers hard. Gallant keeps riding him because unfortunately Halak's lost his mojo, he hasn't played well in the games I've watched him play. Krieder is another one who's come back down to earth, he's not scoring at nearly the same pace he did last year.

Rangers past 24 games

17-4-3

Bruins past 24 games

17-3-4

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Like a lot of us, I'm sure, I subscribe to some hockey related FB pages. Over the last day or so a couple of different ones have touched on who is the 2nd best defenseman after Orr.

Not surprising I'm sure is that I have Bourque there -- among those I've seen play.

I simply cannot believe the number of people who reply with something along the lines of:

Lidstrom, hands down way ahead of Bourque.

Now, first of all, I'm not taking a thing away for Lidstrom, as I'd have him probably 3rd on the list.

But the lack of awareness regarding Bourque's career --- even among those old enough to have seen him play is astounding.

When I pointed out Bourque's far superior offensive stats, one guy said but Lidstrom was the best defensive defenseman ever.

At which point I said -- OK give him a 10 for defense --- Bourque still gets at least an 8.5/9 ---

but

Giving Bourque a 10 for offense ---- I say Lidstrom is a 7.5/8.

Then the Norris comments come in -- Nic 7 --- Bourque 5.

However, Bourque had a Calder, 7 more AS Selections and was Hart Runner Up 2x -- where Lidstrom never got higher than 3rd.

Plus I rattled off a list of Forwards who Bourque outscored in his career -- all HOF guys and it's amazing --- quick sample --- Hull, Modano, Hawerchuk, Recchi, Gilmour ---- etc.

Again, not saying Lidstrom isn't in the mix --- but to read some of the stupid takes about Bourque is laughable.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Records can be deceiving. Rangers have had to work a lot harder for their wins this year because Sheshterkin doesn't have a horseshoe up his butt.

I agree. He (Shesterkin) hasn't been as strong as last year. You mentioned Kreider and as suspected, his goal production has come back down to earth as bit as well.

Reactions: BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Trouba is quite adept at making borderline hits. That being said, his hit on Kadri was a real beauty. The fact that it was against Kadri made it even better. I still remember what that puke did to Wingels and Jake.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
They won a Cup and lost interest we've seen this before. They probably want April off.

Its infuriating we don't have a second Cup because the Bruins never really fell off like that after 2011. 2 coaches kept around for far too long if we had a quicker hook on both we'd have had a couple more regular seasons like this one since.
One and done it seems

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Like a lot of us, I'm sure, I subscribe to some hockey related FB pages. Over the last day or so a couple of different ones have touched on who is the 2nd best defenseman after Orr.

No surprising I'm sure is that I have Bourque there -- among those I've seen play.

I simply cannot believe the number of people who reply with something along the lines of:

Now, first of all, I'm not taking a thing away for Lidstrom, as I'd have him probably 3rd on the list.

But the lack of awareness regarding Bourque's career --- even among those old enough to have seen him play is astounding.

When I pointed out Bourque's far superior offensive stats, one guy said but Lidstrom was the best defensive defenseman ever.

At which point I said -- OK give him a 10 for defense --- Bourque still gets at least an 8.5/9 ---

but

However, Bourque had a Calder, 7 more AS Selections and was Hart Runner Up 2x -- where Lidstrom never got higher than 3rd.

Plus I rattled off a list of Forwards who Bourque outscored in his career -- all HOF guys and it's amazing --- quick sample --- Hull, Modano, Hawerchuk, Recchi, Gilmour ---- etc.

Again, not saying Lidstrom isn't in the mix --- but to read some of the stupid takes about Bourque is laughable.

Recency bias. 20 years from now we will have to listen to how much better than Lidstrom Karlsson or Makar were. As to the Norris argument, Bourque got robbed for the Norris at least twice, whereas Lidstrom stole at least one, probably 2, from Chara.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The NHL is going to have to do amnesty buyouts at some point or nobody will get paid down the road. Many of these deals are going to age very poorly

Next season is really the last one to be concerned. Cap will start to consistently increase. Deals signed now will be fine.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

No surprising I'm sure is that I have Bourque there -- among those I've seen play.

but

I’ll say what everyone else is thinking. Lidstrom was overrated

Recency bias. 20 years from now we will have to listen to how much better than Lidstrom Karlsson or Makar were. As to the Norris argument, Bourque got robbed for the Norris at least twice, whereas Lidstrom stole at least one, probably 2, from Chara.
Bourque should not have beaten out Scott Stevens one year IMO but I think he also got robbed three times

Next season is really the last one to be concerned. Cap will start to consistently increase. Deals signed now will be fine.
Teams may have 20 plus million of dead weight by then. I guess the same could be said now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad