NHL 2022 -out of town- NHL Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The virtue ads on the board are making this game very hard to watch
It's ridiculous that not only are the ads switching during the course of play, but some of them have an animation while switching. NHL needs to do something about switching the entire dasherboard ad during play. Hard enough to follow hockey on TV as is.

People saying this is like soccer ads aren't factoring in a couple things. 1) Soccer ads look a lot smaller in scale since soccer pitches are large compared to hockey rinks. Dasherboards figure much more prominently in terms of pct of space showing up on the TV screen, and 2) Many times in soccer matches the camera zooms in on the pitch where you cannot even see the ad boards. NHL games the dasherboards are pretty well visible the whole telecast.

Bottom line, cut out this animation and switching of ads during gameplay crap.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Torts has been flat out insulting his own players publically since before he arrived in Philly. It's a unique strategy, that's for sure, and if nothing else it's going to be fascinating seeing how it all plays out.
wonder who the first to demand a trade outta dodge will be?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have looked at all 3 feeds - NHL N, San Jose and Nashville and all are running different ads

310817345_4353189544805549_89027400012990338_n.png

Bruins fans are going to 'love' the Sullivan Tire animation

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Torts has been flat out insulting his own players publically since before he arrived in Philly. It's a unique strategy, that's for sure, and if nothing else it's going to be fascinating seeing how it all plays out.
I wonder how this will go with the fans. They are known for being brutal to their team, maybe they will identify with Torts or maybe they will be upset, they can say those things and boo their players but a new coach cannot. It will be fun to watch. I wouldn't be surprised to see them jump the glass to get at him...lol

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
wonder who the first to demand a trade outta dodge will be?

Kevin Hayes is a pretty no nonsense sort of guy who's been through more than enough lately. I can see him wanting out if things get too ridiculous. Whether anybody will be willing to take on his quite sizeable contract is another matter.

Reactions: TCB

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I can't believe how some on the main forums are literally tripping over themselves defending adults being attracted to kids in high school. Utterly sickening.

• Wow
Reactions: Troublesome 85

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Tampa will waive him to buy him out then Montreal will claim him and dress him on the same defense pair as Logan Mailloux

• Wow
Reactions: dabid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad