NHL 2022 -out of town- NHL Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If Fiala gets that retrun, then Pasta gets 2022 & 2023 unprotected first, roster player and good young prospect ie NJ for Graves, Mercer or Holtz and the 2 1st. Although my first choice is just re-sign Pasta long term.

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
LA has been on the rise and just got better offensively. Fiala is a heck of a player. But, dang, that contract is a bit of a gamble by the Kings. Hope it works out for them. Kings are building a fun team to watch.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Nice lineup they have going. Wonder if the bruins can steal one of their prospects for Ullmark since it looks like the Kings biggest future hole is going to be goalie once Quick retires.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
leaving whom to back up Sway? No thanks, while I think he`s the future, not so confident he`s ready to carry the load of the #1 right this minute

I agree. I don't want the Bruins to grind him down, let him work his way into playing 60 games a year.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I agree. I don't want the Bruins to grind him down, let him work his way into playing 60 games a year.
exactly and while I like the limited viewings I have had of Fiala, that contract scares me when it comes to re-signing Pasta

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
LA has been on the rise and just got better offensively. Fiala is a heck of a player. But, dang, that contract is a bit of a gamble by the Kings. Hope it works out for them. Kings are building a fun team to watch.
That is a gamble but I agree they are building a good team. Their prospect pool is so good. Moving their 4th best prospect in the system (4th by a significant margin to boot) and a 1st is no problem. Contract is steep though.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That is a gamble but I agree they are building a good team. Their prospect pool is so good. Moving their 4th best prospect in the system (4th by a significant margin to boot) and a 1st is no problem. Contract is steep though.
And the 1st is not a high 1st either. For a team that needed some offensive punch this was a good trade. If not for a couple key injuries the Kings would have done better in the playoffs this season. If they can stay healthy next season they could be really good.

I tried to watch as many Kings games as I could this year since I enjoy watching Arvidsson play (Preds are my side team based on geography). Ended up watching a lot of 1st periods then having to go to sleep. Now that another ex-Pred is on the Kings maybe I can make it through 2 pds this coming season.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
And the 1st is not a high 1st either. For a team that needed some offensive punch this was a good trade. If not for a couple key injuries the Kings would have done better in the playoffs this season. If they can stay healthy next season they could be really good.

I tried to watch as many Kings games as I could this year since I enjoy watching Arvidsson play (Preds are my side team based on geography). Ended up watching a lot of 1st periods then having to go to sleep. Now that another ex-Pred is on the Kings maybe I can make it through 2 pds this coming season.
Exactly. Two teams I'm watching to do interesting things are Rangers and Kings.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They can go into free agency and find their new version of halak to play 30+ games. Halal’s first two years he played 40 and 31 games. That’s not going to grind down swayman. Also you can pry away an every day player instead of a goalie who plays half the season and lost his job as the starter in the playoffs.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Yeah the Fiala deal is a confirmation that the Kings feel their building through youth/draft stage is done and it's time to now top off the roster with more experienced talent and make a proper Cup push. Which only makes sense after their playoff qualy last season.

Must say I haven't seen a ton of LA games the last couple of years, but they're starting to move more onto my radar and definitely look to be a team to watch going forwards. Blake seems to have done a really good job developing his roster and it now remains to be seen whether they can cash in with it. Agree than Fiala's contract carries risk, but I like bold, committed moves like this. Their time is coming, so this is when you go all out to make the team as good as it possibly can be. Fiala is entering his prime and is exactly what they need and should be going for. Good move.

Reactions: missingchicklet

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
exactly and while I like the limited viewings I have had of Fiala, that contract scares me when it comes to re-signing Pasta

Exactly. If the Fiala contract is the floor, the sky's the limit for Pasta. But, pay the man anyway.

They can go into free agency and find their new version of halak to play 30+ games. Halal’s first two years he played 40 and 31 games. That’s not going to grind down swayman. Also you can pry away an every day player instead of a goalie who plays half the season and lost his job as the starter in the playoffs.

Seriously is there any UFA goaltender out there as capable as Halak was?? And who would take on Ullmark's deal? He's got the NTC correct?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Exactly. If the Fiala contract is the floor, the sky's the limit for Pasta. But, pay the man anyway.

Seriously is there any UFA goaltender out there as capable as Halak was?? And who would take on Ullmark's deal? He's got the NTC correct?
Well the LA kings have the top ranked prospect pool in all of the NHL. They also will be needing to address their goalie situation soon with Quick on his last legs.

I’d look at wedgewood from DAL as backup. Or you could go cheaper with Holtby who had a good year last year.

Yes Ullmark has a NTC but I imagine he would waive it if the Bruins decide to go with Swayman as the #1 and Ullmark gets a chance to be the #1 elsewhere.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The story of how Claude broke his ribs is crazy. He hit a tree while sledding. It starts at 57 minutes in.

Listen starting at 1 hr and 50 minutes in as Claude talks about how he talked to Marc Savard about scoring less points in order to reach his goal of the playoffs and Savvy did it and helped turn the franchise around. Phenomenal stuff.

Glad he's ok!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad