Speculation: 2022 Off-Season | Dethroned: What next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Was reading that dude had an incredible first half, but didn't do shit in the second.

True?
Yeah he was gang buster in the beginning of the season, and then he just disappeared. He doesn't really play a good defensive game, kind of like Phil Kessel. But he is young enough, and possibly cheap enough where we could force him to play some D. He is an extreme playmaker, so where he would fit would be a little messy. Not going on the first line, might be able to be the creative aspect to get Killorn and Cirelli to start scoring.

Well, he's a goalie.

I swear I didn't even look it up. But I don't care, he's moving to wing. Also how's Donato been?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Yeah he was gang buster in the beginning of the season, and then he just disappeared. He doesn't really play a good defensive game, kind of like Phil Kessel. But he is young enough, and possibly cheap enough where we could force him to play some D. He is an extreme playmaker, so where he would fit would be a little messy. Not going on the first line, might be able to be the creative aspect to get Killorn and Cirelli to start scoring.

I swear I didn't even look it up. But I don't care, he's moving to wing. Also how's Donato been?
74 games, 16g, 15a, 31pts

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
74 games, 16g, 15a, 31pts
His advanced stats don't look too terrible considering he was playing on Seattle with Hakstol's shit system. But he's was playing more offensive zone starts by a good margin. I don't see him getting that same opportunity here. Unless some how someone thinks he can fit in on the top line? I don't see it, but I don't know shit honestly.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
He says:

Cirelli 4x5.24
Serge 5x6.58
Cernak 6x4.98

Says they will be tight for now but these contracts should look good in a couple years when the cap is expected to go up by a decent amount.
If he's in the ballpark on these, that's a total raise of of about $4.5 million from their current contracts. Which basically replaces the cost of Killorn's contract next year. Then we have $2 million coming off with Perry and PEB next year, which could be used for part of a Killorn extension, depending how well he plays and if they even want to bring him back. I'm sure both parties would love for him to play his entire career here.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Did not think Seattle would not qualify Fleury. Of all the guys we could possibly sign this off-season I put him at the top of the list of most likely to get a phone call. Should be extremely cheap and checks all the boxes that management likes

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
So someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we'll have about $6.8 million in cap space after Seabrook goes on LTIR, correct?

And we'll use that to (likely) replace Palat and bring in LHD to replace Mac. Ideally $2mil on a dman and $4-5mil on a forward.

Calvin de Haan jumps out to me as an ideal replacement on defense. But the UFA market is so thin on quality dmen, so I could see a team giving him $3mil+, hopefully not though. Options after him aren't pretty unless I'm overlooking someone.

As weak as the dman market is, the winger market is the complete opposite. There are solid cheaper options that have been mentioned in this thread, like Dylan Strome, Kubalik, Milano, etc.. But can't see JBB going that route unless there is a vet out there not willing to take a smaller deal to come here.

My top option is Nino Niederreiter. But he is around the same age as Palat and looking at his last big payday. Made $5.2 million last year and had a pretty good year, so could be out of our range.

Other guys are Mason Marchment and Ilya Mikheyev. Both are coming off really good years, but they're both 26/27 and that was the first good year of their careers. One year wonders or coming into their own? That could shy away a lot of teams from throwing big money at them. If JBB likes one of them he could try to throw big years at them to knock off some salary like he did with Paul. Think I saw Mikheyev was looking between $4.5 and $5.5 million.

Then after them you have the 'vets' like Perron, Stastny, Giroux, Kessel, and Malkin (pipedream).

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
So someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we'll have about $6.8 million in cap space after Seabrook goes on LTIR, correct?

And we'll use that to (likely) replace Palat and bring in LHD to replace Mac. Ideally $2mil on a dman and $4-5mil on a forward.

Calvin de Haan jumps out to me as an ideal replacement on defense. But the UFA market is so thin on quality dmen, so I could see a team giving him $3mil+, hopefully not though. Options after him aren't pretty unless I'm overlooking someone.

As weak as the dman market is, the winger market is the complete opposite. There are solid cheaper options that have been mentioned in this thread, like Dylan Strome, Kubalik, Milano, etc.. But can't see JBB going that route unless there is a vet out there not willing to take a smaller deal to come here.

My top option is Nino Niederreiter. But he is around the same age as Palat and looking at his last big payday. Made $5.2 million last year and had a pretty good year, so could be out of our range.

Other guys are Mason Marchment and Ilya Mikheyev. Both are coming off really good years, but they're both 26/27 and that was the first good year of their careers. One year wonders or coming into their own? That could shy away a lot of teams from throwing big money at them. If JBB likes one of them he could try to throw big years at them to knock off some salary like he did with Paul. Think I saw Mikheyev was looking between $4.5 and $5.5 million.

Then after them you have the 'vets' like Perron, Stastny, Giroux, Kessel, and Malkin (pipedream).

He'd fit but like you said, a little to expensive for what we need.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
What do you all think about stashing Elliott in the minors and signing Samsonov to backup Vasy?
I think he'll get a decent contract from a rebuilding team like New Jersey or Buffalo to see if they can fix him.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Lots of options on the market to replace palat if I were I’m I’d take the deal the Lightning offered me

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Sounds like Rakell will re-sign with Pittsburgh at 5x5.

Nice player, but don't like that setting the market for the rest of the top UFA wingers

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
You would think Palat would only leave to go to a team with a chance to win a cup. If Carolina doesn’t sign Niederreiter, Palat would fit well there. Hard forechecking team that is close to winning. Management would probably like him for his style and effort

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

Tampa has around 5.94 million available as of right now, assuming they are actually keeping Myers for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad