GDT: 2022 NLDS (2) Atlanta Braves vs (6) Philadelphia Phillies

ATL vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I was never a fan of the Olson deal

Giving up those prospects to then give him a contract just 5 million less than what Freeman signed for just seemed like such an avoidable misstep by AA

Well, I was just looking at their stats for the season, and while Olson was decent offensively, Freeman lead the NL in hits, runs, doubles, and OBP

I think it's fairly safe to assume that barring a Pujols-esque decline from here on out, it's likely Freeman is a future Hall of Famer

It's nasty stain on AA's resume in Atlanta that Freeman won't be a career Brave

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Just like their series in 1993, the Phillies didn't even need to go to the full length of the series to pull off the upset. Nuts!

I predict the bye will be gone within 5 years if the Yankees and Dodgers get eliminated too. It would not shock me at all if they just go to an 8 teams in both leagues playoff format.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Part one of the party in south Philadlphia is complete, if the Eagles dont beat the Cowboys im going to be so pissed though :laugh:.

Seranthony is back pre IL stint, dominant. Struck out 2,3,4 of the Braves.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
There’s no way the Mets wpidl have botched this this badly. I expect another format change soon because I watching Atlanta the Yankees Dodgers and even Houston who so hold probably be down 2-0 this bye isn’t good

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Nice to see the braves record in day games to continue from the regular season. They were way under 500 and usually if they won day games it was against lefty starters. I also absolutely loved watching the braves hit for average and not only go deep with solo shots :rolleyes:

Thank god ill never see a game with the shift again.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I was never a fan of the Olson deal

Giving up those prospects to then give him a contract just 5 million less than what Freeman signed for just seemed like such an avoidable misstep by AA

Well, I was just looking at their stats for the season, and while Olson was decent offensively, Freeman lead the NL in hits, runs, doubles, and OBP

I think it's fairly safe to assume that barring a Pujols-esque decline from here on out, it's likely Freeman is a future Hall of Famer

It's nasty stain on AA's resume in Atlanta that Freeman won't be a career Brave
Eh freemans numbers will be hard to make it in my opinion. Probably short of 3000 hits, low 400 hrs.

I think the braves are better with freeman because of his average but despite this series loss olson was one of the best hitters in the series with acuna and darnaud. Riley, swanson, harris provided nothing but easy outs.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
As far as the Braves are concerned, they are going to be a pain the ass for years to come. They are loaded with talent. Quite jealous to be honest. Strider despite getting rocked yesterday is basically a shorter deGrom mostly all fastballs and sliders, deGrom throws a few other pitches more. Strider is going to have to work on a third pitch eventually but for now he is great. Ideally Andrew Painter can have an effect on the Phillies next year. But Harris/Acuna/Strider/Wright/Fried/Olson/Grissom/Riley are going to be a handful.

Nice to see the braves record in day games to continue from the regular season. They were way under 500 and usually if they won day games it was against lefty starters. I also absolutely loved watching the braves hit for average and not only go deep with solo shots :rolleyes:

Thank god ill never see a game with the shift again.
The Phillies in day games were nearly as bad.

Reactions: yada

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Eh freemans numbers will be hard to make it in my opinion. Probably short of 3000 hits, low 400 hrs.

I think the braves are better with freeman because of his average but despite this series loss olson was one of the best hitters in the series with acuna and darnaud. Riley, swanson, harris provided nothing but easy outs.

Guerrero, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Edgar Martinez, Larkin, Alomar, Pudge Rodriguez, Piazza, Dawson, Raines, Walker are all recent inductees who reached neither 3000 hits or 500 HR

With so much emphasis nowadays on drawing walks, I don't think voters put as much value on 3000 hits like they once did, or 500 HR for that matter

Reactions: SoupNazi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just like their series in 1993, the Phillies didn't even need to go to the full length of the series to pull off the upset. Nuts!

I predict the bye will be gone within 5 years if the Yankees and Dodgers get eliminated too. It would not shock me at all if they just go to an 8 teams in both leagues playoff format.
That’s what they should do. I don’t think the bye makes sense in baseball.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons

That ship sailed for many reasons. Whether Freeman or Olson was there, they'd have been in the playoffs again. Olson wasn't the reason they lost. Maybe they used up too much catching the Mets, or maybe it's just hard to repeat. But the Phillies played their butts off and are hot. Kudos to them.

Braves will be around for a while, they and Houston had the most production from their youngest players this year. And their GM seems to know what he's doing.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
That ship sailed for many reasons. Whether Freeman or Olson was there, they'd have been in the playoffs again. Olson wasn't the reason they lost. Maybe they used up too much catching the Mets, or maybe it's just hard to repeat. But the Phillies played their butts off and are hot. Kudos to them.

Braves will be around for a while, they and Houston had the most production from their youngest players this year. And their GM seems to know what he's doing.

I dont think they used up too much catching the mets, braves really played the same all season long. Strike out or homer, they hit homers off scherzer and degrom so they beat the mets. They struggled to score runs against the fish at the end too.

I will say the hitting by the phillies was impressive, multiple innings stringing hits together. The two plays i absolutely hate and disagree with snitker about was walking schwarber, i dont care that he hit 46 homers his average was lower then 250. Should have tried strider pitching to him.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

Yep....In fact, Olsen was probably our best hitter in the series. The rest of the team just went ice cold. Dansby, Rielly, Harris all couldn't hit a beach ball, and the Phillies scored like 200 runs off our pitching. Even our defense went terrible.

High level...after a few months of being red hot, they just hit their cold streak at a terrible time. That week off certainly did not help

Reactions: southsideIrish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad