HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Reactions: MON4NHLTOR4MLB

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
He was on 690 last week. McKenzie said he doesn't scout the players. Said he has 10 months of the year off and works two month. This month and free agency. Uses a consensus of 10 scouts. He said he had no idea who should go first.
Lol man I'm sure the show is still available if you want to watch it. The list came out last Tuesday, there was a whole special. And Bob said based on the scouts he polled, both Slaf and Wright project to be 2nd liners.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Looking more like Wright is the guy.
Makes too much sense. It will be great to have two top 6 centres to build around. Not so long ago we had Gomez as our top centre. Then Desharnais. Then Domi. Just sad sad times.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
  • Haha
Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Makes too much sense. It will be great to have two top 6 centres to build around. Not so long ago we had Gomez as our top centre. Then Desharnais. Then Domi. Just sad sad times.
Then Drouin...
Then Danault....

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It really does just come down to whether you think Wright regressed over the missed season or not. To me, it’s far more logical he just had a slow bounce back after the missed time. If you think that’s the case, he’s the clear best player in the draft.
How I see it is he missed a year and is still the best overall player this draft. That's tough to pass on in my eyes but we'll see in a couple days.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
"If he is drafted by the Canadians, I will be surprised," Renaud Lavoie told La Dose . This guy did not live up to expectations.

“If the Canadiens draft Shane Wright, I'll be happy for the kid , but I'll be very surprised. I think I would fall out of my chair."

Forwards Juraj Slafkovsky and Logan Cooley are the other two players still in the hunt for the No. 1 pick.

And according to Renaud Lavoie, there is something important to consider in the case of Slafkovsky.

"He can play in Laval [with the Rocket] next year and the other two can't," he said. That, for me, is a marked advantage.”

-----------------------

I don't see how Laval is a better advantage than say the NCAA.
Laval he's still gonna have Habs fans there every night.
NCAA, Cooley can just play and develop for an entire year.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
-----------------------

They have control over the team.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I mean, look, I love Cooley and I keep flip flopping between him and Wright but lately I keep going back to his weakness which is his shot and one you don't often see vastly improved post draft. For that reason I'm leaning Wright, I'm not going to put all the weight behind my desicion making based on this year and to be fair his PPG was num 1 pick PPg post game 20 or so.

I hope they pick Wright at this point, the size, the IQ, the shot are there and thr hard work can be worked on. Lavoie is a moron

Reactions: Redux91

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
"If he is drafted by the Canadians, I will be surprised," Renaud Lavoie told La Dose . This guy did not live up to expectations.

“If the Canadiens draft Shane Wright, I'll be happy for the kid , but I'll be very surprised. I think I would fall out of my chair."

Forwards Juraj Slafkovsky and Logan Cooley are the other two players still in the hunt for the No. 1 pick.

And according to Renaud Lavoie, there is something important to consider in the case of Slafkovsky.

"He can play in Laval [with the Rocket] next year and the other two can't," he said. That, for me, is a marked advantage.”

-----------------------

Wonder if that is Lavoie spitballing since team supposedly still deciding or if he actually knows anything yet.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Wonder if that is Lavoie spitballing since team supposedly still deciding or if he actually knows anything yet.

On French side, most people have been laughing at Renaud (and TVA Sport) this year as he seems to be struggling for relevance. He got a shellacking as a pseudo-reporter doing Bet99 ads and people seem to consider he no longer has any sources since Bergevin left.

What he said is true (Wright has the less interesting options for next year) but I wouldn’t consider it as real insider info. He may be right but it might just be luck.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Lol man I'm sure the show is still available if you want to watch it. The list came out last Tuesday, there was a whole special. And Bob said based on the scouts he polled, both Slaf and Wright project to be 2nd liners.

He also said Nemec's ceiling is 1st pairing D, which makes no sense. How can two future ceiling second liners be ranked higher than a future ceiling first pairing D?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He also said Nemec's ceiling is 1st pairing D, which makes no sense. How can two future ceiling second liners be ranked higher than a future ceiling first pairing D?

Higher floors, which is a lame way to select a 1st overall pick.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's not like Logan Cooley isn't going to get prime 1st line minutes and top powerplay time.

It gets him out of the spotlight, if anything it might temper expectations and allow him to grow under less scrutiny and fan pressure.

It's still out of their control. Control is power and when your ass is on the line, you want it. And their asses are on the line with this pick, even if I personally think it's unfair and won't hold it too much against them, given the impossible mess this all is.

The coach could be bad, the off-rink environment of the team could degenerate, whatever. Who knows what could happen. And nothing they would be able to do to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad