2022 NHL Entry Draft part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
2 weeks today!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Time for a fresh thread.

Hopefully, with fresh thoughts to go along with it.

Discuss.
Not really expecting many fresh thoughts until maybe after Bob McKenzie drops his final rankings next Tuesday, the 28th. If he doesn't have Wright @ #1 things will likely get even more crazier in these draft threads.

And here I thought having the 1st overall pick would be a fun and happy time for this board. :sarcasm:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Starting to feel pretty good about the draft, actually. Even in our mock draft, full of risky value pickers, there are still interesting prospects available in the 3rd. Undoubtedly, in the real thing there will be many more ''NHL picks'' made that will push guys further down.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'm planning to do it - any fav spots in Slovakia?

(In Zagreb right now - loving the Croate, wish they had good hockey 7 feet hockey players lol)

In Budapest tomorrow for a week, then Vienna, then Munich

I just dipped into Bratislava for the day and visited Devin castle. Nice little day trip.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
We focus a lot on past failures for picks at certain numbers *cough cough* the dreaded 3 hole, so figured I'd try and give us some good mojo heading into the draft with the best picks at our current slots - bar is set surprisingly high (N/As either never picked or busted hard)

1. Lafleur
26. Claude Lemieux
33. LeClair
62. N/A
66. Ryan White
75. Beauchemin
92. N/A
98. N/A
127. Petrov
130. N/A
162. Markov
194. N/A
216. Ryder

Just need to nail this all in a single year :sarcasm:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
We focus a lot on past failures for picks at certain numbers *cough cough* the dreaded 3 hole, so figured I'd try and give us some good mojo heading into the draft with the best picks at our current slots - bar is set surprisingly high (N/As either never picked or busted hard)

1. Lafleur
26. Claude Lemieux
33. LeClair
62. N/A
66. Ryan White
75. Beauchemin
92. N/A
98. N/A
127. Petrov
130. N/A
162. Markov
194. N/A
216. Ryder

Just need to nail this all in a single year :sarcasm:

EASY - let's do it.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I guess for Shane Wright's stickhandling they really value his underhandling, whereas most fans value overhandling.

Makes sense - I just value the capacity to do it and bring it out when the situations call for it (like Kucherov). Overhandling like Drouin and deking yourself into a corner every play has no value at all.

I believe Cooley has the capacity to scale it down as that's the style he played early in the season.
I also believe Wright is smart enough to learn how and when to use it, he did it more in his first OHL season.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Makes sense - I just value the capacity to do it and bring it out when the situations call for it (like Kucherov). Overhandling like Drouin and deking yourself into a corner every play has no value at all.

I believe Cooley has the capacity to scale it down as that's the style he played early in the season.
I also believe Wright is smart enough to learn how and when to use it, he did it more in his first OHL season.

Yeah I agree with both takes.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON

Same guy who did Wright v slaf. Cooley actually does better than Slaf does. Although there is some skepticism as to how Wright's stick handling grades higher than Cooley's

It's interesting to see Wright below both Slaf and Cooley for defensive play, I find that to be one of his strengths.

The article seems to point to the Kingston defensive system as a whole for this low score though. I wonder if this model is showing more of a team stat rather than individual stat for defensive play?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's interesting to see Wright below both Slaf and Cooley for defensive play, I find that to be one of his strengths.

The article seems to point to the Kingston defensive system as a whole for this low score though. I wonder if this model is showing more of a team stat rather than individual stat for defensive play?

You'd have to read the methodology but I would suspect the systemic issues are the reason.. I can buy Cooley having better defensive impacts, I can't buy Slaf.

Reactions: SOLR

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I'm planning to do it - any fav spots in Slovakia?

(In Zagreb right now - loving the Croate, wish they had good hockey 7 feet hockey players lol)

In Budapest tomorrow for a week, then Vienna, then Munich
Did some diving off the island of Vis and another trip to play rugby in Makarska. Absolutely gorgeous Croatia is definitely underrated!

Reactions: jaffy27 and Mrb1p

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Just watched Lekkerimaki highlights, what a shot! I’d say he has a quicker release than Caufield. Would be nice to see the habs move up and grab one of these high ceiling kids.

Reactions: Saxon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad