NHL Entry Draft 2022 NHL Draft Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Tell me how Burke got the Sedins at 2 and 3?
Wasn’t as a favour as you’d like lol, it was expensive. Boat load of picks and players.

So how did Burke pull off the trade to draft both Sedins? The main piece of the puzzle was trading McCabe, the strong defenseman acquired in the Linden trade, to the Chicago Blackhawks. McCabe and a future first rounder landed Vancouver the Blackhawks first round pick, which was number four in the draft. Now Burke had two top five choices, but he needed to make sure that neither Tampa Bay nor Atlanta would snatch one of the Sedins at number one or two. Burke traded two later round selections and the number four pick to Tampa Bay to move into their number one slot, and then sent a pick to Atlanta to allow the Thrashers to move to number one with an assurance they would not pick a Sedin. That left Vancouver with the number two and three choices, which landed them Daniel and Henrik, respectively.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Wasn’t as a favour as you’d like lol, it was expensive. Boat load of picks and players.

So how did Burke pull off the trade to draft both Sedins? The main piece of the puzzle was trading McCabe, the strong defenseman acquired in the Linden trade, to the Chicago Blackhawks. McCabe and a future first rounder landed Vancouver the Blackhawks first round pick, which was number four in the draft. Now Burke had two top five choices, but he needed to make sure that neither Tampa Bay nor Atlanta would snatch one of the Sedins at number one or two. Burke traded two later round selections and the number four pick to Tampa Bay to move into their number one slot, and then sent a pick to Atlanta to allow the Thrashers to move to number one with an assurance they would not pick a Sedin. That left Vancouver with the number two and three choices, which landed them Daniel and Henrik, respectively.
I was referring specifically that Burke had 1 and 3 and traded the 1st for the second, on the sole condition that Atlanta does not take either Sedin.

I wanted Sillinger, right after the lotto was drawn, I had my sights on him. I was upset for the pick.

All I am saying is that it is possible, that if the Sens had Boucher and Sillinger at the same level in their books, and Jarmo asked Dorion who he is picking, it is possible that Jarmo asked if they could have Cole. It was a good PR move for them. Dorions history with Jarmo would make it more likely that he would say sure, rather than trying to pry a pick out of him.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Nothing blew up in anyones face. Holy crap some of you are kind of nuts. Apologies but you need to cool it. Teenagers take time to develop.
Mann knows this and isn’t worried btw.
I saw him play live and he was really good. An obvious standout.
Boucher averaged under half a point a game between college and Juniors. These numbers do not scream "an obvious standout". I also saw him play live and I was underwhelmed.

Reactions: Alex1234

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Boucher averaged under half a point a game between college and Juniors. These numbers do not scream "an obvious standout". I also saw him play live and I was underwhelmed.
It doesn’t matter if you were underwhelmed. It doesn’t really matter that I was really impressed.
The point is he is a young prospect with lots of tools and needs time to put it together.
So…..now that he’s a part of the organization let’s all give him that time he needs.
Talk next year.

Emerica

May 29, 2010

Do we know when Sportsnet loses the rights to Draft coverage? They are terrible, TSN’s cast and production has always been miles ahead. I used to watch the NBC feed mostly for Bob McKenzie so I guess i’ll watch on ESPN this year. Not sure who they’ll have on the panel?

Reactions: aragorn

burf

Mar 27, 2012
It doesn’t matter if you were underwhelmed. It doesn’t really matter that I was really impressed.
The point is he is a young prospect with lots of tools and needs time to put it together.
So…..now that he’s a part of the organization let’s all give him that time he needs.
Talk next year.

I'm not rooting for Boucher to fail. I hope he succeeds.

At the same time, it's fine to criticize the team for doing something stupid. And going off the board instead of taking the consensus pick was stupid, both at the time and with the benefit of a year's worth of hindsight. The point is that I'm hoping they don't do it again.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Do we know when Sportsnet loses the rights to Draft coverage? They are terrible, TSN’s cast and production has always been miles ahead. I used to watch the NBC feed mostly for Bob McKenzie so I guess i’ll watch on ESPN this year. Not sure who they’ll have on the panel?

Good gig for McGuire. Like to see him bounce back. I was happy when the Sens hired him . Too bad Dorion couldn't get past himself.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I cant imagine have an ego so fragile your first move after your boss dies is to fire the guy brought in to help you.

There was the whole "going behind Dorion's back to get hired" story which may have rubbed him the wrong way.

But even beyond that, I don't really know enough about his contributions to the team to say whether he was a good addition to the staff.

Maybe he sucked? I don't know.

I like his enthusiasm as a media guy so I'm pleased to see him on the radio and TV again. Bland takes can get tiresome.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
There was the whole "going behind Dorion's back to get hired" story which may have rubbed him the wrong way.

But even beyond that, I don't really know enough about his contributions to the team to say whether he was a good addition to the staff.

Maybe he sucked? I don't know.

I like his enthusiasm as a media guy so I'm pleased to see him on the radio and TV again. Bland takes can get tiresome.

still it was all ego. A franchise that desperately needs front office help, paying someone to stay at home because Dorion was insecure.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
So many nice options at 7.

Gauthier and Kemell would look amazing as future Stutzle linemates.

Nazar would be pretty amazing on an all American line with Tkachuk and Norris.

If Jiricek or Nemec slip you run up to the podium.

I hope my wife likes watching the Sens get the last piece of their dynasty as a plan for our 10 year wedding anniversary.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Mrs_NyQuil has already booked the draft in our social calendar.

In addition to the usual analysis, I'll get to find out which prospects are the most physically attractive.

Mrs_NyQuil is a much bigger sports fan than my wife lol.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Sam Cosentino has us passing on Jiricek for Kemmel, which would be quite the decision. I just don't see how we can pass on a high-end RHD like that. I like both prospects but positional need should break tie for 2 maybe equal prospects here.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sam Cosentino has us passing on Jiricek for Kemmel, which would be quite the decision. I just don't see how we can pass on a high-end RHD like that. I like both prospects but positional need should break tie for 2 maybe equal prospects here.

I agree .. I would go with Jiricek there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad