GDT: 2022 NHL Draft Round 1 - Leafs Currently Pick 38th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Colorado had some major down years which allowed them to pick up their second wave of Rantanen and Makar and cash out on some of the old core pieces like Duchene, Barrie and O’Reilly, and get some major finishing pieces through trade.

The equivalent would be sort of like if this Leaf era goes off the rails and we get some lottery picks over the next couple of years and then go on to win with a Matthews, Bedard, Marner core or something like that.
I think they had better playing chips to also transitions from ours...the players you mentioned brought solid hauls. We had to let go and barter players like Gardiner and such. I am not sure if we had the strongest roster players to deal with. I feel like Post Rielly Draft was when we kind of got solid moves going. In recent times the one that comes to mind is the Kessel trade which we flipped for Kapanen and then Winnick who we kept signing and trading? lolll

One of the reasons why I would have preferred seeing someone like Holl moved out. $2 million cap savings, get marginal draft currency back.
I wanna see holl for other reasons than just cap but that maybe just me....Don't tell @zeke (i respect your opinion just giving you a hard time :P )

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
It sucks the Leafs didn't get to make a pick, but I'm also relieved the Habs will be regretting theirs in a couple of years.

LeafsStorm

Oct 22, 2011
Looking forward to reading about the available players. Some of you put a lot of work into the drafts. Personally I enjoy draft/free agency.. even if there's been some particular painful moments

Reactions: aingefan

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Ohgren was ranked top 20 by basically every service with SN having him 23rd

It's weird that he would be the "guy" we were targeting considering that

Reactions: TMLAM34

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Yup I typed it on the message board prior to the draft, so I guess I let the cat out of the bang and have noone but myself to blame. :)
you might have missed it,,, but I called you out at the time! I'm, guessing you're the reason office romances become the topic of gossip!! LOL!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
you might have missed it,,, but I called you out at the time! I'm, guessing you're the reason office romances become the topic of gossip!! LOL!
I saw your post, as you asked me if I can keep a secret.

I didn't want to draw anymore attention to my secret covetted player so I never responded at the time. :)

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
If we end up with either Trikizov, Firkus or Chesley I’d be extremely happy. Would have been completely fine with any of them at #25 anyways. Other guys I’m okay with are Goyette, Del Bel Belluz, Beck, Leneau or Warren. Basically all in that order as well.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I've read the Leafs got a late 2nd. round pick in the Mrazek dump.

Math isn't a strong point for some.

Is a 6th. overall pick a late first?

Is a 6th. in the second round late second round pick?

It would have been nice if Mrazek had been healthy, to at least see what he normally plays like.

Be interested to see if he can stay healthy this year or if he'll be LTIR'd.

As for who I want them to pick, hopefully someone with a brain and wheels, to at a minimum be able to annoy the opposition, ideally someone with size, wheels, hands and a brain. Don't care from where, but it would be nice if they had an early ETA, and put the NHL above minor hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce