OT: 2022 MLB Thread

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'm a little puzzled by the Padres getting involved with Turner and Judge. Maybe the owner has deeper pockets than I realized, but positionally just a bit odd.

Also had to laugh about the MLB adding a draft lottery. Seemed like a solution to a problem which didn't exist. Although I'm still personally scarred from the 2004 Draft.

wintermeetings14.jpg

Winter meetings are in San Diego, but I haven't been motivated to drop by. Last time I got to be nerdy and be in the background for Baseball Tonight.

Camille the Eel

40 million a year. Mama, if your son wants to grow up to play baseball or hockey, have him play baseball.

And he can also be more out of shape and make the big bucks. Some excess fat around the middle and lack of foot speed not a big problem as long as he can hit the baseball a mile. Or bust a fastball by a hitter. He can always trot around the bases or back and forth from the mound.

Reactions: Bleedred

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Definitely not the way I'd spend 280 million, but it seems like Padre ownership gave A.J. Preller the green light to splurge. Hopefully Bogaerts ages better than Eric Hosmer. Starting rotation still seems like it's missing a piece.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Geez it was just a few hours ago the Giants canceled their presser and everyone was speculating on a health issue

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
all i keep hearing is how interest in baseball is down year after year kids aren't playing fans are bored and not watching. yet somehow these owners spend all this money its really remarkable. i'm sure they will try and get a cap but not sure how the players will ever let that happen.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
all i keep hearing is how interest in baseball is down year after year kids aren't playing fans are bored and not watching. yet somehow these owners spend all this money its really remarkable. i'm sure they will try and get a cap but not sure how the players will ever let that happen.
My youngest probably watches a handful of MLB games a year but he still has three or four real hats and a jersey. They probably sell a ton more merchandise than other sports. Plus baseball is still big in certain places outside the US even if it isn’t big in Europe.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Teams make money hand over fist with local TV deals. Nationally the games may not do as well as MLB would like, but teams pull in plenty locally/regionally and teams having their own sports networks help finance that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad