2022 Hlinka Gretzky Cup

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
dominant Performance by Canada. Not for one minutes did I think that Canada was on the back foot.
‘05 age group is a good as advertised, unsurprisingly amd a lot of these guys should be staples in red and white for years to come.

Well, mission accomplished, job well done boys.

Now onto the WJC, that will be a lot tougher to win.

Lot's of very good future pros on this team.

That's true.

This team is terrific and will only get better - with Bedard. The 2005's will serve this country well for for the next 15 years.

Time to move on to the World Juniors.
The three of us basically said the same thing at the exact same time. :)

If Canada gets goaltending in the coming years watch out.
We are certainly due.

Reactions: Mainiac and jj cale

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I was born and grew up in Canada that’s why I am such a big hockey fan. It’s been ~15 years but I can still sign the anthem better than these player :laugh::laugh:
You’ve become one of my favourite Posters on the Main Board with your hilarious, yet spot on comments.

I didn’t judge you regarding your username, but figured there was a back story

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I was born and grew up in Canada that’s why I am such a big hockey fan. It’s been ~15 years but I can still sign the anthem better than these player :laugh::laugh:
Good stuff, I was actually wondering how you became such a big fan and know the game so well. Not that someone Growing up in germany couldn't know the game well but you know what I mean, it's far less likely.

Are your parents german and just lived there for awhile?

I was in germany in 2006, loved it, spent most of my time in a small town called Kaufbeuren, not far from fusen (which is quite the little hotspot for hockey in germany), Bavaria was wonderful, 2 weeks was far too short.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Hopefully World Juniors will be more competitive. The Swedes could hardly keep up when Wood, Yager, Allen, and Gauthier were on the ice. Even the Saskatchewan, Lynn was pretty good at centre.

I used to watch U17s and U18. Overall, might re-watch the games when we get closer to the draft.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Good stuff, I was actually wondering how you became such a big fan and know the game so well. Not that someone Growing up in germany couldn't know the game well but you know what I mean, it's far less likely.

Are your parents german and just lived there for awhile?

I was in germany in 2006, loved it, spent most of my time in a small town called Kaufbeuren, not far from fusen (which is quite the little hotspot for hockey in germany), Bavaria was wonderful, 2 weeks was far
Born In Alberta, Grew up in Ontario where I and played hockey until I was 18. I blew out my knee at 17 and haven’t played hockey since - however I still have the love for the game so I follow prospects as a hobby away from work. After graduating high school in Canada, I moved to in Germany where I went to school, got a job and now live happily.

You’ve become one of my favourite Posters on the Main Board with your hilarious, yet spot on comments.

I didn’t judge you regarding your username, but figured there was a back story
Appreciate it, name is pretty simple really.
German speaks for itself and the “Spitfire“ part is two fold, 1 I am a Windsor Spitfires fan, that’s where I lived before I moved to Germany - and #2 - it’s irony really as in WW2 the British flew the Spitfire, not the Germans. Just a funny reference that those who know a little about WW2 would appreciate.

Sashulitshka

May 11, 2005
CAN completely dominated and would have won also with RUS participating. However, RUS has the best 05 European age group and the closest to CAN in terms of level.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018

Well done, Boys! Looking forward to this group playing a U20 tournament in 2025. Who is hosting the 2025 tournament? Wouldn't mind travelling to that tournament.

So a little search with the google machine tells me the 2025 U20 tournament is somewhere in the good ol' US of A. Sounds good to me!!!, but please, USAH, not a border town. Time to put your big boy hockey pants on and stand on your own two feet or/skates.

Last edited:

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
CAN completely dominated and would have won also with RUS participating. However, RUS has the best 05 European age group and the closest to CAN in terms of level.

Yea.
Russia basically sent their 05s to last year's EYOF (04 generation) and didn't look out of place at all. They even beat the Czechs.
A 05 CAN-RUS would have been a great match.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Born In Alberta, Grew up in Ontario where I and played hockey until I was 18. I blew out my knee at 17 and haven’t played hockey since - however I still have the love for the game so I follow prospects as a hobby away from work. After graduating high school in Canada, I moved to in Germany where I went to school, got a job and now live happily.

Appreciate it, name is pretty simple really.
German speaks for itself and the “Spitfire“ part is two fold, 1 I am a Windsor Spitfires fan, that’s where I lived before I moved to Germany - and #2 - it’s irony really as in WW2 the British flew the Spitfire, not the Germans. Just a funny reference that those who know a little about WW2 would appreciate.
That's awesome, I'd been wondering about your background as well. Where in Germany do you live now?

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Ritchies puck luck this tournament has been insane lol
He’s going to be a stud, massive upside. This Canadian team could play this collection of teams 100 times and I think win 97-98 of them. On another level from these teams, which are also still very good in their own right

Agreed he’s having a lot of luck.Ritchie’s tournament is a prime example as to why scouts watch games instead of watching the stat sheets.
No, flat out wrong. Ritchie was a stud 16 year old and has always been a top player in this age group, and has more upside than almost anyone here barring a couple other Canadian kids. Ritchie goes in the top 10 for sure

Reactions: Dominance

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Lots of good D in this game

Molendyk
Allen
Sandin-Pellikka
Lindstein

I also liked how quickly Tourigny moves the puck.

Are his puck skills that good though?
Good enough and they’ll get better, he’s so much more dominant in every other area and checks every box a team wants. He smothers guys, true top pairing potential imo. Could go 2nd overall if Michkov falls due to circumstances.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
1st rounders from this team Canada imo: Yager, Ritchie, Allen, Wood, Barlow, Benson, Heidt, Cristall, Molendyk, Rehkopf, Price, Gauthier, Howe (2024), Lind. Barkey, Bonk, tourigny could push for a spot too I think. Ratzlaff would be for sure if he wasn’t 6’0. Really polished skill set.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad