Series Talk: 2022 Global series vs Predators in Czech Republic

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
It’s not the plan nor should it be. Eklund and Bordeleau are not ready to be effective top nine forwards in the NHL.
But given the choice between Eklund, Bordeleau or Nieto to play third line for two games - most sane people would take Eklund or Bordeleau.

Nieto is a 12th/13th forward at best. I’d take a “maybe not ready yet” over a “never a top 9 forward”.

Reactions: mogambomoroo

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Dude. Everything is expensive here. I took a cab from the airport to my hotel and it cost 80 Euros!
How long was the ride? In Bangkok you can get a Mercedes car service from the airport -> downtown (45 mins with traffic) for like $40 haha, normal taxi would be like $15

Im actually glad I bailed on going to Europe for this, the baht is like 18% weaker than normal right now, i'd be so poor. But if I were a dollars-making man i'd be there

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
How long was the ride? In Bangkok you can get a Mercedes car service from the airport -> downtown (45 mins with traffic) for like $40 haha, normal taxi would be like $15

Im actually glad I bailed on going to Europe for this, the baht is like 18% weaker than normal right now, i'd be so poor. But if I were a dollars-making man i'd be there
In all fairness, I’m in Hannover currently which is a little more outside the realm of convenience. I’m taking the train to Berlin this afternoon for the game and then back to Hannover tmrw morning for a trade show before Prague. Timing just worked out.

I’m in Munch and went to Oktoberfest this weekend. It was awesome! I’m going to miss the European games since I’ll be in meetings, but Germany has been super fun! Minus the cab fares!
I’m sure way more fun than where I currently am.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
But given the choice between Eklund, Bordeleau or Nieto to play third line for two games - most sane people would take Eklund or Bordeleau.

Nieto is a 12th/13th forward at best. I’d take a “maybe not ready yet” over a “never a top 9 forward”.
Not if the goal is prioritizing Eklund and Bordeleau’s long term development over winning some meaningless games. They can have Nieto’s lineup spot when they dominate the AHL and round out their defensive play.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Eklund and Bordeleau should be on the Sharks......
I actually don’t necessarily agree with this. I think that having them on this trip is a good plan. I think having Nieto on the third line is a bad plan but I also think there are other guys that could be put there. I think I want both of them to head to the Cuda and prove why they belong in the NHL. Let them pick up some better habits and gain a ton of confidence.

With Barabanov and Sturm hurt (and using some of the lines the sharks are using)

Timo-Hertl-Kunin
Lindblom-Couture-Labanc
Svechnikov-Bonino-Gregor
Nieto-Lorentz-Gadjovich

If Sturm is able to play slide him in at 4C and move Lorentz to RW.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Mostly no surprises. The one change should probably be Guschin over Viel. Even if he was an extra he earned it more than Viel.

I agree but this is typical Sharks mentality. They need to take some risks with their prospects, but they don't. I'm surprised we have prospects that are not looking to be traded. Merks come to mind as one that would be better suited in another organization. I don't think Grier will ever value players like him.

There are guys on the regular roster that are basically fillers on teams without prospects. I don't think they belong on this team. Let the young guns play.

sub_zero94

Jan 26, 2007
any guesses what Barabanov's injury is?

they initially thought day-to-day and would be ready for Europe games, but still not even really practicing?

groin?

• Wow

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Not if the goal is prioritizing Eklund and Bordeleau’s long term development over winning some meaningless games. They can have Nieto’s lineup spot when they dominate the AHL and round out their defensive play.

Maybe Nieto can be down in the AHL to continue his development, or has he reached his undeveloped, developed peak?

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad