Series Talk: 2022 Global series vs Predators in Czech Republic

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I was confused about Eklund and Bordeleau making the 27 man roster but based on those like rushes it looks like they’re just along for the experience which is fine.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

What does Nieto have on everyone in the NHL?! How is Sturm being put on the extras line?

Really going to persist with Vlasic-Ferraro pairing?!

🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

I think Sturm might have had some injury issues? Other than that I have nothing.

Those bottom two lines, and bottom two defense pairs, are going to get destroyed.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

Welp… Better hopes that first unit scores or plays 90% of PP time, because the idea of Ferraro, Bonino, and Benning doing the breakout and rush has me thinking lots of Neutral Zone turnovers will lead to shorties.

lmao, i just saw this.....

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

What does Nieto have on everyone in the NHL?! How is Sturm being put on the extras line?

🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

As others have said I think Sturm is just injured, but he's probably taking Gadjovich's spot and pushing Lorentz to the wing

Nieto is probably still on that 3rd line unless they want to get the kids into the lineup, which I'm not convinced is the plan

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

I think we all need to take a second and fully realize that a guy just signed off a PTO, who played the entirety of last year in the AHL and put up 7 points in 50 games, is on our top pairing to start the season.

What have we become.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
As others have said I think Sturm is just injured, but he's probably taking Gadjovich's spot and pushing Lorentz to the wing

Nieto is probably still on that 3rd line unless they want to get the kids into the lineup, which I'm not convinced is the plan
It’s not the plan nor should it be. Eklund and Bordeleau are not ready to be effective top nine forwards in the NHL.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think we all need to take a second and fully realize that a guy just signed off a PTO, who played the entirety of last year in the AHL and put up 7 points in 50 games, is on our top pairing to start the season.

What have we become.
He does have an 80% xGF% in the preseason. We're clearly an elite reclaimer of projects.

• Haha

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010

🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

Sturm is coming back from a big hit against Vegas and might not play. But seeing as he's German and they'll be in Berlin, I certainly hope he does! Not playing Eklund or Bordeleau tomorrow would certainly be a big disappointment, so hopefully the top four listed doesn't mean it's the top four playing.

As for Vlasic with Ferraro? I can't imagine it'll be long before Quinn abandons that, but until then I imagine there will be lots of pain and more unanswerable inquiries about how good Mario actually is.

Edited to add that I guess I just restated a lot of stuff that others said, but all the new ads at the bottom of the page made me not realize there was a whole page of comments I was missing!!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sturm is coming back from a big hit against Vegas and might not play. But seeing as he's German and they'll be in Berlin, I certainly hope he does! Not playing Eklund or Bordeleau tomorrow would certainly be a big disappointment, so hopefully the top four listed doesn't mean it's the top four playing.

As for Vlasic with Ferraro? I can't imagine it'll be long before Quinn abandons that, but until then I imagine there will be lots of pain and more unanswerable inquiries about how good Mario actually is.

Edited to add that I guess I just restated a lot of stuff that others said, but all the new ads at the bottom of the page made me not realize there was a whole page of comments I was missing!!
The blue line doesn't really have an ideal arrangement. If Harrington is playing with Karlsson, it's pretty damning on everyone that a PTO can play better than any alternative and that Karlsson can't make any of them look passable. But then again, nobody is top pairing quality except for Karlsson when he's on his game. Even when Ferraro is on his game, he's not top pairing quality, imo. All the pairings will be a disaster at various points during the season and I can't imagine the goaltending holding up for another season like Reimer did most of last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad