2022 Draft Thread - July 7-8 (CBJ to pick 6th (via CHI) and 12th overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Kemell and Lekkerimaki are both interesting prospects. They have maybe the two best collection of shots in the class. Kemell takes so many shots…but so many are bad selections. He plays more physical than you’d think and has higher playmaking ability. Lekkerimaki is already good at finding the open space to get a shot off in a pro league which is actually really impressive and projects well for him. He improved his all around game down the stretch.

Reactions: LJ7

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Kemmel is above Lekkerimaki and Kasper on McKenzie’s list. That second comment is kind of rude, especially to people who have watched them play.

Kemmel and Lekkerimaki have much higher upside than Kasper. When I see Kasper I see Artem Anisimov. The other two I see Eberle/Petterson.

Kemmel is scoring at a more productive rate than Rantanen or Aho were and his 5v5 production is equal goals to assists. 45 CF% on a terrible team.

Not tying to offend if you took that as rude that is totally on you, because their wasn’t any type of rude in my mind when I responded.

Basically you like Kemell and I don’t and we disagree. It’s okay to disagree and make points. I love the passion

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
This thread is almost 1500 posts long, I'm just putting this here so I can find it later.

I don't want any small players in the first round. We have plenty of those. The only exception I would make would be for Logan Cooley.

Reactions: Youngguns80

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Blue Jackets posting Conor Geekie's media availability on YouTube. They are taking him 12th overall confirmed. If they don't take him to overall I will send everyone 5,000 Bolívares, well the equivalent in USD.

Youngguns80

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Blue Jackets posting Conor Geekie's media availability on YouTube. They are taking him 12th overall confirmed. If they don't take him to overall I will send everyone 5,000 Bolívares, well the equivalent in USD.

From my friend - they are posting a lot and the Connor Geekie means nothing more than content. They will post the others overnight.

Reactions: MissADD

Youngguns80

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
This thread is almost 1500 posts long, I'm just putting this here so I can find it later.

I don't want any small players in the first round. We have plenty of those. The only exception I would make would be for Logan Cooley.
How about Matt Savoie? 😁

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Greg Wyshinski of ESPN+ posted his final mock this morning (did not see it posted here). It starts out predictable with Wright, Slafkovsky, Cooley and Nemec going 1-4 but he has Philly taking Gauthier at #5.

That means the CBJ get Jiricek at #6 and I like this comment: "Turning Seth Jones into a blue-chip defensive prospect that's almost a decade younger is some wizardry from Columbus GM Jarmo Kekalainen."

Then its Kemell, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Geekie and Korchinki going 7-11.

That means the CBJ get Savoie at #12.

I don't know about anyone else but I would be more than satisfied with this haul!

Youngguns80

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Is anyone going to the Draft Party tomorrow?

I wish I could attend but I have the Covid Variant 🤧😷

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Nope! I'm out. I'm totally biased against sub 6 foot players in the first round. @ me if you want, but we have plenty of little/slight guys.
The list of top ten point getters over last three years include: Bread, Kane, Marchand and Gaundreau. Marner is 6' but just 172 LBs and the list doesn't include Kucherov because he missed so many games over that period with injury but his PPG would be top five. I understand your thought process but if choosing between a dynamic offensive prospect who unfortunately happens to be on the smaller side or settling for a good prospect with warts but happens to have more size, give me the more talented player.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Is anyone going to the Draft Party tomorrow?

I wish I could attend but I have the Covid Variant 🤧😷
I would love to go but having rotator cuff surgery next week and don't want to increase my risk of catching anything so close to going under the knife and having to delay the procedure.

• Wow
Reactions: Youngguns80

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
The list of top ten point getters over last three years include: Bread, Kane, Marchand and Gaundreau. Marner is 6' but just 172 LBs and the list doesn't include Kucherov because he missed so many games over that period with injury but his PPG would be top five. I understand your thought process but if choosing between a dynamic offensive prospect who unfortunately happens to be on the smaller side or settling for a good prospect with warts but happens to have more size, give me the more talented player.
I get it, but I'm out on little guys. We have enough. Only exception I'd make is Cooley. Otherwise give me some thump. At some point we're going to get to play playoff hockey. You don't win those games with multiple little/slight guys.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So what’s going to be the mood or the board if Gauthier is gone at 6 , and we draft Kasper ? Praying that Gauthier makes it to 6 , but If he’s gone , I can see Jarmo passing on Jiricek and going with off the board pick, in Kasper
EP has Jiricek as #2 in the draft and Kasper as #12. That sort of move would... I don't know how I would react but it would not be good.

Reactions: tunnelvision

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Okay, reading that Portzline article directly and getting an idea for the full context... I don't read that as "Kekalainen might not think much of Jiricek/Nemec". I read it as "Portzline thinks we are laser-focused on Gauthier and will bail if we can't get him". (Seriously, this reads a lot like me trying to justify promoting Nazar as the #6 but attempting to not be too obvious about it).

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Thank you all for great discussion and analysis throughout the months. In order to keep things clean and organized we're going to close this up and use a new thread for the actual draft itself.

The Draft GDT is up here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad