2022 Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
My argument for not taking Kasper at 8/9 would be I think there are going to be fairly comparable centers in quality there at our next pick in round 2.
You may be correct but I’m all for taking centres with our first two picks, like Kasper and Lorenz. Then with the third pick take Lamoureux, or if according to Button and Bischel is available take him

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Buffalo or NJ.
Yup - NJ again drops to 2nd overall…May they rot!

You may be correct but I’m all for taking centres with our first two picks, like Kasper and Lorenz. Then with the third pick take Lamoureux, or if according to Button and Bischel is available take him
Kasper piqued my interest when earlier today I had learned he’s an Austrian playing in the SHL.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Don't sleep on Tyler Brennan, guys.

Considering Cossa didn't get his 3rd shutout in a row in the WHL playoffs, I'm totally comfortable if Yzerman uses #8 on this kid.

DAD587BA-0B91-4E79-AA81-88364BE1E1F7.jpeg

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I’m all for taking centres with our first two picks,

if according to Button and Bischel is available take him
If the Button's list goes that way for the first 39 picks, Detroit should run to select Gaucher at 40--and I really like Bystedt and Hamara. Gaucher is a big, high-energy center.
I can also see a case for Bischel, but not if Gaucher is on the board in the second.

Reactions: r0bert8841

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I am glad we didn't drop. Savoie seems like a real possibility. At the same time, we have put together a pretty great development team over in Sweden I would prefer our top pick play under their supervision.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Yzerman seems to be emphasizing that our picks are in good developmental situations. 2 Frolunda kids and Seider where he was instantly eligible to be moved to GR. On the other hand its not clear on what he considers a good or bad development situation.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, I dont know...I'm more annoyed with the fact that Montreal gets their reward for tanking and that NJ gets to jump up AGAIN than I am with the fact that Detroit didnt win. Nobody in this draft has me upset that he wont be there when the Wings pick. They should get someone pretty good, but not franchise defining.

I would be good with any of Kasper, Savoie, Lekkerimaki, Nazar, Yurov or even Lambert if our scouting team believes in him. Dont really care about any of the D outside of Nemec and Jiricek and I think they will be gone by 8. I would be just as happy grabbing someone like Ryan Chesley at 40 or 53 than I would those other names floating around as first round D. I liked his game a lot at the U18s. I still would like to see them find a way to draft Julian Lutz as well, he impressed me as well.

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
Yzerman seems to be emphasizing that our picks are in good developmental situations. 2 Frolunda kids and Seider where he was instantly eligible to be moved to GR. On the other hand its not clear on what he considers a good or bad development situation.

Considering Draper’s kid is going to Michigan next year, I would imagine Yzerman and Draper would not be adverse to Nazar playing there for the next year or two.

I think Kasper ends up as the guy at 8 though. We have been watching him all season and he just feels like a Wings pick under this regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad