GDT: 2022 ALDS: (1) Houston Astros vs (5) Seattle Mariners

HOU vs SEA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Hopefully Houston but as usual no predictions because I don't want to jinx it. Mariners on a great momentum from getting into the playoffs and winning the wild card series (plus comeback in today's game). Houston better have taken notes and not to stop playing no matter the lead. Also they struggle against good pitchers and Mariners have a few. Hopefully Houston bats can come up when it counts. Also hopefully no karma against us fans. I remember when the 2 Mariners fans were like, I don't care this is my World Series(Mariners home series). Let's make it hell for Houston and Houston proceeds to sweep(I think) the series. Soon after Astros fans proceeded to taunt and mock them.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Hopefully Houston but as usual no predictions because I don't want to jinx it. Mariners on a great momentum from getting into the playoffs and winning the wild card series (plus comeback in today's game). Houston better have taken notes and not to stop playing no matter the lead. Also they struggle against good pitchers and Mariners have a few. Hopefully Houston bats can come up when it counts. Also hopefully no karma against us fans. I remember when the 2 Mariners fans were like, I don't care this is my World Series(Mariners home series). Let's make it hell for Houston and Houston proceeds to sweep(I think) the series. Soon after Astros fans proceeded to taunt and mock them.
Yes. I will be upset if our offense pulls one of their famous disappearing acts. That wil be the match up that decides the series, our O vs their pitching. Im confident in our starting pitching. With Verlander,Valdez,McCullers and Javier we should be formidable. Im a bit wary of our bullpen but overall they've been great too , especially Stanek.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Astros are our bogey team even when they were bad. I think they are favorites for the world series. If the mariners somehow beat them though I fancy them to make the world series. I fancy them's over the Yankees/Guardians.

T-Mobile Park will be loud as eff though next week. Been such a long wait

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Because they are no match for Houston. Astros in 3.
DCA46216-24DE-494D-A605-86359374A89C.gif

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Go Mariners.

If you can't root for your own team might as well root for the team that sent them packing. Unless it's the Yankees, of course.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I'm just hoping for a good series, hope the M's can take at least 1 game.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Busy weekend in Seattle sports: Saturday has Mariners Game 3, Huskies and Kraken season home opener; all at least in different parts of city. Curious as to Sundays' potential schedule/timing as Seahawks play at 1pm vs Arizona and Mariners Game 4 would be 1 block away. Stafffing issues as many vendors work both stadiums, Parking issues as limited parking already in the downtown core and the T-Mobile field garage is already sold to Seahawks ticket holders.

Looking further, all potential Sunday games have direct in-market NFL vs MLB conflicts. Seattle, Cleveland, Atlanta & LA (Dodgers-Rams) all play at home on Sunday.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
So Verlander goes tomorrow but Baker hasn't announced the rest because some of the starters are sick?????? And someone claims they heard in a interview with McCullers saying it seems like each day, someone comes in feeling unwell.

Hopefully it's nothing and more of them not wanting to show their cards just yet. For game 2, not sure if it would be Valdez or McCullers and I wonder if Baker is deciding after knowing if they're up or down 1 game to 0.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Julio!!! 3-0 Mariners.

The Big Dumper drives him, 4-0 Mariners and the shadow of Luis Castillo going in Game 2 looms large.

Last edited:

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Well . This is starting off great. Hopefully our pitching doesn't fall off a cliff or we're sunk. Have no faith in the Offense to rise to the occasion and make up for it

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i don't care for the m's at all but it would be very nice to see them knock houston out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad