Prospect Info: [2022 - 62nd] Lane Hutson (NCAA - Boston University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
just read this on RDS and its so funny :laugh:

-Habs draft Tomas Plekanec (one of my favorite habs)

-Habs draft Sven Andrighetto

-Habs trade Andrighetto to CHI for Andreas Martinsen
-Habs sign Matt Taormina (lol)
-Habs trade Martinsen to CHI for Kyle Baun (Sorry, Kyle who?)

-Habs trade Plekanec and Kyle Baun (no really! who TF is this??) to TOR for Rinat Valiev, Kirby Rychel and a 2018 2nd round pick (Jakob Oloffson)
-Habs trade Rinat Valiev and Matt Taormina to CAL for Brett Kulak.

-Habs trade Kulak to EDM for William Lagesson and a 2022 2nd round pick<--Now this pick is Lane Hutson!
:nod::nod:
Nice ending lol.

Reactions: CapSpace

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Depends of your bone density, i know big boned guys, that are made of glass.

Bone density has zero to do with Lane Hutson putting on weight lol. And I am 100% positive that you know absolutely nothing about the bone density of these mystery big bone men that you know.........

Holy confirmation bias Batman!

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
What defensive game are you talking about? He's average defensively. His game is all about offense and smothering the other team into submission.

He's a D-Man, he should be able to play D if he wants to play in the NHL. No one wants another Marc-Andre Bergeron.

Looking more like a first overall than Slaf to be honest.

Word.

Don't think it would be a surprise if Habs...

Knowing Gorton and Bobrov they probably already have him penciled in as a 7th D to finish off this year for the last 10 games.

He should go to the AHL next year, if he can stomach the low salary. He should play 1 year at least in Laval, then come up at age 20 or even 21 when ready.

But the NCAA is really not a help in development anymore. That is my unpopular opinion.

Unpopular but expected from you. You were against putting Slafs in the A as well right? LOL

Not a single chance the owners accept that. They would lost way to much money

Just spread out the games all year long. Twelve month season baby.

Lmao all these points and awards, it’s too bad Hutson has a small stick!

Hopefully not as small as Kakko's.

While he could learn some things in the NCAA, I think Hutson will benefit more from the Habs' world class development group.

Where was that group with Slafs this year?

The AHL and NHL are leagues of men, and you might as well prepare him as much as reasonably possible from a physical standpoint in order to give the club the best shot at maximizing on his value for years to come.

In addition the NCAA's a non-fighting league unlike the A. Result, he won't have to deal with AHL lifer goons. Guys that all they're paid for is hurting other guys.

It won't be top 5 until Hutson proves he can do it in the nhl

Well no one has right? Isn't Slafs the only '22'er that played any real time in the NHL? And Juraj didn't prove anything in his time in MTL.

Unlike Gallagher Slafkovsky, the good thing about Hutson's game is that his efforts are spent evading opponents, not taking open ice hits to the back of the head.

Or anyone past 25 really

Or anyone during COVID. Dayum I gotta lose this extra weight before spring.

Bone density has zero to do with Lane Hutson putting on weight lol. And I am 100% positive that you know absolutely nothing about the bone density...

C'mon man, be nice.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Unpopular but expected from you. You were against putting Slafs in the A as well right? LOL
I thought Slaf was generating scoring chances his first 25 games and had even climbed to 0.40 ppg. Then his recent center Monahan went down and the whole club from Suzuki on down went into a tailspin for 6 weeks, probably for the same reason. Even though the general suckiness was not his fault, I was ready for them to send him to Laval for a stint when the club and Slaf himself turned their games around and the kid resumed creating scoring chances his last three games before being injured. So at that point, I was ok with either option and was ready to trust the Habs on it as they see practices as weoll as games and can judge if he is progressing as they hope.

Hutson is a different case. He needs to learn to defend and requires quite a bit of time in the A, at least a year I think. Mailloux too.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Does anyone else think that the plan is to have him stay for another year and then we sign him?
It's pretty much universally agreed actually lol
In fact the ONLY person I saw say they'd like him 2 more years in the NCAA is my boy Jaffy, but I'll convince him in time the best route is that he plays NCAA next year and then we sign him in March

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's pretty much universally agreed actually lol
In fact the ONLY person I saw say they'd like him 2 more years in the NCAA is my boy Jaffy, but I'll convince him in time the best route is that he plays NCAA next year and then we sign him in March
You’re probably right….lol

As I said at the time, skill wise, I believe he’s there, but physical maturation is my driving force to keep him in NCAA.

We’ll see what kind of gains he nets in the next 370 days….just wanna be cautious with our prized prospect :)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He's a D-Man, he should be able to play D if he wants to play in the NHL. No one wants another Marc-Andre Bergeron.

Word.

Knowing Gorton and Bobrov they probably already have him penciled in as a 7th D to finish off this year for the last 10 games.

Just spread out the games all year long. Twelve month season baby.

Hopefully not as small as Kakko's.

In addition the NCAA's a non-fighting league unlike the A. Result, he won't have to deal with AHL lifer goons. Guys that all they're paid for is hurting other guys.

Well no one has right? Isn't Slafs the only '22'er that played any real time in the NHL? And Juraj didn't prove anything in his time in MTL.

Or anyone during COVID. Dayum I gotta lose this extra weight before spring.

C'mon man, be nice.
That's a pretty extreme bias against Slafkovsky, or am I misinterpreting?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

Bergeron played 490 games in the NHL, 82g 153 a for a total of 235 pts .
Not that bad for a player no ones wants :laugh:

About Slaf, it was said many times that the good stats sheet wasn't the priority for his development this season. They worked with him and are happy with the result. Not only he wasn't there to put points, but also , as most of the players , his game has also been affected by the important number of injured teammates .

Reactions: cphabs and SlafySZN

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Depends of your bone density, i know big boned guys, that are made of glass.
I’m 6’3. Have been through airborne and some extremely kinetic related training. I’ve seen superior athletes, some athletes don’t play games, fold because of stress fractures etc. This shit does catch up with you later on. I’m here to tell you that. Let’s see how the kid holds up. So far so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad