Prospect Info: [2022 - 33rd] Owen Beck (OHL - Saginaw Spirit)

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
Since everyone here liked Thrower, Bozon and Collberg. I will say great pick
Making lineups with them in it for 2-3 years then screaming BUST and I HATE MANAGEMENT

I remember the lineups with Maxwell and Chipchura penciled in at 2C and 3C lolll

Imagine being that emotive on draft day because you watched youtube… and the lists you made get no respekt

Last edited:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Beck is not bad lmao, this board is becoming nauseating
So has our franchise for the last 2+ decades. I wish our new front office the best, but they the Romanov trade infuriates me as a fan. This new front office is suspect to say the least.

Reactions: viceroy

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
So has our franchise for the last 2+ decades. I wish our new front office the best, but they the Romanov trade infuriates me as a fan. This new front office is suspect to say the least.
They are suspect because you don't agree with them? You need a little patience, your gonna be pissed at every pick even before they Play a single shift with us lol

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
I think the Hugo management team are absolute hubristic morons for passing on Wright but I am completely fine with this pick. Seems like a solid prospect. He seems he could end up as a Danault with a floor as prime Byron. We should have a solid middle 6 center from this. I don't know if I love it but I can't hate it.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
I think interviews had an impact there.
Which IMO is even worse. Interviews are one of the most subjective and least accurate ways to assess people. This is tru in most ordinary jobs, but is especially true for hockey players. Executives with big egos think "they know" all about someone and can read people just from asking questions. Plenty of playoff warriors and star players interview poorly and are very awkward.

Wright is a unique player who has the potential to become a Bergeron and a floor of a solid 2C. You can't pass that up. Unless Wright's real passion was music or something, you still gotta take him.

Regardless, I am fine with the Beck pick.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Which IMO is even worse. Interviews are one of the most subjective and least accurate ways to assess people. This is tru in most ordinary jobs, but is especially true for hockey players. Executives with big egos think "they know" all about someone and can read people just from asking questions. Plenty of playoff warriors and star players interview poorly and are very awkward.

Wright is a unique player who has the potential to become a Bergeron and a floor of a solid 2C. You can't pass that up. Unless Wright's real passion was music or something, you still gotta take him.

Yeah i sure hope the interview isint the only reason we went for slaf lol

Reactions: viceroy and cphabs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Wright was supposed to be this super mature guy, but he did a very childish death stare to the Habs's table once he got on stage after being called by the Krakens.

I think the Habs saw something they really didn't like when digging deeper.

Also, they think Slaf has higher upside.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Good thing I've been on these boards long enough to know which posters to ignore with their predictable "omg this pick is horrible I know 100% this other second round player is the next best thing!!1!1!" I mean I remember the Colberg pick lol
Right like any of us really know. Its one thing to bring some interesting points after doing your own research on the prospects but to act like you know this guy will bust or this guy will be good on a hockey forum minutes after the guy gets picked at 18 years old is pretty ridiculous , even if you are informed on the kid

Reactions: frenchcanayan

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
Yeah i sure hope the interview isint the only reason we went for slaf lol

Not gonna lie, I absolute hate that we passed on Wright as his potential/ceiling as a two way center is much more than Slaf.

I'd be fine with Slaf if Wright was gone when we picked.

IMO all the typical excuses for passing on Wright are absolute BS. You don't get to be as good as Wright does at a young age without drive. He just plays a smart cerebral game and is not flashy. Management is also overweighting a weird Covid year. Wright did very well and he prob also has the best shot in the draft.

I sound like a hater. Typically I am not. I just think the risk/reward of passing on Wright makes no sense at all.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Ok, and thanks everyone. Just a “bit” emotion about Romanov. Hope these new turds pan out. In any case? Sorry for the negative banter. GO HABS GO!

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00