Prospect Info: [2022 - 33rd] Owen Beck (OHL - Saginaw Spirit)

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Brutal, could have had Chesley, I am starting to dislike our new management and scouting. That did not take long
Regardless of the sport it’s hard to say “I hate this pick and our management” unless they do something like pick a player who is ranked the #400 top prospect at 10 or something ridiculous like that. If you follow sports close enough and look back you realize how many times you as a fan get things wrong as much and in most cases more than the GM and scouting staff. Just relax, read about the new picks and wait and see how things play out.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Not for nothing, but Beck was projected to go anywhere from 20 to 40... Seems like he was selected right where he should have?

Agreed we all have our preferences. I wanted Firkus or Del Bel Belluz, but how can you really hate this pick?

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Now just hoping to be wrong and that they have well better informed scouts than the general opinion. But yeah looks like meh to me

Reactions: viceroy

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Regardless of the sport it’s hard to say “I hate this pick and our management” unless they do something like pick a player who is ranked the #400 top prospect at 10 or something ridiculous like that. If you follow sports close enough and look back you realize how many times you as a fan get things wrong as much and in most cases more than the GM and scouting staff. Just relax, read about the new picks and wait and see how things play out.
Too be fair I think a monkey rolling a pair of dice would have done better than Montreal's GM/Scout have done since the early 90's. We've had bad drafting forever we can't be trusting these guys.

• Haha
Reactions: BenchBrawl

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
This board starts to look like cancer. f*** sake people you are overeacting.
It’s any board in any sport. Honestly the most disheartening thing is if you are a fan of a team where nobody comments or cares about anything. The fact that people complain about the picks and there is so much interest speaks to how much we care as Canadiens fans. I think it’s actually a positive thing (although I’m not complaining at all personally).

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Beck is not bad lmao, this board is becoming nauseating
Becoming? It became a long time ago.

They can’t do that. If their guy isn’t picked, everyone sucks. Bringing massive value to the conversation

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Beck is not bad lmao, this board is becoming nauseating
Absolutely. Most of us have never seen these guys play, tons of them have missed +/- a year of hockey, and HuGo haven't had time to overhaul the draft department yet.

Yet the whole board craps on them at every pick. I think I'm out for a few weeks, this place will be a cesspool.

Who would probably have been picked before Wright if they were in the same draft class.
Since everyone here liked Thrower, Bozon and Collberg. I will say great pick
To be fair Bozon was a pretty good prospect before his health issues. And Collberg got us a nice return.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Becoming? It became a long time ago.

They can’t do that. If their guy isn’t picked, everyone sucks. Bringing massive value to the conversation
Haha no worries. I know it’s coming regardless of what I say. If I can’t get my kids to listen to me why would a bunch of fellow Canadiens fans? My ego is nowhere near big enough to think my comment would have that type of impact. Just offering a different perspective.

Reactions: Omar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad