Speculation: 2022-23 Roster Building, Trade Rumors & Free Agents VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I think they believe Stralman makes Reilly expendable.

The play of Zboril, will go along way to determine who is expendable. As will health and cap space. McAvoy and Lindholm are the two certainties to be there.

If Zboril is playing well,probably going no where. Highly unlikely they will trade Carlo . They just signed Stralman so I do not expect him to,be traded. This is five of your six. This leaves Clifton, Forbort, Reilly and Grzelcyk all on one way contracts, you can not keep all four.

In today's NHL cap space is valuable : Clifton 1mill and a RD. Forbort and Reilly both at 3 mil, Grzelcyk $3,687,500.
Clifton is the cheapest and a RD so that may help him.
The return , may play a role in who of the other three is moved

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
That third pair is atrocious. Get Stralman in there asap maybe before possible.
As for the TF and Stud supporters, Stud had a fair camp, nothing great. TF should be in Providence, if not Siberia, after his camp.
on the fair - siberia scale, where does nosek fit in for you?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
  • Talks remain amicable between the Boston Bruins and David Pastrnak on an extension. Still, TSN’s Darren Dreger reported today that the Bruins have yet to make a specific offer to Pastrnak’s camp. It makes sense, all things considered, as Pastrnak has publically said multiple times since he was eligible for an extension that his main focus is on starting the season strong. The team will need to rely on him heavily, of course, with Brad Marchand out of the lineup. Dreger cited Jonathan Huberdeau‘s recent eight-year, $84MM extension as a reasonable comparison.

Reactions: bbfan419

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
  • Talks remain amicable between the Boston Bruins and David Pastrnak on an extension. Still, TSN’s Darren Dreger reported today that the Bruins have yet to make a specific offer to Pastrnak’s camp. It makes sense, all things considered, as Pastrnak has publically said multiple times since he was eligible for an extension that his main focus is on starting the season strong. The team will need to rely on him heavily, of course, with Brad Marchand out of the lineup. Dreger cited Jonathan Huberdeau‘s recent eight-year, $84MM extension as a reasonable comparison.
If Dreger source is correct. Why wouldnt the Bruins have made an offer yet? Its strange .... kind of like Krug contract situation

"We want you... but no offer"

Unless both sides just waiting waiting for the other to pull the trigger 1st (offer/request)

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
seriously what do people think JP Barry and Sweeney are talking about "daily"? Pasta has already said it's in his agent's hands now and that they're working through it for him. If that's the case then clearly they are beyond the question of who his center will be in the future. That's not something his agent would be discussing daily with Sweeney. They are talking numbers and more likely are probably close on the actual total amount and term and are just hammering away at the structure of the deal.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
The last time the Bruins started the season against Washington they lost 7-0, this board melted down and then they went on to win the eastern conference.

We also got this glorious event:

Loved every minute of that and still do. Eller got fed for being a puke.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
seriously what do people think JP Barry and Sweeney are talking about "daily"? Pasta has already said it's in his agent's hands now and that they're working through it for him. If that's the case then clearly they are beyond the question of who his center will be in the future. That's not something his agent would be discussing daily with Sweeney. They are talking numbers and more likely are probably close on the actual total amount and term and are just hammering away at the structure of the deal.
Thinking the Bruins want closer to Huberdeau while Barry wants closer to MacKinnon. Pasta could get the hockey version of the Aaron Judge payday with his typical season so I think he will wait Sweeney and co out.

Loved every minute of that and still do. Eller got fed for being a puke.
Didn't like Marchand not manning up, turtling and not giving him a rematch though especially when he got the jump the first time.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I honestly think there is a 0% chance the Bruins haven’t made an official offer to Pastrnak.

Yup. Maybe there hasn’t been an “official” offer because they’re discussing lockout protection/bonus structure and so on. But the term is 8 years, AAV is on the higher end of 9 to 11m. That’s not a big deal and I’m sure it’s already either agreed upon or being negotiated.

Sweeney has always been tight lipped and things only leak minutes before they become official.

Reactions: wintersej

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I honestly think there is a 0% chance the Bruins haven’t made an official offer to Pastrnak.
Yep...I agree... but doesnt mean its an offer Pasta and camp like.

Unsettling that they havent come to an agreement before season starts

Bruins management thinking could be...

Even if Pasta is a UFA. The most he probably gets in the open market is 77 million (7 x 11m per)

Bruins offer is at 10m per for 8 years = 80 million total

If Pasta wants more.... I dont see management budging

Which means either Pasta/agent gives up and signs the deal.

Or Bruins trade him at the deadline (if out of playoff contention). Or ride him out for the rest of the season. Even if he walks (which is a disaster either way).... Bruins have ample of cap to work with to sign UFAs

You just can never tell, what is going on in Sweeney/managements thinking. Krug situation is a good example. Previous contracts/extensions usually in favor of the club.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The last time the Bruins started the season against Washington they lost 7-0, this board melted down and then they went on to win the eastern conference.

We also got this glorious event:

Caps at that point were coming off the banner raising same thing Chicago has to sit through in Denver after our game ends tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad