SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
1667990945211.png

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I don't think panic is the right word.

Playoffs was never a guarantee. Even with a good start ending up on the outside looking in was always a very likely possibility, maybe even the most likely one.

What I am is angry that it once again only took until early November to take away any of the mystery about it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Playoffs was never a guarantee. Even with a good start ending up on the outside looking in was always a very likely possibility, maybe even the most likely one.

What I am is angry that it once again only took until early November to take away any of the mystery about it.
Playoffs weren't expected but playing meaningful hockey was. Well that dream is dead too. This team has no chance to make the playoffs. Just an absolute disgrace of a start to the season. Which has done the one thing they couldn't eliminate all hope or reason to watch this season. Same old song and dance. Too far behind to make it go on a shitty meaningless win streak at the end and screw up the draft position. Worst possible outcome of being a fan. One year of this sure it sucks. 2 brutal.... 3 that can kill a person's Fandom for good.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

I am fine with the Sens not making the playoffs but to be pretty much out of contention in freaking November is no longer acceptable.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Playoffs weren't expected but playing meaningful hockey was. Well that dream is dead too. This team has no chance to make the playoffs. Just an absolute disgrace of a start to the season. Which has done the one thing they couldn't eliminate all hope or reason to watch this season. Same old song and dance. Too far behind to make it go on a shitty meaningless win streak at the end and screw up the draft position. Worst possible outcome of being a fan. One year of this sure it sucks. 2 brutal.... 3 that can kill a person's Fandom for good.
Yes you nailed it. Watch them go on a meaningless streak in late March and April, killing our draft position, and feeding false hope to the fanbase over the summer.

I am a hockey fan because it is an enjoyable pastime and a distraction from the real world. But we're now going on 6 years of pure misery and meaningless hockey. Being out of playoff contention this early means that I don't get to enjoy any hockey at all this year.

Reactions: bert

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Rebuild failed. That sucks. Move certain assets for players that actually give a ****

Reactions: Alex1234

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
Why do we not give Pinto more than 1 game as a top 6 center... f***ing stupid. the third line was trash last night. he had one shift with bathman and the cat and they almost scored.

Reactions: Senovision

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It seems apparent now that the offseason moves were connected to boosting attendance to help boost the interest and value of the team.

With that in mind, its good to reexamine the moves that were made. More specifically, you would wonder about the Debrincat acquisition and the price paid as far as long term impact. Its easy to say we'll recoup the assets if we move him, and there's a decent chance that will occur, but I wouldn't call it a given or automatic. I think it will be interesting to follow Korchinski's career to see how that pans out.

Reactions: Cosmix

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
As opposed to panic, I just feel the pain and existential dread that comes with having to watch my team play 70 more games knowing full well that they have no meaningful shot at the playoffs. It just makes for such a long, painful winter.

I liked this team better when we had no talent, but we at least had character and worked hard. Now the character is gone, the physical play is gone, and we are either choke artists are just plain bad. Give me back the 2019-20 team - I knew they were bad, but at least I had hope for a better future. Now that future has arrived, and it turns out to have been a cruel joke.

Reactions: bert

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
yeardraft Pnameagecomments
2015R1 #18Chabot25 soon to be 26a success who is struggling at this time
2015R4 #107Wolanin27a bust
2015R6 #139Jaros26a bust
2016R4 #133Lajoie25a bust
2017---------
2018r1 #26Docker22so far a minor leaguer that is slow in developing
2018r2 #48Tychonick22a bust
2019r1 #19Thomson22so far a minor leaguer that is slow in developing
2019r7 #187Gunette21so far a minor leaguer, on his way to being a bust
2020r1 #5Sanderson20a star in the making
2020r2 #44Klevin20 soon to be 21still in college. No definitive feel for his future

this should trouble people.
6 years. Players who should be 20-27..10 picks. So far 2 success
4 first rounders, 2 successes
2 second rounders, a bust and an unknown
4 thirds-sevenths, 4 busts
6 years should have meant 42 total available picks. Assuming 3 to have been spent on goalies. It left 39 for forwards and D.. at a 2: 1 ratio (12 forwards, 6 d per game) 26 forwards, 13 D men
They drafted 10! only 2 are success so far. This rebuild may just be stalled.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
6 years should have meant 42 total available picks. Assuming 3 to have been spent on goalies. It left 39 for forwards and D.. at a 2: 1 ratio (12 forwards, 6 d per game) 26 forwards, 13 D men
This has been my point all along. A rebuild is not successful unless you acquire one or two franchise players from it. Every Cup contender has done so (except maybe the Blues, but you could argue Tarasenko/Pieterangelo qualify).

We don't possess a franchise player on our club. I don't think Brady or Stu are going to hit that. Sanderson might from the back end.

Nonetheless, we're married to these guys long-term. There's a good chance that we end up similar to a lot of clubs which is middle of the pack for the next 10 years until we re-build again.

Of course, Bedard would change all of that. But we won't be bottom 3.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Why do we not give Pinto more than 1 game as a top 6 center... f***ing stupid. the third line was trash last night. he had one shift with bathman and the cat and they almost scored.
Exactly
The guy is a rookie
And you decide after 1 game that he is bad at 1C without giving him the chance to adjust but you carry your big .439% fat record everywhere smoking and joking

GTFO

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Just me but I don't think the season is over. It's very long, with ups and downs. This is a down. The personnel is better than last year, so they're better equipped to eventually go on some winning streaks.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
yeardraft Pnameagecomments
2015R1 #18Chabot25 soon to be 26a success who is struggling at this time
2015R4 #107Wolanin27a bust
2015R6 #139Jaros26a bust
2016R4 #133Lajoie25a bust
2017---------
2018r1 #26Docker22so far a minor leaguer that is slow in developing
2018r2 #48Tychonick22a bust
2019r1 #19Thomson22so far a minor leaguer that is slow in developing
2019r7 #187Gunette21so far a minor leaguer, on his way to being a bust
2020r1 #5Sanderson20a star in the making
2020r2 #44Klevin20 soon to be 21still in college. No definitive feel for his future

Any team would be lucky to draft Chabot + Sanderson in the last 7 years.

I'm also not sure how you can call a 7th round 21yr old defenseman who's been steadily rising the depth chart a bust. 20-22 year old defensemen rarely make a huge impact at that age.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Just me but I don't think the season is over. It's very long, with ups and downs. This is a down. The personnel is better than last year, so they're better equipped to eventually go on some winning streaks.
We need 92 points in the next 70 games (.657)

Right now were pacing at .333

Only 6 teams are pacing at >.657

Yes its over

Yes in november

Yes again

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Oh come on, this is still a young team that is learning how to win and developing an identity. This year was always a growth year. Maybe next year the existential angst may look a little less drama-queenish.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Oh come on, this is still a young team that is learning how to win and developing an identity. This year was always a growth year. Maybe next year the existential angst may look a little less drama-queenish.
Those sound an awful lot like the tempering words from G this summer after signing here.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I'm not going to pretend like I had them as a playoff team, but we're in the exact same spot after 12 games that we were the last 5 years. Is playing meaningful games in November/December after 5 years of bottom feeding that much to ask for? Our season could very well be on the line tomorrow and it's against the hottest team in the league. There's plenty of reason to panic.

Reactions: Deku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad