2022-23 NCAA CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
That's really interesting, I am sure it pertains to a very small group of prospects as most don't go back for a 5th year. I am rather bullish on thinking McCarthy has some promise as a prospect so hopefully he has a good year and wants to sign.
Actually that has changed, due to Covid. It was talked about on NHL radio this weekend. There are a crazy amount of transfers and more guys extending their college playing careers. There was close to 20% transfer rate at D-1 level. Some guys transferred just to get that extra year. They don’t know how it will effect development. The data is still new.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Actually that has changed, due to Covid. It was talked about on NHL radio this weekend. There are a crazy amount of transfers and more guys extending their college playing careers. There was close to 20% transfer rate at D-1 level. Some guys transferred just to get that extra year. They don’t know how it will effect development. The data is still new.
You gotta think most guys with real shots at having a career in the NHL are already gone but I like that teams have their rights even longer now.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
1684247008493.png

Certainly looks physically ready.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Unrelated to any of our prospects, but I noticed that it'll be Kamloops and Seattle in one of the WHL semifinals. Jarome Iginla's son is on Seattle and he's also a co-owner of Kamloops (with Shane Doan, Mark Recchi, and Darryl Sydor). I like to think Iginla will be like Adam Banks' dad.

I didn't realize Kamloops is hosting the Memorial Cup, so we get another chance at Jarome Iginla being Adam Banks' dad. Although it looks like Tij Iginla hasn't been dressing in the playoffs for Seattle.

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad