Injury Report: 2022-23 injury report

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Oof

His resilience is definitely being tested. I hope his recovery goes well and he still gets a shot to come back

Reactions: Sandisfan

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Bleh...poor guy =[

Sharks defense keeps getting worse, Ferraro-Karlsson, Nutivaara-Benning, Vlasic-Merkley/Megna...yikes

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Knyzhov's ELC expires next summer.

He could be back around All Star break/Valentine's day.

My guess is they assign/keep him in the AHL rather than push for NHL time. (Until he can prove he's -- mostly -- healthy.)

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Sandisfan is the Joe Thornton of HF Boards who just racks up tons of assists and then out of nowhere styles on everyone with a post like nbd

Peak Jumbo was excellent. However, I'm stuck with images of slow Joe because he didn't know when to retire from the NHL

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Torn Achilles.

He might be done. As a bottom 4 guy with no injuries and now with a really bad hernia injury and an Achilles he might lose as much of a step as EK65 did, which would put him at sub replacement level.

To be clear on it, Karlsson didn't lose a step after his torn achilles - it was only after the 2017 broken foot that he slowed down. However, for someone like Knyzhov who is far less of an athlete than Karlsson was, I think it will be a really hard road for him to return to the NHL. Shame.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
To be clear on it, Karlsson didn't lose a step after his torn achilles - it was only after the 2017 broken foot that he slowed down. However, for someone like Knyzhov who is far less of an athlete than Karlsson was, I think it will be a really hard road for him to return to the NHL. Shame.
To be fair though - Knyzhov is younger, so recovery will be better.

The real issue will be effectively being away from the game for two years, rather than the specific Achilles injury.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
To be fair though - Knyzhov is younger, so recovery will be better.

The real issue will be effectively being away from the game for two years, rather than the specific Achilles injury.

Knyzhov is 24. Karlsson was just shy of 23 when he had his torn achilles.

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad