Injury Report: 2022-23 injury report

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
What actually happened to him?
Sports hernia that required two surgeries combined with an infection that required him to be on antibiotics for 3 months. Hope he can bounce back from such an ordeal.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sounds like the Marty Havlat special ...
Could be but there's not a lot of details on Knyzhov's case that point to pelvic wall reconstruction yet. Luckily, Knyzhov is younger with a likely better chance to recover but whether he returns as NHL caliber is a whole different story. Luckily, they can send him to the AHL if he needs time to get his game back to that level. Could be interesting to see a Barracuda team potentially with Hatakka, Kniazev, Cicek, Merkley, and Knyzhov as part of their blue line.

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
I'm not sure he ever was NHL caliber.

There's not enough there to make a determination but it seemed like he had the athletic ability and skill set that could be honed into a solid NHL player but this sort of injury can derail that.

We didn't see enough of Knyzhov to know if his game would be good enough for NHL, but what I really liked is that whereas our lesser skilled defensemen would just make the safe play on the boards to no one, to get the puck out, or some other less offensive pass like back behind the net where a partner would have to dig it out and try to find a play. Knyzhov was able to spin and deke to get room to make a pass to a forward or D partner moving it up the ice. But with an injury like his there is a good chance he will not be able to get back to his previous form.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
We didn't see enough of Knyzhov to know if his game would be good enough for NHL, but what I really liked is that whereas our lesser skilled defensemen would just make the safe play on the boards to no one, to get the puck out, or some other less offensive pass like back behind the net where a partner would have to dig it out and try to find a play. Knyzhov was able to spin and deke to get room to make a pass to a forward or D partner moving it up the ice. But with an injury like his there is a good chance he will not be able to get back to his previous form.

I am contractually required to like every Sandisfan post ever.

The community needs to give back some likes.
Sandisfan is the Joe Thornton of HF Boards who just racks up tons of assists and then out of nowhere styles on everyone with a post like nbd

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
He was a solid complimentary piece with Karlsson. He's a #5 probably that can play higher in the lineup if he has a partner like Karlsson.
I liked what I saw of him in his healthy stint with the team. I agree with your comment as he was fairly solid and could move the puck out of the D zone. It will be interesting to see how he can come back and compete for that spot he had opposite EK65

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I feel for him, he's had a very rough couple of years and his career might be over practically before it begins.

At least he gets three years of an NHL salary before he turns 25?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad