Injury Report: 2022-23 Injuries: Point, Jeannot, Eyssimont, Cernak, Hedman

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If Jeannot is done for the rest of the season, there are two or three Syracuse guys that could be considered for a call up

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Don't want to sound like a jerk, obviously never want a player injured and I hope he's ok. Like Russian said, he needs more time and now that that is gone, damn. On the other hand, maybe Eyssimont or a call up provides something he wasn't. I mean, I can't see a series against Toronto hinging on Tanner Jeannot being in the lineup or not. It'll be more of him not being able to keep up when the leafs are laying it on the line. Maybe that's copium, but I'd rather him just heal and get into the offseason and train (might be the only option by then anyhow if we don't wake up).

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I don't see how Jeannot could come back to play this season after that.

Ffs, really wanted to see him in the playoff, to see if he would step his game up or not.
Now JBB is in a pickle, cause he'll have to re-sign him after seeing him in 20 games with beyond underwhelming performance.

WWYD if you were JBB? re-sign long term with the doubt that the guy won't be as useful as projected or arbitration QO and have him for only one more year for dirt cheap?

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

Ffs, really wanted to see him in the playoff, to see if he would step his game up or not.
Now JBB is in a pickle, cause he'll have to re-sign him after seeing him in 20 games with beyond underwhelming performance.

WWYD if you were JBB? re-sign long term with the doubt that the guy won't be as useful as projected or arbitration QO and have him for only one more year for dirt cheap?
I'm sure there were preliminary discussions on how much they would be able to extend him to. If JBB had wanted a short term option, there were plenty out there that would have cost less. With a player like Jeannot, the likely contract value and the pieces paid, it seems doubtful that JBB was looking at him as a one or even two run rental. Based on the rumored negotiations he was having with NSH, I still think something in the 5 or 6 year range at 2-2.5 is reasonable.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

The severity of the injury and uncertainty of him even being able to return period is troubling. To me you make his minimum QO for one year see what left of that leg. Term is totally off the table no sense putting cap on him when there’s a chance he just goes to LTIR. He has not shown enough that he can fit in this system long term. Just too many questions to make a commitment. There is an out for JBB with this injury too, it will be said what if he had not had tat injury. He could have been too 6 . Yeah that’s a stretch but those comments are coming.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The severity of the injury and uncertainty of him even being able to return period is troubling. To me you make his minimum QO for one year see what left of that leg. Term is totally off the table no sense putting cap on him when there’s a chance he just goes to LTIR. He has not shown enough that he can fit in this system long term. Just too many questions to make a commitment. There is an out for JBB with this injury too, it will be said what if he had not had tat injury. He could have been too 6 . Yeah that’s a stretch but those comments are coming.
Years of LTIR is an asset.

I don't think that's what we're looking at, however. True career ending injuries in the NHL are extremely rare. A culmination of career limiting injuries are more likely to get a player into an early retirement (multiple concussions, reoccurring injuries, etc.)

Milan Lucic 13 years ago

Mitch Marner, with physio explanation.

With all the skate blades popping out lately (not what happened with Jeannot), high ankle sprains might become more common.

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Honestly if it were me a one year prove it or lose it contract is the only option. In his what 25 games has not made the adjustments to this team now he incurred a serious injury ne that at best is going to hurt his skating even more. Tell it like it is we gave up a huge amount wanting you on this team but now there are just so many questions offer him that one year with the assurance of a term contract if things work out. Otherwise he could take it to arbitration where I would just allow him to become a UFA because throwing bad money hoping for the best is rarely a good option.

It’s a tough situation to be in really a no win for a GM. A really bad option to sign him with term and only getting a 4th liner at best.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Years of LTIR is an asset.

I don't think that's what we're looking at, however. True career ending injuries in the NHL are extremely rare. A culmination of career limiting injuries are more likely to get a player into an early retirement (multiple concussions, reoccurring injuries, etc.)

Milan Lucic 13 years ago

Mitch Marner, with physio explanation.

With all the skate blades popping out lately (not what happened with Jeannot), high ankle sprains might become more common.

LTIR still takes a contract. It relieves actual money no doubt. That is not the objective here. It’s not like using it on Kuch until the playoffs and getting a useful player back. This is trying to make the best of a mucked up situation where the outcome is further unknown. The guys in the pipeline are not exactly sure fire improvments to the roster and the cap is still there. While LTIR does not negatively impact Cap it will limit one contract and that does make a difference when filling out a roster.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
LTIR still takes a contract. It relieves actual money no doubt. That is not the objective here. It’s not like using it on Kuch until the playoffs and getting a useful player back. This is trying to make the best of a mucked up situation where the outcome is further unknown. The guys in the pipeline are not exactly sure fire improvments to the roster and the cap is still there. While LTIR does not negatively impact Cap it will limit one contract and that does make a difference when filling out a roster.
Taking one contract to directly help the NHL team wouldn't be that big of a deal. One less AHL depth player or ECHLer. TBL would make that trade every single time.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Taking one contract to directly help the NHL team wouldn't be that big of a deal. One less AHL depth player or ECHLer. TBL would make that trade every single time.
No to be argumentative but what would the positives be? The way I see it there are enough contracts already tied up with non NHL caliber players. Suppose in the offseason you have the opportunity to trade say Cirelli for a roster player and a prospect that you need to give a two way contract. You then make a decision to waive another player to make room at some point you have have some flexibility. You’re always going to have to carry some of those permanent AHLers . The team is transitioning into a rebuild especially on the defense you will need that flexibility the one thing he will not have to worry about for a while is contracts for drafted players do that would make a few contracts available but then the only other way to get players would be to claim them from waivers so you need a contract there. There were players that passed thru waivers over the last couple years that could tweak teams.

When this team was loaded contracts did not make much difference but as the need to build for the future they sure do imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad