Injury Report: 2022-23 Injuries: Point, Jeannot, Eyssimont, Cernak, Hedman

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
More on Balcers from Coop today:

"Love the kid. You know you get to spend a lot of time with them when they're not available to play. You feel for these guys because there's a lot of leg days and a lot of cardio days when you have those upper body injuries. But he worked his tail off so he deserves to get in at some point here. We'll just see when."

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
$750,000

im not no cap guru, but i can bet we see balcers do the two week conditioning assignment in syracuse while we figure out who we can send down/trade/etc. might even be balcers
So theoretically he can replace Names if he is not at least worst than Names on ice,and we trade Names and clear some cap

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So bone bruise in the back for Hedman? What’s the time table for that sort of thing? 1-2 months from what I’m reading on the interwebs.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
So bone bruise in the back for Hedman? What’s the time table for that sort of thing? 1-2 months from what I’m reading on the interwebs.
Is that what they said? Bone bruise is best case scenario since it’s just a discomfort thing. Give him a couple weeks off and then come back with some painkillers.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Hedman didn't land on his back hard, and the ride into the boards wasn't anything special.

He spun and landed on right his knee with full force, sending all of the energy into his hip and lower back.

I really don't expect good news, but hope I'm wrong.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Hedman didn't land on his back hard, and the ride into the boards wasn't anything special.

He spun and landed on right his knee with full force, sending all of the energy into his hip and lower back.

I really don't expect good news, but hope I'm wrong.
Agree, for sure. But he grabbed his lower back when he was down, and optically, he walked fine on his legs. He was tender with his upper body. So it’s a hip/back issue.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Dumb family doc. Meniscus is a knee. Heddy grabbed his back. There is no MCL or meniscus in the back. 🤦🏼‍♀️
He does possibly have his weight fall onto his knee when he loses his edge.

Later adding:
Should add it’s possible his injury is from contacting the boards which brings into possible back or even hip injuries but just can’t see exactly what happens so not sure about that
twitter.com/Harjas_Grewal/status/1632548355229507585

Reactions: PJ817

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
After watching the replay over and over, it doesn't appear his knee makes heavy contact with ice. I am hoping it's just a pulled muscle.

As somebody said before, could be a herniated disc.

What causes a herniated disc:
A single excessive strain or injury may cause a herniated disc. However, disc material degenerates naturally as one ages, and the ligaments that hold it in place begin to weaken. As this degeneration progresses, a relatively minor strain or twisting movement can cause a disc to rupture.

The average amount of time it takes for a herniated disk to heal is four to six weeks, but it can get better within a few days depending on how severe the herniation was and where it occurred. The biggest factor in healing a herniated disk is time, because most often it will resolve on its own.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Left knee buckles when he's trying to recover from the hit. Hopefully he's better soon.
Tb is my second team but he's my favorite defenseman in the league. Praying for a quick recovery

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad