2022-23 EXHIBITION/NON-CONFERENCE/PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
TrinityWestern-2010-blue-50x50.jpg

Sept 10 Trinity Western at U.B.C.
Sept 16 Trinity Western at Simon Fraser
Sept 17 Trinity Western at U.B.C.

No word on whether the Captain's Cup will continue as a pre-season event again in British California. Last year it included Victoria and Vancouver Island from the BCIHL.

northvanman

Jun 4, 2009
Oakville, ON
Don't know if you want to include BCIHL games not involving Usports teams, but Simon Fraser is at Alaska Anchorage on Sept 23 and at Alaska Fairbanks on Sept 24

Last edited:

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Don't know if you want to include BCIHL games not involving Usports teams, but Simon Fraser is at Alaska Anchorage on Sept 23 and at Alaska Fairbanks on Sept 24
I added those games because BCIHL and ACAC games are interwoven with the CW pre-season schedule.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Is the AUS still only permitted to play six exhibition games? If so, UNB has six games scheduled in the pre-season (vs. Moncton, at Dal, at Acadia, vs. McGill, at TMU x2)…which means they won’t be playing over the Christmas break, which seems strange.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Is the AUS still only permitted to play six exhibition games? If so, UNB has six games scheduled in the pre-season (vs. Moncton, at Dal, at Acadia, vs. McGill, at TMU x2)…which means they won’t be playing over the Christmas break, which seems strange.

Not over Christmas but soon after there is the 2023 World Universiade in Lake Placid NY, Jan 12-22 2023. I can't remember if it's been confirmed how the hockey teams will be assembled for that but some players will miss two weekends of conference play for that

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Not over Christmas but soon after there is the 2023 World Universiade in Lake Placid NY, Jan 12-22 2023. I can't remember if it's been confirmed how the hockey teams will be assembled for that but some players will miss two weekends of conference play for that
If they go back to a rotation by conference, this would be an AUS all-star team.

Last edited:

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Scheduling note:
Alberta's schedule includes a game hosting UBC on Sept 23rd, but this game is not on UBC's schedule. That weekend is blank for UBC. It could be that UBC awaits scheduling an opponent for Sept 24th, such as Calgary or MacEwan, or even NAIT.

northvanman

Jun 4, 2009
Oakville, ON
Scheduling note:
Alberta's schedule includes a game hosting UBC on Sept 23rd, but this game is not on UBC's schedule. That weekend is blank for UBC. It could be that UBC awaits scheduling an opponent for Sept 24th, such as Calgary or MacEwan, or even NAIT.
Similar thing with Western's schedule. Waterloo is playing Queen's on Sept 23rd and Ottawa on the 24th - both games are mantinees and in London. Very likely Western is playing the night game against Ottawa on the 23rd and Queen's on the 24th but only Waterloo's schedule reflects any of these games in London.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Similar thing with Western's schedule. Waterloo is playing Queen's on Sept 23rd and Ottawa on the 24th - both games are mantinees and in London. Very likely Western is playing the night game against Ottawa on the 23rd and Queen's on the 24th but only Waterloo's schedule reflects any of these games in London.
This is an annual occurrence in London. You know which teams are going there but the schedule is pretty much a guess until closer to the event.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
If they go back to a rotation by conference, this would be an AUS all-star team.

The AUS was up in 2019, but since the event was going to conflict with the playoffs, the AUS announced to USPORTS, in the fall that season, that they would not be providing a team. USPORTS went with a 'best of the rest' approach with players from any team not advancing. They won BRONZE.

The next event was supposed to be Dec 11-21, 2021 which is the middle of exams for most schools. I don't know if the AUS was 'up again' or maybe it was the OUA's turn, but USPORTS went with a 'national' team. This was a really good team on paper. Unfortunately, the event was cancelled due to COVID and the AUS was also struck by a mid-season lockdown, December to February.

This time around, I can see them going with a National team again - if only to reduce the burden of a single conference having to front the entire team.

Reactions: Rob and AUS Fan

northvanman

Jun 4, 2009
Oakville, ON
Windsor has added their full pre-season schedule. Nice boondoggle for them - who wouldn't prefer a weekend in Vancouver by plane over a weekend in New England by bus:

Sep 2 Windsor at UBC
Sep 3 Windsor at UBC
Sep 17 York at Windsor
Sep 18 Windsor at Brock
Oct 1 Windsor at Michigan
Oct 8 Brock at Windsor

Also, the link to RMC's schedule in your opening post is not current. This is the site they are using this year (pre-season games not yet posted, nor is their annual game with West Point):

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Concordia-50x50.jpg

Sept 16 N.A.I.T. at Concordia-Edmonton
Sept 17 Red Deer Poly at Concordia-Edmonton
Sept 23 Augustana at Concordia-Edmonton
Oct 7 S.A.I.T. at Concordia-Edmonton

SAIT-2018-50x50.gif

Sept 11 Portage College at S.A.I.T.
Oct 1 Augustana at S.A.I.T.
Oct 7 S.A.I.T. at Concordia-Edmonton
Oct 8 S.A.I.T. at Red Deer Poly

2022-23 SAIT Trojans Men's Ice Hockey Schedule

This is two ACAC teams to have schedules listed at the ACAC schedule page, and no games involving the CW yet.

Last edited:

northvanman

Jun 4, 2009
Oakville, ON
Guelph's exhibition game at Cornell has been moved back from Oct 19th to the 20th, their game at Dartmouth has moved from Oct 20th to the 21st, and they've added a game at Harvard on Oct 22nd

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Guelph's exhibition game at Cornell has been moved back from Oct 19th to the 20th, their game at Dartmouth has moved from Oct 20th to the 21st, and they've added a game at Harvard on Oct 22nd

Not a fan of three games in three days on the road. I've seen several teams do this on trips to the US. I guess they get paid something like 5000 per game.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Not a fan of three games in three days on the road. I've seen several teams do this on trips to the US. I guess they get paid something like 5000 per game.
They probably have a "large" roster, so some different guys are playing each game. Probably 3 goalies. It's a team bonding trip plus good competition (although the US teams are playing their 1st games with their 40 man rosters). Play a game, on the bus and eat, next town, hotel, team meeting, sight seeing, play a game.... Rinse and repeat. The guys MAY be allowed to have a beer or 2. And the money doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: Rob

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
The Bisons played 3-in-3 in The Big Lemon against York, Toronto, and Ryerson. McGill is doing it this year. In pre-season it's okay IMO because no one player would have to play all 3 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob and AUS Fan

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
New-Brunswick-2021-red-50x50.jpg

Sept 16 Moncton at New Brunswick
Sept 22 New Brunswick at Dalhousie
Sept 23 New Brunswick at Acadia
Sept 25 McGill at New Brunswick
Sept 30 New Brunswick at Toronto Metropolitan
Oct 1 New Brunswick at Toronto Metropolitan