Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: The frenzy is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Calgary has to make some signings tomorrow, they will have a lot of cash to throw around

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You know Sid put in the call. “If you MF’ers let him walk…..”

Good for Malkin getting his money. It’ll probably suck for the Pens.

Reactions: dahrougem2

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
With Kadri gone, Avs do need a 2nd line C if they wanna make another run. They simply can't without one. So what legit options would be available out there?

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
With Kadri gone, Avs do need a 2nd line C if they wanna make another run. They simply can't without one. So what legit options would be available out there?

It will be trochek or copp and if they want too much we will be waiting till close to deadline.

Reactions: the_fan

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Avs are still in talk with Manson and chances are Lehks will make more than 4M. Add a 2C and there's nothing left.
I don't believe that for a second. It's dater's dumb take that's difficult to disprove but if I had to bet, I'd say he's making it up. Just like his... It's 50/50 at this point non-sense.

Just keeps getting proven over and over that he really has no sources for the Avs but keeps putting out all that bullshit that he reads on the internet.
I figured Tampa traded mcdonagh knowing they could keep Palat. Wonder who they get now?
I'll tell you who they WON'T get... Valeri Nichushkin!!!!
It's a continuous pattern. The best teams in the league have ~3-5 years of being the top contenders before a combination of salary cap/age takes it toll on the team. Tampa and Vegas is pretty much in year ~5 right now. Colorado and Toronto are in year ~3 each. Pittsburgh is past that point, as is Washington. The previous top contenders before this group were pretty much Chicago/LA/San Jose/Boston and they're all obviously not in the top contender group anymore. Three of them are well into rebuilds.

And, you can also see the next line of teams coming up to contend as well tbh. New Jersey(They are set up phenomenally cap space wise moving forward, very reminiscent of us ~5 years ago), Los Angeles, NYR, Ottawa... They're all right on the cusp of being contenders in the next couple of years as long as they don't try and rush the process. In the Rangers case this was basically year one of the window already, the other 3 teams should make big progress next year.
I agree with what you're saying that it's cyclical but at the same time, the very best teams don't tend to stay down too long and some teams that are 'up-and-coming' never truly get over the hump.

The difference is usually good management vs bad management. Knowing when to 'go for it' and when to hold back usually separates the good ones from the bad ones.

Out of the teams you listed, I believe you are right with New Jersey though they'll have to proceed carefully and build it the right way without trying to take shortcuts. Los Angeles looked a lot better when Alex Turcotte was supposed to be a top notch prospect. The jury is still out on Byfield as well but if neither pan out, that's going to hurt their chances going forward.

As far as Ottawa goes, I just don't think Dorion is a good enough manager to get it done. They'll end up a good team though for sure at some point but probably not a true contender. I think Mr. "The Rebuild is over" is going to find a way to f*** it up.

Lastly, the NYR's core is probably older than ours. Apart from Fox, Shesterkin and the 2 "Top-2" wingers they got in recent drafts, they are severely lacking in the young center department. Panarin is 30, Zibanejad is 29, Kreider is 31. If they sign Kadri as rumored, that's not going to add to getting younger.

I would add Detroit to the list as I think they've done a good job since Yzerman took over. You can tell he's not going to rush it and he's going to build that team the right way.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

1657683011984.gif

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I really can’t see sakic paying market value for a 2C right now. There’s half a dozen teams who need a 2C right now, maybe more. Can’t see Sakic getting into a bidding war for Copp/Trochek. I think a trade happens.

Reactions: MacKaRant

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
At $6M who cares about the term? Especially if you could get another cup. A couple years as 2C and then a couple years as 3C.

I’d way rather have him at that price than someone like Trochek.
I mean if the dude could stay even somewhat healthy I'd have more interest. But a 36 year old with his injury history doesn't excite me much. Ability wise obviously he's the best option and chances are he'd just go to LTIR to retire, but then you're back to looking for another 2C. Idk I'd be fine either way, but I won't lose sleep over it.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Kind of sucks to lose your franchise player for nothing. Top players like this should give some kind of hint that they are going to move on so the team can get something for them at the trade deadline before they leave.
Agree but I feel like if we all saw this one coming the flames should’ve too. Maybe they would’ve considered moving him but they couldn’t afford to after they were sitting in the 1 pacific seed at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad