Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Let’s Run it Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Players like Kulak and De Haan are going to make close to the same as Manson. Anyone thinking otherwise are going to be very surprised when they sign their new deals.

There simply aren’t many defensive defenders available and plenty of teams vying for their services, which is why Nashville (and plenty of other suitors) were interested in a declining McDonagh signed until he’s 37.

Reactions: AvStock

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What an idiot
Just because he loves money and not winning, doesn't mean he's an idiot. lol

I mean signing that contract so close to being a UFA basically tells the rest of the league that very thing.

Agreed. If the time comes where we still don't have a 2C in August or something you might have to float Girard's name...

But until that point he shouldn't be on the table.

One other thought... I know a lot of us were on board with Newhook + 1st for Kane @50%...

Would anyone here do Newhook + 1st for JT Miller @50%?

Can't help but feel like getting our 2C for just $2.65M this year would give the Avs all kinds of room to not only bring back Nuke, but even add another free agent as well.
For me, that's too much to give up unless it comes with a contract extension - then the value would be fine.

Otherwise, he's a pure rental and sure, he's only making $2.75M or something like that for the rest of the year but we saw the Avs have the ability to put Landeskog on LTIR to go over the cap and they didn't even do it last TDL.

Obviously, it would give us a fantastic opportunity to repeat but I still believe that Newhook + a 1st round pick could be used (along with other assets) to get a player that is signed longer or that actually CAN be re-signed.

It’s mainly because we’d get Schiefele for 2 years as opposed to Miller for just next (I don’t want to pay the $8M+ he’s looking for)
It's curious to read about Scheifele's attitude issues because we didn't hear so much about that 2-3 years ago and that stuff has kind of surfaced more recently. Is that due to playing on a team that is seemingly spinning it's wheels and he just basically wants out? I kind of heard that he doesn't want to play defense but like I said, you never used to hear this stuff before - so is this just a guy who's sick of playing there?

Is this guy really horrible and we should want no part of him? I don't know the answer to that but if he's able to come in with a good attitude and play the way he's able to play - that guy would be an incredible addition as the #2C for the next TWO years at $6.125M per.

My preference is STILL Bo Horvat though.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Lol. Are you new to being a fan of this team?

@tucker3434 = a member of this board for 15 years

You = "Preds in 6"

Every post you make = "Girard is too small wahhh :cry:"

wK_DYA.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Doubt that Gibson, an American, waives for Edmonton.
Nationality has NOTHING to do with that. Bill Guerin, also an American, loved playing (and living) in Edmonton. Craig Conroy, an American, loved playing in Calgary and still works there today. Conversely, more than a couple Canadian players reportedly put the Canadian teams on their no-trade lists.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Just because he loves money and not winning, doesn't mean he's an idiot. lol

I mean signing that contract so close to being a UFA basically tells the rest of the league that very thing.

For me, that's too much to give up unless it comes with a contract extension - then the value would be fine.

Otherwise, he's a pure rental and sure, he's only making $2.75M or something like that for the rest of the year but we saw the Avs have the ability to put Landeskog on LTIR to go over the cap and they didn't even do it last TDL.

Obviously, it would give us a fantastic opportunity to repeat but I still believe that Newhook + a 1st round pick could be used (along with other assets) to get a player that is signed longer or that actually CAN be re-signed.

It's curious to read about Scheifele's attitude issues because we didn't hear so much about that 2-3 years ago and that stuff has kind of surfaced more recently. Is that due to playing on a team that is seemingly spinning it's wheels and he just basically wants out? I kind of heard that he doesn't want to play defense but like I said, you never used to hear this stuff before - so is this just a guy who's sick of playing there?

Is this guy really horrible and we should want no part of him? I don't know the answer to that but if he's able to come in with a good attitude and play the way he's able to play - that guy would be an incredible addition as the #2C for the next TWO years at $6.125M per.

My preference is STILL Bo Horvat though.
Didn’t we hear that him and wheeler harassing laine I vaguely remember hearing something of the sort

AvsRuleU

Oct 16, 2013
Colorado
We aren't even close to trading for Scheifele or Miller if all we have to offer is Newhook and a late 1st round pick. And you guys want their teams to retain 50% on their contracts?

Holy hell, this board needs to get a grip.

C'mon bro, we're all expert GM's in NHL 22. This isn't rocket science.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Manson’s contract will turn into what EJ’s deal is now. He’s not good enough in the short term to justify that. I thought he had good and bad moments in the playoffs. Didn’t think he was an overwhelming positive.

Bring him back for cheap, but anything at, or above 4 is a mistake.

I completely agree, we can't forget how bad Manson was in the regular season. It was all anyone was talking about, especially when the Avs finished with 6 or 7 straight losses. The main boards were trolling Sakic again for another "failed deadline" - that's how bad Manson was.

But he rebounded strong in the playoffs. A couple low points (Game 1, Edmonton series), but otherwise Manson was reliable.

Still, some team is going to do what teams always do and overpay the secondary piece for the previous cup winner (see: Coleman and Goodrow last summer). Manson was a part of the reason Colorado won, but he was just one of many ingredients.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nationality has NOTHING to do with that. Bill Guerin, also an American, loved playing (and living) in Edmonton. Craig Conroy, an American, loved playing in Calgary and still works there today. Conversely, more than a couple Canadian players reportedly put the Canadian teams on their no-trade lists.<

3gqlsfy.png

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Just read Rob Rossi's Why haven’t the Penguins signed Malkin? Inside a fraught process nearing its end on the Athletic.

MacKinnon is going to use his relationship with Crosby to ensure that in 2025/2026 we have the deepest center depth the NHL has ever seen.

Malkin sent congratulatory texts to Rust and Letang (and backup goalie Casey DeSmith) on the days their new deals became official. Each player asked him if he was next.​
His response: “They think I’m not good anymore.”​
...​
If the Penguins offered four years, that $6 million salary could work for Malkin. However, Malkin distanced himself and prepared to move on after what he saw as a combination of low offers and being a lack of a priority for the Penguins. Things were recently so precarious that Crosby paid a visit to Malkin at his home on Fisher Island in South Florida.​
“Sid didn’t go to convince Malkin to sign,” a league source said. “He wanted to check on his friend. He was worried about how hard this is on Geno with Geno not feeling wanted anymore.”​

Summer of 25, Sid signs a cheap 1 year contract with the Avs. Malkin is in his 4th year of a 6x4 contract with the Avs. Center depth in 25/26 MacKinnon-Crosby-Malkin-Tavares(who signs 1 year league minimum contract to finally win a cup).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad