Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: In Season Thread - Time to Defend the Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
So are we not going to talk about how Bednar is running his lines this year?

Why did MacDonald play 3:03 minutes today? Maltsev 4:41. Meanwhile ERod is getting 23:13 as a forward (which is #1 dman minutes on a normal team).

That's a very unusual way to manage ice time, to say the least. Especially this early in the season!

Almost looks like Bednar is mad at the GM for giving him shit players and wants to let them know that he's not going to use them.
I remember a few years back that I felt he was not playing his top guys enough. This year the pendulum has swung the other way. Let's hope we get somebodies soon so that things get back to normal.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Jonathan Toews and Max Domi sure would check alot of boxes for us

Lehkonen- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Landeskog- Toews- Nichushkin
Rodrigues- Domi- Compher
Cogliano- Helm- O'Connor
MacDermid

Newhook, Maltsev, Hunt, Kaut and McDonald offer nothing.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
So many people complaining about our 2nd line. People forget what a difference our captain makes, not only in production, but lifting everyone around him. When he gets back, one of Rodrigues or Newhook drops to the third line. Lehk is on track for 60 points now (another goal tonight).

Add to that new lines and chemistry needs to be built. Rome wasn't built in a day guys.

P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E.

That's all I'm asking. We are going back-to-back here. Trust me. We'll storm up the line-up.

Landeskog - Mack - Nuke
Lehkonen - Rodrigues - Rants

and THEN throw Helm in, and possibly Galchenyuk after his injury subsides. That's not including trade deadline moves.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's more like throwing around 200k to have NAK instead of some AHLer on the team. The cap crunch isn’t that bad.

200K makes a bigger difference than you think. According to Cap Friendly the Avs currently have $375K in cap space.

Anyway, this is kind of a reductive argument. I'd be perfectly fine with NAK coming back, but I can see why they're not putting in a claim.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
200K makes a bigger difference than you think. According to Cap Friendly the Avs currently have $375K in cap space.

Anyway, this is kind of a reductive argument. I'd be perfectly fine with NAK coming back, but I can see why they're not putting in a claim.
Also, the qualifying offer was over 1M. Makes perfect sense why the Avs went with other options. I was wrong.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We should've be right in front of them, right?

Not sure honestly. Both teams are .500 but they have more games played and more points.

So not sure tbh.

That's largely just because they are in Finland. And because of 3 injuries.

They've been playing the cap saving game all season up to this point. On off days they have almost $2M in space.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So many people complaining about our 2nd line. People forget what a difference our captain makes, not only in production, but lifting everyone around him. When he gets back, one of Rodrigues or Newhook drops to the third line. Lehk is on track for 60 points now (another goal tonight).

Add to that new lines and chemistry needs to be built. Rome wasn't built in a day guys.

P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E.

That's all I'm asking. We are going back-to-back here. Trust me. We'll storm up the line-up.

Landeskog - Mack - Nuke

and THEN throw Helm in, and possibly Galchenyuk after his injury subsides. That's not including trade deadline moves.
Galchenyuk ain't on the team lol

Reactions: Chiarelli

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E.

Landeskog - Mack - Nuke

That's still really bad. Rodrigues isn't a 2nd line Center.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad