Rumor: 2022-2023 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: In Season Thread - Time to Defend the Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
When given the list of names: Newhook, Compher, Rodrigues, Meyers, Rantanen...which one seems most likely to succeed as a 2C?

I think the obvious answer from the start has always been Mikko. The delay in trying it could potentially be costing the Avs points in the standings. If I'm right in assuming that Rants has asked to be used as a last resort, then this will strictly come down to Bednar's patience.

I pretty damn certain he can play center in the NHL. The question is, can he come close to approximating a 9.25M center?

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
if its the club that pays for damages on the Cup, I could see the owners vetoing this claim. :rolly:

edit: also, Id only bring him back if NAK agrees to change his number to 47. :D

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah I’d definitely put a claim in. As of November 1 the priority list is based on the current standings as opposed to last year too, I believe. That means we’ll be around 15th.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Weird, I may sound really dumb, but looking at Hunt stats, it says he scored a goal this season, but I can't remember it? I'd absolutely claim NAK, and probably waive Hunt or Maltzev at this stage.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Either NAK wanted to leave or Avs didn't want him. Would be a bit weird to claim him, though he would be an improvement at least right now.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I don't think the Avs didn't want him, they just didn't want to pay him a million dollars.
That can't be it. 1M is peanuts and AHL bums get almost the same amount if they stay with the big club.

The Avs probably just hoped the youth would do more, they didn't.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That can't be it. 1M is peanuts and AHL bums get almost the same amount if they stay with the big club.

When you're in a cap crunch and you're already paying Cogliano $1.25 million, O'Connor $1.05 million, and Helm $1.25 million, throwing another million out there isn't exactly the no-brainer people on here are making it out to be.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
When you're in a cap crunch and you're already paying Cogliano $1.25 million, O'Connor $1.05 million, and Helm $1.25 million, throwing another million out there isn't exactly the no-brainer people on here are making it out to be.
It's more like throwing around 200k to have NAK instead of some AHLer on the team. The cap crunch isn’t that bad.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

AHL bums get 750k... $1M is 33% more. In what world is a 33% raise nothing?

$250k also makes a huge difference on the cap from the start of the season. That's over $1M in extra cap spade at the trade deadline.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
FTR after 10 games last year Makar had 2G 6A 8 pts.

This year after 10 games he has 1G 9A 10 pts.

So it's not a disaster.

However, last year he scored 7 goals in the following 5 games. So he had 9 goals after 15 games. That's going to be tough to replicate.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I don't think the Avs didn't want him, they just didn't want to pay him a million dollars.
1667615598989.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So are we not going to talk about how Bednar is running his lines this year?

Why did MacDonald play 3:03 minutes today? Maltsev 4:41. Meanwhile ERod is getting 23:13 as a forward (which is #1 dman minutes on a normal team).

That's a very unusual way to manage ice time, to say the least. Especially this early in the season!

Almost looks like Bednar is mad at the GM for giving him shit players and wants to let them know that he's not going to use them.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So Dylan Strome might've been productive for us, he's got 9 points. I'm just reading stats though
Dylan Strome sucks.

Why did MacDonald play 3:03 minutes today? Maltsev 4:41. Meanwhile ERod is getting 23:13 as a forward (which is #1 dman minutes on a normal team).

That's a very unusual way to manage ice time, to say the least. Especially this early in the season!

Almost looks like Bednar is mad at the GM for giving him shit players and wants to let them know that he's not going to use them.
I'm usually one to question Bednar's TOI allocations, especially when it comes to the 4th line and the defensemen.

However, today was an anomaly. CBJ had 7 PPs while the Avs had 5, and a guy like Rodrigues who plays on the PK and on PP1 was going to end up with an absurd amount of ice time.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Misses Megna

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
FTR after 10 games last year Makar had 2G 6A 8 pts.

This year after 10 games he has 1G 9A 10 pts.

So it's not a disaster.

However, last year he scored 7 goals in the following 5 games. So he had 9 goals after 15 games. That's going to be tough to replicate.
Unlikely Makar equals last season this year, he set the bar pretty damn high.

He is still a PPG Dman though despite looking pretty meh most of the time, no other Dman in the league can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad