2022-2023 Senators Prospect Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Call me crazy but I’m not willing to write off an NHL future for Aspirot. He’s only 23 and is consistently a favourite of coaches and seems like a veteran out there already. Seems like a guy who could carve out a third pair role in a few years.

He’s got some Francois Beauchemin/Andrew Ference vibes.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Such a weird list. A good chunk of these guys I would not consider prospects and hence would not track them. Also another set that is missing, that I would for sure consider prospects and track. For example Crookshank.

Rourke Chartier, Jayce Hawryluk, Olle Alsing, Jacob Larsson and Scott Sabourin are not prospects anymore. I would put an asterisk beside Jake Lucchini as he will end up as one of the best players in history but technically he's not a prospect anymore as well

And considering Vitali Abramov won't come back to NA before he's 25-26 y/o+, I don't consider him as a prospect anymore. It's like a Wikstrand situation, as we waited on the guy for nothing. Some might still be waiting lol

Keep in mind we are ahead of the season and some prospects will be added going forward, such as AHL prospects (like Crookshank). Notice that guys like Sokolov and Greig, etc are not there as well

Great. But then I would remove Aspirot, Lucchini, Chartier, etc. I don't think they are considered prospects.

Jonathan Aspirot is a prospect as he is still 23 years old. He hasn't played in the NHL yet. The only thing is he wasn't drafted which usually makes people see the player as not having a great chance to make it. But look at Parker Kelly for example, same situation as he signed as a free agent. And he's been voted 16th in the pool

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I came here looking for an update on Crookshank but see a discussion of who is and isn't a prospect. We recently had this discussion on the HFPens board. We didn't come up with a consensus thought but my qualifiers are:

1. Has to be younger than 25 come September 15th.
2. Has to have fewer than #### NHL minutes played (cumulative) given their age. I don't have a qualifier on this for goalies yet. See image below.
3. Must only be on their first or second NHL contract.

Pfhg1IQ.png

People wanted to use the Calder eligibility as prospect eligibility, but I find that definition flawed.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Love this initiative each season @mianjo, recommend you use Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #21 as polled by @Xspyrit to order your table, should be interesting to see the juxtaposition as your list keeps getting updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Love this initiative each season @mianjo, recommend you use Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #21 as polled by @Xspyrit to order your table, should be interesting to see the juxtaposition as your list keeps getting updated.

You mean he should list the prospects with the same order as we have from the polls ranking? He could but he'd have to copy/paste this to excel then do some manipulations. It looks like mianjo is just copy/pasting that table from eliteprospects.com. That's why there is guys like Chartier, Alsing, etc

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
You mean he should list the prospects with the same order as we have from the polls ranking? He could but he'd have to copy/paste this to excel then do some manipulations. It looks like mianjo is just copy/pasting that table from eliteprospects.com. That's why there is guys like Chartier, Alsing, etc

Yes i copy and paste from elite prospects, right now the list changes every day but once the players season starts they will listed in the order of scoring which is why right now Abramov is the leading scorer as he is the only player who's league has started playing

Reactions: Xspyrit

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Zero points for Johansson and Pettersson today and Nordberg had 1 assist today.

Lookout for Alex Ciernik he had 48 points in 33 games last season at 16 years old in the Swedish U20 league and already gas 4g 2a in his first 2 games this season as a17 year old.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Zero points for Johansson and Pettersson today and Nordberg had 1 assist today.

Lookout for Alex Ciernik he had 48 points in 33 games last season at 16 years old in the Swedish U20 league and already gas 4g 2a in his first 2 games this season as a17 year old.

son of Senator great Ivan Ciernik

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Hamara actually ended up with 2 goals and 1 assist on the night. I watched the game (most of it).. Hamara was on the 1st pp unit in the QB role and was very involved offensively the whole game. The Rangers ended up losing 6-5 so I am wondering about his shut down abilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur and DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad