2022-2023 Around The League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
19 points in 18 games and 15 points in 16 games for a very good Sabres team, then 16 in 17 games his first season in Philly.

And then he proceed to score 30 points in 23 games the year the Flyboys went to the Final. Seriously? Awful in the playoffs???

Hell even when he was clearly on the downswing of his career he put up 9 in 11 and 13 in 11 games.
I believe that was sarcasm, friend

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Was DeBrusk still looking to be traded? Or was that just in connnection to not getting along with Cassidy?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Was DeBrusk still looking to be traded? Or was that just in connnection to not getting along with Cassidy?

He rescinded the request after Cassidy was fired. And of course Krejci returned from overseas. Pretty sure I read that Bergeron was threatening retirement as well. Whatever happened in that locker room between Cassidy and the players, it was bad.

I still want to know what he said to the Washington Capitals the day he walked in the door on his first day. Even he admitted he completely f***ed up with his very first words to the players.

Reactions: Chiarelli

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was a big fan of Tage when I watched him play during his draft year, I had him around the twenties when a lot of scouting lists had him all over the second round or as a very late first (HP had him at 28th I believe on their final list). When I watched him, I saw a lot of attributes of a very good power forward, he was a good skater for his size and went to all the dirty areas. Obviously, he was rawer during these viewings as he did score a lot of points during his freshman year at UConn, but he wasn't really a superb offensive player I thought. Had talent, but I almost saw more of a grinding game in my viewings', which he has now abandoned for more of a skill game. My point is I am very sure nobody saw that he had this level of offensive ability, I saw him more as a tweener 2nd/3rd line player that can provide some secondary offence, but will be more of a product than a catalyst. I mean he definitely could have finished those plays, but he wasn't really the absurd puck carrier that he is now or he only showed those glimpses in flashes and not consistently. Whatever the case, he's one of the few raw prospects - along with Hintz and Robertson to a degree - where all the buttons went right in his development. He's more of an outlier than the norm because I can tell you that the Blues didn't draft him knowing he had 50 in 50 potential.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The really strange thing was that the Bruins told Cassidy in exit meetings he'd be back, then fired him a couple weeks later. Like, what the hell did management not know about that prompted them to abruptly change course so quickly? I'm guessing it was the reported Bergeron thing I alluded to earlier. But even then, y'all couldn't figure out why Krejci ditched out the previous season? :laugh:

Reactions: dahrougem2

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You might be the last person I'd take fantasy advice from :laugh:

TT. OOoooooooooof
Im first in my league with the least amount of man games used so theres that.

@The Kingslayer read every last word of this. Then bookmark it. Then when next season rolls around your punk ass drafts Tage Thompson and DOESN'T DROP HIM.
If I get the last pick and Thomspon is still available im picking Jesse Puuljarvi because its eventually going to be his year.

The second half of the story is just as amazing. He was sent down to the AHL after playing a ton of NHL games and had the right attitude about it. Then was injured on his first shift of his call up and lost the season. Krueger used him as a third line grinding winger and he was borderline to protect in the Seattle expansion. That was less than a season and a half ago. Granato moved him to Center and he somehow pots 38 goals Last year. This year he’s got 30 on January 3rd and they had two games postponed. He’s also added some damn fine passing to his repertoire and has become more aware and active with his stick defensively. And most of that rise came while his wife battled cancer.

He’s a 30 for 30 waiting to happen
The f***.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pretty dumb shit from Spittin' Chiclets here. Why would you imply that the lottery is rigged? Last thing the league needs is more "fans" believing that the league is against them.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
Pretty dumb shit from Spittin' Chiclets here. Why would you imply that the lottery is rigged? Last thing the league needs is more "fans" believing that the league is against them.

Spittin Chicklets are pretty synonymous with dumb shit. They had us out of the playoffs against St.louis. everyone other than biz is washed up or just give edgy takes.

Reactions: katfude

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The lottery is not rigged, if it was the #1 picks would never go to teams like Edmonton. The McDavid lottery was a miserable outcome for the league on all levels.

Reactions: Azrael89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad