Prospect Info: [2022 - 194th] Petteri Nurmi (Liiga - HPK)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I sure liked what I saw of the guy at the development camp. His skating alone gives him some potential, although I don't know if it will lead to anything thing outside of Europe down the road. It's nice that he's having a good start to his D + 1 season in any case.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Do you have any specifics on his game? Haven't seen him. I thought people liked him at the first rookie camp but I could've had him mistaken with Engstrom.
People liked him and Engstrom at rookie camp.

Nurmi is a good skater who has a great first pass and transitions very well. Smart defensively. Not much upside, I don't think, offensively outside his first pass.

As of right now, I'd say Kulak is a good comparable but Nurmi is better defensively.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He'll make a nice career over in Finland.

I'm curious why CapFriendly has his rights expiring this summer. He was drafted out of Europe, so not sure why they have his rights expiring after 2 years instead of 4.

He and Engstrom were drafted in 2022, both out of Europe, but CF has Engstrom's rights expiring in 2026, but Nurmi's are listed as 2024.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
I'm curious why CapFriendly has his rights expiring this summer. He was drafted out of Europe, so not sure why they have his rights expiring after 2 years instead of 4.

He and Engstrom were drafted in 2022, both out of Europe, but CF has Engstrom's rights expiring in 2026, but Nurmi's are listed as 2024.
Nurmi was drafted as an overager - born Jan. 2002 with Engstrom Nov. 2003

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
they did change some things in the new PTA that was signed at the end of last season but I know I read where they kept it at 4 years to sign but what I read was just for Sweden since all the PTA's are signed with each country but I had assumed it's the same for all them but Russia of course since they don't have a PTA with the NHL-IIHF.

I don't see why Nurmi would be 2 years instead of 4 as I'm not aware of being an overager changes anything.

I know they did make one change with Sweden that relates to when Norlinder came over. If you recall there was the whole they had to keep him in the NHL or send him back but then MB found a loop hole that after December they could keep him and send him down. The rule is that all non 1st round picks that are under contract in Sweden, that they have to be 24 years or older in order to be sent to the AHL. If not they have to be sent back to Sweden. This will only go into effect for players that signed after the new PTA was signed, players signed under the old PTA go off those rules.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
So, it seems that we need to decide before June 1st 2024 if we keep him or not. Do we sign him? He signed an extension in Finland (for the 2024-25 season).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So, it seems that we need to decide before June 1st 2024 if we keep him or not. Do we sign him? He signed an extension in Finland (for the 2024-25 season).
If he signed an extension, what do we have to do to keep his rights?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Sign him to an ELC, but loan him to Finland if he doesn't make the Canadiens.

I have this same question with Konyushkov, he needs to be signed by 2025 and his KHL contract goes until 2026. No loan agreement between KHL and NHL. What gives, are we able to just keep his rights past 2025 with no contract? I think he'll be 24 or 25 when his KHL contract is done so not sure what the UFA rules are for KHL guys

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I have this same question with Konyushkov, he needs to be signed by 2025 and his KHL contract goes until 2026. No loan agreement between KHL and NHL. What gives, are we able to just keep his rights past 2025 with no contract? I think he'll be 24 or 25 when his KHL contract is done so not sure what the UFA rules are for KHL guys
Pretty sure that the right of Russian player are held indefinately, because there is no transfer agreement.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Tuch will get signed, there's never enough big guys with some offensive touch in one's system.

Nurmi won't get signed and Pitlick may get an AHL deal and start in TR but that's it.

Agree. Next prospects to be signed are Engstrom, Hutson, Davidson, Tuch & Kapanen. 4 of them with Laval Rocket next year. I would signed Xhekaj too.

Let go: Guindon, Biondi, Nurmi, Tourigny (maybe Tourigny stays in AHL deal, but my guess is Europe).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad