Prospect Info: [2022 - 162nd] Emmett Croteau (NCAA - Clarkson University)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
My buddy is a RCMP officer up in Bonnyville.. Emmett went to the elementary school and met with a bunch of kids, posed with his Canadiens draft jersey.

Seems like he made a good impression on the kids, nice guy.

Is this your buddy?

maxresdefault.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Croteau has been killing it lately in the USHL. He missed a little over a month of action in January. Since coming back, he's played 8 games, with 6 wins and 2 losses. In one game he had a .789 SV%.

All the other 7 games:

He had lost his #1 spot before he got hurt. When he came back, he was still the back up. But then he started to play solid in the games he got in, and now he has regained the #1 spot.

He now has a 2.52 GAA and .915 SV% for the season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Croteau has been killing it lately in the USHL. He missed a little over a month of action in January. Since coming back, he's played 8 games, with 6 wins and 2 losses. In one game he had a .789 SV%.

All the other 7 games:

He had lost his #1 spot before he got hurt. When he came back, he was still the back up. But then he started to play solid in the games he got in, and now he has regained the #1 spot.

He now has a 2.52 GAA and .915 SV% for the season.

We should probably start taking 2 goalies per draft instead of the usual 1. It's probably out biggest week point on the future depth chart .

We may be set at C with Suzuki, Dach, and Beck. We may be set on D. We have a ton of wingers and wingers are easy to get. Although elite talent to upgrade at any position would be welcome at the draft. But Dobes, Primeau, etc... has to be our weakest position in the future depth chart.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We should probably start taking 2 goalies per draft instead of the usual 1. It's probably out biggest week point on the future depth chart .

We may be set at C with Suzuki, Dach, and Beck. We may be set on D. We have a ton of wingers and wingers are easy to get. Although elite talent to upgrade at any position would be welcome at the draft. But Dobes, Primeau, etc... has to be our weakest position in the future depth chart.

Any late round goalies need to come from USA or Europe. We saw with Vrbetic that you have to make a decision too early on them.

I'm totally good if we take Bjarnason high because he's an elite goalie out of the CHL.. but I wouldn't use a late round pick on Milic or Ratzlaff, they aren't really high end prospects and you have to decide what to do way too early.

Something like Bjarnason/Fowler/Hrabal with a 3rd 1st or a high 2nd and then grabbing Clara or Dybal in the mid rounds would be excellent this year.

Reactions: MadMslm

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

this was my first real game action that i've seen from him, I thought he looked good. Interested to see how he does at Clarkson next year.

He finished the year on a real good note. In the middle of the season, he lost his #1 spot and was the back up. Towards the end of the year, he regained the starters net and in his last 15 starts, he only had below .900 SV% twice.

He finished 4th in SV% in the entire USHL last season with .917. Fowler finished 2nd with .921.

Croteau finished finished 5th in GAA with 2.46. Fowler finished 1st with 2.28.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal

Your wish has been heard my man

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He finished the year on a real good note. In the middle of the season, he lost his #1 spot and was the back up. Towards the end of the year, he regained the starters net and in his last 15 starts, he only had below .900 SV% twice.

He finished 4th in SV% in the entire USHL last season with .917. Fowler finished 2nd with .921.

Croteau finished finished 5th in GAA with 2.46. Fowler finished 1st with 2.28.

I noticed him at the development camp as well, liked what I saw and he's got the frame that makes him interesting. Depending on what happens with any of Primeau/Dobes/Croteau, plus the '23 guys, one of the low key top assets for the Habs could have been the hiring of vincent riendeau. While it hasn't been so great in the NHL, you have to give him credit for finding some quality goalie prospects in the late rounds.

Goalies are so hard to project, to me guys you sort of expect to be better often end up worse and the ones you expect to be worse end up better then you thought. It's hard to say just what the Habs have in net for the future but wow is their list of options impressive in terms of depth but some interesting guys. Fowler will be a ton of fun to follow and Dobes is one of the more entertaining goalie prospects I can recall. I don't know the Russian or Miller yet but with this depth at least for now they won't be able to rush them all so I'm excited for that at least.

I want to see a few more Croteau games this summer, maybe against Sam Harris since they play in the same conference.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's gonna get exposed - gets into his RVH too early, stays in it too long, his stance is too low and he'll stay down to look at the puck through traffic.

A lot to work on there.

He wasn't facing a very good team either as I don't know if I put in all the ones that maybe weren't on net but in most cases likely would have been a goal. but it will be interesting to see if he can steal away the starting job or not. They can have him take a few years to figure things out at least and if not at least now they have lots of depth there at least for now.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He wasn't facing a very good team either as I don't know if I put in all the ones that maybe weren't on net but in most cases likely would have been a goal. but it will be interesting to see if he can steal away the starting job or not. They can have him take a few years to figure things out at least and if not at least now they have lots of depth there at least for now.

Yes, for sure.. there's some tools there so I know why they picked him but there's a lot of technique stuff that needs to be refined. Good NCAA clubs are gonna eat him alive playing like that.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yes, for sure.. there's some tools there so I know why they picked him but there's a lot of technique stuff that needs to be refined. Good NCAA clubs are gonna eat him alive playing like that.

Clarkson has a pretty weak schedule, in Dec they face Harvard and the USNDTP (exhibition) and a holiday tourny that is either Cornell or UMass but not much else outside of Harvard/Cornell should be that tough. I get just about all his games so I plan to catch a few here and there if he plays of course and doesn't suck.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't gotten around to watching his first game back from injury, he missed just about 3 months, still no word on what happened. I asked on twitter a few weeks back to see if he was even injured but I never heard. I happen to see that he was listed as the starter for Clarkson's last game where ended up getting shelled by Cornell one of the top teams in the ECAC.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
If this was the 1920s, then I'd say a guy named "Emmett Croteau" would be a lock to be an NHL star and the guy most likely to leave the Stanley Cup stuck in a snowbank in Rimouski after a drunken binge. But unfortunately it's just not a modern NHL name. Maybe if he was Yannick

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ethan Langenegger transfers to Clarkson could be trouble for Croteau next season. They will have 3 goalies (I didn't check to see if they have any incoming) so we'll see what happens. Never heard what his injury was but he missed so much time I had wondered if he would red shirt.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kid wasn't good at all this year and is at the bottom of our goaltending pool. But he has transferred to Dartmouth for next year.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kid wasn't good at all this year and is at the bottom of our goaltending pool. But he has transferred to Dartmouth for next year.

He should look into redshirting, he only played 6 games, after the 1st couple weeks of the season he had an injury from what I heard but never found out what it is or what was going on. He was back in the 2nd half but he didn't play much at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad