GDT: 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs (General Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
The D certainly isn't helping on the last two but that's still an awful rebound by Rask and the one prior probably counts as his turnover along the boards.

Bruins are done.

At least we are not the only ones choking. Everyone thought Bruins would be the top competition this year.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
One team is grinding defensive minded team who rolls out 4 lines and suffocates you all over the ice. The other relies mostly on top line to carry them. The series is 3-2 about to be over. Reminds me of another series:sarcasm:

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Isles winning this is good for the Avs. Statistically more likely that there is at least one Game 7 from a 3-2 series. So it will be the Avs.

I know there’s no relation between the two series, but as a superstitious ex-goaler I subscribe to this thinking as well.

Hope the Isles close, even though I prefer the B’s.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
One team is grinding defensive minded team who rolls out 4 lines and suffocates you all over the ice. The other relies mostly on top line to carry them. The series is 3-2 about to be over. Reminds me of another series:sarcasm:

It's interesting. These teams shutdown the big guys and the series over basically.

Reactions: the_fan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Vegas is a better version of the Islanders and Montreal. They are all the same tight defensive team waiting to capitalize on opportunities.
No…. These three teams are built wildly differently and different styles. Montreal is goalie out with great center depth, great defensive top 4, elite goalie. NYI are suffocating defense with good depth, okay defense (great team commitment and structure), great goaltending. Not overly physical outside of their 4th line. Vegas is a beat you to death built around high end wings defense and goaltending with minimal depth.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No…. These three teams are built wildly differently and different styles. Montreal is goalie out with great center depth. NYI are suffocating defense with good depth, okay defense (great team commitment and structure), great goaltending. Not overly physical outside of their 4th line. Vegas is a beat you to death built around high end wings defense and goaltending with minimal depth.

On paper perhaps but on the ice it doesn't show. Their first 3 lines are basically all the same.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
No…. These three teams are built wildly differently and different styles. Montreal is goalie out with great center depth, great defensive top 4, elite goalie. NYI are suffocating defense with good depth, okay defense (great team commitment and structure), great goaltending. Not overly physical outside of their 4th line. Vegas is a beat you to death built around high end wings defense and goaltending with minimal depth.

I don’t know, I think Vegas is a pretty deep team.

They have Janmark and Tuch playing on their 3rd line and Whitecloud on their 3rd pair.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If the Islanders were playing the Knights last night they wouldnt have blown a 2 goal lead in the third period.

Maybe but that's a purely hypothetical scenario. If the Isles were playing the Knights last night, they may never have led the game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad