GDT: 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs (General Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That check to the head was more blatant than Kadri. Only a 2 min minor and won't lead to a suspension most likely.

Reactions: Ncit3

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Avs would probably have a better chance stylistically against Tampa than Vegas.
Stylistically, yeah… but Tampa is just so much deeper and better. The Avs from this series would get rolled. Need Kadri back and playing at high highest level to have a chance

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Stylistically, yeah… but Tampa is just so much deeper and better. The Avs from this series would get rolled. Need Kadri back and playing at high highest level to have a chance

And if all the depth momentarily fails, the have motherf#&*ing Vasi to clear everything up.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Avs are on the cusp of yet another postseason disappointment but man, IMO Carolina had a shockingly bad playoff showing. Struggled like hell against a thoroughly mediocre Nashville team, and then their vaunted special teams completely implode against the mighty Bolts. That was the team with the third best record in the league. Sure didn’t look like it. Horribly disappointing showing from Hamilton, Aho, Svechnikov, and both goalies. Slavin was about the only guy I’d say showed up and played like mad every game.

Not sure what they do next but something still seems off there. Probably not an overhaul or anything needed but they could do well with a goalie upgrade and/or find a big winger to maybe complement their skilled playmakers.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Avs are on the cusp of yet another postseason disappointment but man, IMO Carolina had a shockingly bad playoff showing. Struggled like hell against a thoroughly mediocre Nashville team, and then their vaunted special teams completely implode against the mighty Bolts. That was the team with the third best record in the league. Sure didn’t look like it. Horribly disappointing showing from Hamilton, Aho, Svechnikov, and both goalies. Slavin was about the only guy I’d say showed up and played like mad every game.

Not sure what they do next but something still seems off there. Probably not an overhaul or anything needed but they could do well with a goalie upgrade and/or find a big winger to maybe complement their skilled playmakers.
Maybe we can convince them to trade playoff disappoint Aho for special teams savant, Ryan Graves

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The DoPS has brought that on themselves with massive inconsistency. I'd fully support Kadri having the same statement. Not that either suspension isn't warranted... but Staal, Reaves, and Wilson basically get nothing or a small suspension... yet Kadri and Scheifele have series altering suspensions. It has to be incredibly frustrating.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Remaining order of preference:

Islanders
Montreal
Boston

Tampa

The cup falling into a bottomless pit

I'd prefer Tampa winning it, just because the more cup wins and success they have, the harder it will be to keep their core together. Would also be a higher chance players like Cirelli, Sergachev, and Point decide to chase the money since they already have their cups.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'd prefer Tampa winning it, just because the more cup wins and success they have, the harder it will be to keep their core together. Would also be a higher chance players like Cirelli, Sergachev, and Point decide to chase the money since they already have their cups.
I would like to see Semyon Varlamov win a cup

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No, Mark, your own actions shut you down. You don't get to make runs at people and then go skate in the next game.
He's not wrong. 4 games for a first time offender in what would equate to a 12 game regular season suspension has absolutely no merit but because it was less than 5, he also couldn't appeal it.

I don't blame Scheifele for calling out DoPS like this and I wish he went even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway