Series Talk: 2021 Round 3, Stanley Cup Semifinals vs Canadiens, for Campbell Bowl

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Full respect to the Knights from my end pre-series. They seem like a fast hard-hitting team and it's going to require a herculean effort for the Habs to stop them.

Also I don't think Habs fans should be trash-talking in here, did we learn nothing from Leafs and Jets fans?

Reactions: CDN24

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Best of luck in the Series, Golden Knights fans...will be fun!!...

decaprio.gif

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Vegas fans are not that cocky. We need you guys to be more cocky. I need more people saying knights in 4. Come on we know you are all thinking it just say it lol

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I rematched all the goals from last series. Grubauer didnt play very well. Colorado didn’t really have a shut down pair. Goals against the Habs will be tougher to come by because Carey Price is a top 5 goalie in the world and the top 4 are big horses.

Matthews Marner Ehlers Wheeler all these guys were shut down. Also Philip Danault is one of the best shutdown center in the league right now.

I think it will be a low scoring series.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Vegas fans are not that cocky. We need you guys to be more cocky. I need more people saying knights in 4. Come on we know you are all thinking it just say it lol

I don’t think so. From a Habs fan point of view Vegas fans are one of the nicer fans in the league because their team is competitive and new to the league. There hasn’t been even time to create rivalries.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I don’t think so. From a Habs fan point of view Vegas fans are one of the nicer fans in the league because their team is competitive and new to the league. There hasn’t been even time to create rivalries.

lol I know but I need some hate and overconfidence like the first two rounds. Come on vegas fans your the best tell me how your gonna destroy us!!

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
lol I know but I need some hate and overconfidence like the first two rounds. Come on vegas fans your the best tell me how your gonna destroy us!!
Ok, Vegas wins in 5.

I predicted Vegas in 7 vs Minny, & Vegas in 6 vs Colorado so you know, I'm somethkng of an oracle myself.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I rematched all the goals from last series. Grubauer didnt play very well. Colorado didn’t really have a shut down pair. Goals against the Habs will be tougher to come by because Carey Price is a top 5 goalie in the world and the top 4 are big horses.

Matthews Marner Ehlers Wheeler all these guys were shut down. Also Philip Danault is one of the best shutdown center in the league right now.

Could be.

Vegas has had abrupt playoff scoring issues in the past and Montreal is a good team who played Vegas tough in the past though we haven't played in a year and a half or with these rosters and don't have any recent common opponents to compare.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Could be.

Vegas has had abrupt playoff scoring issues in the past and Montreal is a good team who played Vegas tough in the past though we haven't played in a year and a half or with these rosters and don't have any recent common opponents to compare.

Minnesota resembles Montreal a bit. Montreal has way better goaltending. Shots from the perimeter won’t get pass playoff Price. He’s got the ability to steal the series. Price will be team Canada starting goalie for sure. Also the top 4 defensemen are playing lights out shutdown. Basically playing like #2-3 defensemen eating up 26+ minutes per game. Habs also have 14-15 forwards who can play on any of their top 4 lines a lot of depth. Biggest weakness is the bottom pairing defensemen 5-6-7 due to lack of experience and just average.
The Danault Gallagher Lehkonen Evans can shut down the top players with Mcdavid Draisatl in regular season and Matthews Marner pair in playoffs. 1 goal between Matthews and Marner in 7 games that’s crazy to think. They also made Ehlers Dubois Wheeler a no show last series.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Minnesota resembles Montreal a bit. Montreal has way better goaltending. Shots from the perimeter won’t get pass playoff Price. He’s got the ability to steal the series. Price will be team Canada starting goalie for sure. Also the top 4 defensemen are playing lights out shutdown. Basically playing like #2-3 defensemen eating up 26+ minutes per game. Habs also have 14-15 forwards who can play on any of their top 4 lines a lot of depth. Biggest weakness is the bottom pairing defensemen 5-6-7 due to lack of experience and just average.
The Danault Gallagher Lehkonen Evans can shut down the top players with Mcdavid Draisatl in regular season and Matthews Marner pair in playoffs. 1 goal between Matthews and Marner in 7 games that’s crazy to think. They also made Ehlers Dubois Wheeler a no show last series.
Montreal has better goaltending but Minny has better D(top 4 are all #1-2 D). Knowing they'll most likely lose one to Seattle makes me relieved because that D core is nuts

Minny also has the better shutdown line between them in Foligno-JEEK-Greenway(which was the best shutdown line when we could compare players/lines truthfully, in 2019-20).

Edit: you know, I retract my Montreal having better goaltending comment. Talbot was FANTASTIC in our series.

Last edited:
Reactions: SakuKoivu11

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The Habs don't have a Spurgeon, Brodin or Kaprizov. Weber is better than Suter right now, and Petry is a slightly better/bigger Dumba. Aside from Cole, the Wild defense are much less physical.

JEE was playing on the same level as Danault.

Price>>Talbot though and while both teams have similar depth on wing, Montreal has much better depth at C.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
The Habs don't have a Spurgeon, Brodin or Kaprizov. Weber is better than Suter right now, and Petry is a slightly better/bigger Dumba. Aside from Cole, the Wild defense are much less physical.

JEE was playing on the same level as Danault.

Price>>Talbot though and while both teams have similar depth on wing, Montreal has much better depth at C.

Suzuki is getting close to a kaprizov. I know he was a rookie but playing 6 years in the KHL and being 24 years old doesn’t really scream rookie to me which I guess why he’s so far along but Suzuki also plays Center and is much better defensively. His offensive powers are literally budding during these playoffs. Remains to be seen if he can step up against vegas.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Haven’t seen kaprizov to be honest. Suzuki isn’t like him. He’s more of a two way center. Best player I can think of comparison is a young Patrice Bergeron. Caufield is really coming on I guess you can say he’s like Kaprizov. Then there’s Toffoli Anderson and Kotkaniemi who I think plays like EEk. Montreal defencemen isn’t like Minnesota puck moving defencemen. These are big 6’4” very good skating defencemen. You can say Petry is like Suter. Montreal doesn’t have an elite offence player. They also use a trap like system to clog up the neutral zone. 2-1-2 or 1-2-2.

I think this series will be tight one goal games no open offence.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
A3CC16FE-8976-4AF6-86F6-C62A9C96D2C4.png

A clash of cultures:

One franchise is a vaunted “Original Six” team with more than a century of history and 24 Stanley Cups; the other, a mere four seasons and one Stanley Cup Final loss.

One franchise’s fan base is waiting to emerge from their basements, fearing the next COVID-19 variant. The other fan base is already partying like it is 1999, fearing only the next STD variant.

Go Knights!

Last edited:
Reactions: ChanceVegas

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

The habs didn't do anything special to shutdown Matthews and Marner. Those two forget how to play as soon as its playoff time especially Marner.

I definitely think that the experts are underrating the habs by a lot as I've seen some in the hockey media looking at how vegas will do vs tampa or islanders and I hope that being heavy favorites doesn't go to heads of the golden knights players and think they can coast and win this series. I also would bet on the series if I was a habs fan as the odds are +300 and higher.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
If both teams bring their A game and are unable to break the will of the other team I'd pick Vegas.
But as a Habs fan I'm hoping they can weather the storm (onslaught of the Vegas style n home crowd) long enough to keep the series within reach and hopefully find a way to create some self doubt on the Knights squad. Tough ask, but hoping.
If Montreal can get one of 1st 2.......
Best of luck to Vegas in this series. Seems like such a great place to play hockey.
Hopefully both teams bring the games they have played the last week plus and it'll be fun to watch the war of attrition. Neither team can be accused of being soft or not willing to pay the price to win.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

Personally I’m not thinking that. I see the predictions, betting odds, etc. and would love to see a Knights win in 4 or 5 games, but this sport is way too unpredictable. I’m just waiting for game 1 so the teams can at least start to feel each other out.

A lot of people said we would destroy Minnesota. After 4 games we were up 3-1 and they were saying “Yup, see I knew Minnesota would get dominated.” Minnesota had something to say about those confident predictions in games 5 and 6 and even early in game 7.

Reactions: aresknights

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Seems like fans of every opponent look at our roster and think they match up well largely because of our centers. Minnesota fans said that too (not because their centers are impressive but because they had strengths in other areas and a major weakness for them didn’t look as bad).

It is true though that we’re not the prettiest team on paper. I read comments from Colorado fans saying they looked at our roster and were baffled that we were doing so well. And it wasn’t hater comments. They gave our team credit for having an insane work ethic.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Seems like fans of every opponent look at our roster and think they match up well largely because of our centers. Minnesota fans said that too (not because their centers are impressive but because they had strengths in other areas and a major weakness for them didn’t look as bad).

It is true though that we’re not the prettiest team on paper. I read comments from Colorado fans saying they looked at our roster and were baffled that we were doing so well. And it wasn’t hater comments. They gave our team credit for having an insane work ethic.
And yet a center is comfortably leading Vegas in scoring these POs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad