Series Talk: 2021 Round 3, Stanley Cup Semifinals vs Canadiens, for Campbell Bowl

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The fact we haven’t played this opponent makes me concerned about playing them. It adds more uncertainty. People are dismissing them too easily in my opinion. The matchups and style are different from previous opponents.

Last edited:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The fact we haven’t played this opponent makes me concerned about playing them. It adds more uncertainty. People are dismissing them too easily in my opinion. The matchups and style are different from previous opponents.
Agreed completely, I think this round will be quite interesting in both series, not really having a true inkling of how each matches up.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Habs fan in peace. Vegas is my 2nd favorite team (and probably my favorite place on the planet - username might have been a giveaway). Got to be at one of the first events at T-Mobile a few years ago when GnR reunited but my next visit just missed them and the Jets in the playoffs as they were playing on the road. Would be epic to be there for a hockey game but f***ing covid won’t let that happen. Here’s to a great series and the best team wins and then goes on to hoist the Cup!’
didnt you say TB was your second favorite team? And the year before the Blues were your second fav team?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Over the past 25 years, Flower is 3rd in wins against Montreal (behind Brodeur & Ryan Miller) with a 22-13-6 record in the regular season.

Reactions: Puckrobber

Plekaturtlenec

Jan 11, 2014
Toronto
No actually, we outscored you in the series. We lost Tavares 10 min in, Muzzin for game seven and lost two O.T games.

Habs are a trap team. Their fans know that it's boring hockey. Another 3 year extension for Bergevin should do the trick.

Vegas wins this series as long as they pound Weber and Charoit, continue to forecheck and get in Prices face. Habs don't even beat a healthy Leafs team, Vegas in my eyes was the preseason Cup favourite.
SMH still talking smack after the Habs won more series in a week than your team did in 17 years. Give it a rest.

Super excited for this series, I'm a fan of the Knights and this is a serious David vs. Goliath matchup on paper. See you guys on Monday!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
IMHO Game 1 will be a big feeling out game. These teams haven't faced each other since January 2020 (pre covid stoppage). Just a few personnel changes since :sarcasm:

Montreal has a bunch of rust they may have to shake off after a week off. Vegas will have three days of rest from the previous series.

Looks like games in Vegas will be 6pm PT and in Montreal 8pm ET

Vegas is the "best team in the league" (by record) who remains in the playoffs. Montreal squeaked into the playoffs at the division 4th seed.

Travel could be a factor. Although they haven't done it for more than a year, Vegas may be better prepared for cross-continent travel (but Montreal actually had more multi-time zone travel this past season).

Injuries? Who knows.

I expect Vegas to come out hitting hard on Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Mom

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs will rely on primarily four D Men. Vegas will improve their chances if they hit at every opportunity, Weber and Chariot. Both who play long minutes.

Habs don't rely on creating, they rely on counter attacking teams mistakes in a sad, uninspired defensive system. Hard, relentless forechecking, down low cycles and being more physical against them is a guaranteed recipe for success if you are Vegas.

They hardly beat a wounded Leafs team. Vegas rolls a far better forecheck, net presence game. Just do it.

Godspeed.
LOl..............so salty...
3-1 Leafs choked.
This will be a tough series, got a feeling it goes 6 for the Knights...........but, there is always a but...

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
IMHO Game 1 will be a big feeling out game. These teams haven't faced each other since January 2000 (pre covid stoppage). Just a few personnel changes since :sarcasm:

Montreal has a bunch of rust they may have to shake off after a week off. Vegas will have three days of rest from the previous series.

Looks like games in Vegas will be 6pm PT and in Montreal 8pm ET

Vegas is the "best team in the league" (by record) who remains in the playoffs. Montreal squeaked into the playoffs at the division 4th seed.

Travel could be a factor. Although they haven't done it for more than a year, Vegas may be better prepared for cross-continent travel (but Montreal actually had more multi-time zone travel this past season).

Injuries? Who knows.

I expect Vegas to come out hitting hard on Monday.
Damn, it's been 21 years already?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Damn, it's been 21 years already?

Finally. The long awaited Western matchup.

thumb_remembertitanic-its-been-84-years-when-you-see-a-veterans-48353914.png

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Habs fan checking in, my 8 year old son is a Vegas fan so I can’t say I hate you guys (yet) lol but was just wondering do you guys have any injuries? Any guys playing through anything significant? Anyways you guys have been playing great, and look to be an extremely deep team.

Reactions: Puckrobber

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Habs fan checking in, my 8 year old son is a Vegas fan so I can’t say I hate you guys (yet) lol but was just wondering do you guys have any injuries? Any guys playing through anything significant? Anyways you guys have been playing great, and look to be an extremely deep team.

Nosek (Unknown injury) and Krebs (Broken Jaw) are the only guys out. Martinez is one of the main guys playing through an injury he sustained at the end of the regular season blocking a shot.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

Of course, any team can win against any other team. The issue is simple in my eyes with this matchup more than any other: "does Vegas want this series more"? If they do, it's theirs. Habs can't deny them it.

Habs will rely on the defensive collapse in front of Price, as they have all season. Unfortunately for them, Vegas excels at the dump and chase that is generally not optimal play, but, with such big bodies who love the ground game and an immobile Habs D, it should be a nightmare for the Habs.

From a style standpoint, Vegas is precisely the type of team Habs are NOT built to beat (it's tough for most teams to matchup in all honesty, which is why I chose them in the preseason to win the Cup). You've got 1 or 2 players on your entire roster that is under 6 feet and #81 doesn't play like he is 5'9.

Vegas plays a North/South game and have no problem dumping it in and cycling when needed. This is the enemy of the Trap, something the prior teams did too little of, or simply didn't want to do.

If Vegas plays with the hardnosed forecheck they played against the Avs, in particular as they did in games two and five; there can be no answer from the Habs other than "pas plus!"

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I just don’t see how the Knights lose this series unless Price goes God mode. I’m not trying to discredit Montreal, I just think we have a much deeper roster and just beat a team that is much better than Montreal as well.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I just don’t see how the Knights lose this series unless Price goes God mode. I’m not trying to discredit Montreal, I just think we have a much deeper roster and just beat a team that is much better than Montreal as well.

I agree, its going to come down to Price. Knights are a very deep, big and strong team.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I can’t wait to see Caufield develop with you guys. He’s been very fun to watch. Toffoli has been a great addition for you guys too. Best of luck this series.

Its so refreshing to have an opponent fan base like yours! I've always liked Tuch and hope his brothers develops into a similar player for us! Best of luck to you guys too!

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Last time we played this team:

Vegas Golden Knights at Montreal Canadiens Box Score — January 18, 2020 | Hockey-Reference.com

Not much we can make of that. Gallant had just been fired, Fleury was in a slump and still struggling after the tragic death of his father, Karlsson was out with an injury, Nate Schmidt played instead of Pietrangelo, Tuch was really struggling at the time, Stastny played and had 2 points, and Cody Eakin played (no wonder we lost).

I’m sure the Habs have gone thru some changes too.

They beat us twice in the season and outscored us 10-8. Our defense was a mess earlier in the season. Would be shocking to see more games with 5-4 scores in this series.

That feels so long ago so it doesn’t tell us anything. But I was still curious.

Irontoe

Jan 26, 2013

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to congrats you for your win over the Avs. Can't wait to get this series started, let's hope for a great one.

You have a great team, if we lose to you, I'm on the Vegas bandwagon!

Cheers,

Reactions: Habs13 and Mr Mom

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
At this time please refrain from any more TML vs Habs content unless your point pertains to the Conference Finals. (just kidding - love the rivalries). I think Price has played out of his mind so far this playoffs, but Flower has definitely been extremely solid as well. If the Goalies both play well and it comes down to skating & skill this should be a great series. I'm rooting for the Golden Knights, just like the way they play the game. Lets have a great Conference Championship!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad