2021 QMJHL Draft

ccmribcore

May 13, 2021
Bowness with the Isles, he was called up in November.

Yes Bourque will be playing in the Q for the 2nd half. Wener was reassigned by Quebec to U18, Allen and Cam Henderson have both been re-assigned to Jr. A.

So the # increased by 2 from the start of the season.

Add Alexis Jacques with Victoriaville, solong for the american dream!

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Goyette joins the Volts. Great addition. This kid has a ton a potential according to me. Fits pretty well in the cycle and his style will complement the other skills players like Côté, Woodworth and Peddle.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Goyette joins the Volts. Great addition. This kid has a ton a potential according to me. Fits pretty well in the cycle and his style will complement the other skills players like Côté, Woodworth and Peddle.

Potential is sky high for Goyette, always had him very high on my lists (higher than consensus). That said, he has a lot to work on to reach that upside.

Reactions: Teaspoon salami

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Q Teams now have their final rosters on-line, at total of 26 2005 born players cracked line-ups around the league.
19- F
7 - D
0- G
A total of 4 Teams have ZERO 05's.
Halifax lead with 4
BC , DRU , RIM all have 3

9 Atlantic players
Ryan, Henderson, Squires, Peddle, Rotondi, Crosby, MacKinnon, Coughlin, Gendron
3 -NS
3-NB
2-PEI
1- NL

At the end of the day, 31 players born in 2005 will finish the season in the Q. 9 defencemen and 22 forwards.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Cape Breton,Eagles, are in the basement in their respected division. The one player that sticks out in the -/+ goals for and against column is C. Squires @ -18. Why would a Top Prospect forward be on the ice when so many goals are scored against them? Only 4 other players are hitting - goals and the rest are in + numbers. Can one player bring them down in the standings that much with their type of play without the puck this much?

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Cape Breton,Eagles, are in the basement in their respected division. The one player that sticks out in the -/+ goals for and against column is C. Squires @ -18. Why would a Top Prospect forward be on the ice when so many goals are scored against them? Only 4 other players are hitting - goals and the rest are in + numbers. Can one player bring them down in the standings that much with their type of play without the puck this much?

At 16 years old Brady Burns ended the 2018-2019 season at -54 and still play for the same team. As 19 years old, he'll be in the lineup at the Memorial Cup and currently shows +16 after 30 games. Don't worry with +/- for a 16 years old in a rebuilding team. This is only one example. I could provide many more.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwgs

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Come on HKYTalk, that is a pure cheap shot at a kid you have knocked for over 2 years on this forum....maybe it would be better if Squires was serving an 18 game suspension in U18 like your hero Sentner. Squires can flat out play, does he have holes in his game, absolutely, but what 16 year old dosen't, he is having a very solid year on very bad Team Anyone who is looking at +/- on a last place team shows how little then actually know about hockey....the stat is meaningless.
Connor Trentholm is -19 and the Sea Dogs went after him to help win a Mem Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwgs

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Peddle is second with -15 and he also has 18 points to help his cause. J. Gendron is sitting at -6 with one goal in his case. I believe when watching some of those players play, the more offense orientated players get caught up with what they were drafted for and that's to score goals and forget about picking up a player as it goes the other way as they are always thinking about where to be if and when the puck goes onto their teams stick where should I be. No question that type of play will take time and usually the more season'd players will show the way and the coaches will have to enforce this behavior as well. Young players are focusing on playing the game hard one way and not enough on the other side. The +/- side of stats is a team stat that goes un noticed as the game is being more and more focused on individual players play and not how they play with their own line mates or team. Not an easy statistic to figure out how to correct and in some plyers you can't but only put a strong two way player on his line to cut down the goals against would be a start.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Come on HKYTalk, that is a pure cheap shot at a kid you have knocked for over 2 years on this forum....maybe it would be better if Squires was serving an 18 game suspension in U18 like your hero Sentner. Squires can flat out play, does he have holes in his game, absolutely, but what 16 year old dosen't, he is having a very solid year on very bad Team Anyone who is looking at +/- on a last place team shows how little then actually know about hockey....the stat is meaningless.
Connor Trentholm is -19 and the Sea Dogs went after him to help win a Mem Cup.
IMO a player like Connor will not even be enough for them break their 2 game losing streak let alone win a Mem Cup, stop reaching to make a selfish point.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Peddle is second with -15 and he also has 18 points to help his cause. J. Gendron is sitting at -6 with one goal in his case. I believe when watching some of those players play, the more offense orientated players get caught up with what they were drafted for and that's to score goals and forget about picking up a player as it goes the other way as they are always thinking about where to be if and when the puck goes onto their teams stick where should I be. No question that type of play will take time and usually the more season'd players will show the way and the coaches will have to enforce this behavior as well. Young players are focusing on playing the game hard one way and not enough on the other side. The +/- side of stats is a team stat that goes un noticed as the game is being more and more focused on individual players play and not how they play with their own line mates or team. Not an easy statistic to figure out how to correct and in some plyers you can't but only put a strong two way player on his line to cut down the goals against would be a start.
Honestly, are actually watching QMJHL hockey? Do you know what line Peddle , Squires, Gendron even play on? Do you see who they are on the ice against on any given night? It's not about kids trying to be to offensive and not taking care of their own end, it's about being 16 in 19/20 year old league, where you do well just to touch the puck. The coaches are not hiding these players, they are giving them every opp to succeed as well as to fail. I have seen Peddle play shifts vs Bourgue, Nadeau, Bourgault, from Shaw...these are all guys headed for the show...Peddle does well just to keep up and yes the puck ends up in his net...as it does for most every line that plays against those guys. Throw the +/- stat out the window and use IN-STAT, that will show you who makes the mistakes and when.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Truly, you must be joking about the In-Stat and that it shows who makes mistakes. You are still reaching. Furthermore, the +/- stat in hockey is the still valued and important column in the game of HOCKEY today and you want to throw it out. Please your stock of hockey knowledge is what's getting thrown out...

Last edited:

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
Great the jealous guy is back! As I try to negotiate through the 2006 fathers foolishness, I thought the 2005 dads would have figured it out by now.

Squires has skill and apparently the Screaming Eagles believe they can make him a player for his 18-20 year old seasons. I’ll trust them.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Truly, you must be joking about the In-Stat and that it shows who makes mistakes. You are still reaching. Furthermore, the +/- stat in hockey is the still valued and important column in the game of HOCKEY today and you want to throw it out. Please your stock of hockey knowledge is what's getting thrown out...
Have you had the opportunity to use In-Stat? I can watch every one of a players shifts, beginning to end...and you can specifically ask for turnovers or coverage mistakes, etc. You can look at zone entries, passing stats, d-zone, 0-zone play anything you can think of.
There is no where to hide my friend with In-Stat, every scout , every coach uses it daily. It's unreal.

Reactions: HKY99

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Have you had the opportunity to use In-Stat? I can watch every one of a players shifts, beginning to end...and you can specifically ask for turnovers or coverage mistakes, etc. You can look at zone entries, passing stats, d-zone, 0-zone play anything you can think of.
There is no where to hide my friend with In-Stat, every scout , every coach uses it daily. It's unreal.

Yeah, Instat is a real game changer... don't need to look everywhere to find some game tapes of some players anymore. Everything is there.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Yeah, Instat is a real game changer... don't need to look everywhere to find some game tapes of some players anymore. Everything is there.
100% agree. I can add that you see much less scouts at M18AAA games than you use to see in the past. Every scouting staff learned to work with it. Instead of sitting at the rink for 3 hours + travelling time to watch 2 or 3 players they're intesrested in, they can isolate each of them and gatter all the info in 20 minutes or so per player.

The tool I prefer is the ice-time. That says a lot on the impact of a player on a particular team and it helps a lot when it's time to compare 2 players. A good player in a strong team with less powerplay time compared to an equivalent player in a weak team who gets PP1 ice time. Possible that one will have much better offensive stats bit that doesn't mean he has more potential than the other.

Room for improvement: I would like to see more Espoir games on Instats. The cost may be an issue here.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
100% agree. I can add that you see much less scouts at M18AAA games than you use to see in the past. Every scouting staff learned to work with it. Instead of sitting at the rink for 3 hours + travelling time to watch 2 or 3 players they're intesrested in, they can isolate each of them and gatter all the info in 20 minutes or so per player.

The tool I prefer is the ice-time. That says a lot on the impact of a player on a particular team and it helps a lot when it's time to compare 2 players. A good player in a strong team with less powerplay time compared to an equivalent player in a weak team who gets PP1 ice time. Possible that one will have much better offensive stats bit that doesn't mean he has more potential than the other. I would like to see more Espoir games on Instats.

Yeah, there is not much Espoir on there but at least you have all the games from the challenge for the top espoir and RSEQ/LHPS players + the top bantam guys.

I still think it's great to be at the rink but instead of doing a 2 hour ride to go see a single game maybe I'll watch 3 games during the afternoon instead on Instat.

Reactions: Teaspoon salami

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Throwing a couple players under the bus based on +/- at 16 is ridiculous HKYTalk. Of all forwards in the 05 class (other than Gauthier, and maybe Collard), Peddle & Squires have seen more ice time against opponents top players and their ATOI is higher than most 16 year olds in the league. For me the most complete forward in the class so far has been Cataford! He is tough to play against, kills penalties and has chipped in offensively more than most expected.

On the backend both Ritondi and Coughlin have been solid and Morin might be the biggest surprise.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Throwing a couple players under the bus based on +/- at 16 is ridiculous HKYTalk. Of all forwards in the 05 class (other than Gauthier, and maybe Collard), Peddle & Squires have seen more ice time against opponents top players and their ATOI is higher than most 16 year olds in the league. For me the most complete forward in the class so far has been Cataford! He is tough to play against, kills penalties and has chipped in offensively more than most expected.

On the backend both Ritondi and Coughlin have been solid and Morin might be the biggest surprise.

Agree 99% : Morin has always been in the top 3 Quebec defencemen of this group. The fact that he left Quebec after his first year Bantam probably impacted his ranking for the draft. No surprise for me.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Agree 99% : Morin has always been in the top 3 Quebec defencemen of this group. The fact that he left Quebec after his first year Bantam probably impacted his ranking for the draft. No surprise for me.

To me, he was the best prospect in Quebec period with Gauthier... And so far... he looks amazing. He has been massively underrated by scouts because of where he played.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Agree. By saying he was top 3 D, "je me suis gardé une petite gêne ".

Yeah for sure. At the end of the day he's a good hockey player and the fact that he played out of Quebec for 2 years probably left some teams doubting his commitment to playing in the Q as well, which could explain his ranking. But I know that some teams were doubting his talent level as well, CSR had him pretty low which probably didn't help, but sometimes they're just flat out wrong.

8 players of that 3rd round on their list are playing in the Q while only 5 on their 2nd round are playing.

Their list is much better this year, and it makes sense since they've been able to see the players more, but that's why you watch them in Bantam as well.

Last edited:

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Can anyone comment on the status of Luke Patterson, I noticed on Twitter last week , where he looked to be with the Eagles, but I don't see him listed on their roster. NB/PEI league is starting up this week, Moncton Flyers will have a hole in the line-up if he has been a late call up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad